Metal Storm logo
Demons & Wizards - Sign New Deal With Century Media Records

Century Media Records is pleased to announce the signing of legendary metal band Demons & Wizards for a worldwide collaboration. Currently, the band is busy recording the highly anticipated yet untitled third studio album, which is scheduled to be released in early 2020. Prior to the release of the new studio album, Century Media Records will release Demons & Wizards' sold out first two albums as reworked special editions. Remastered by Zeuss (Iced Earth, Queensrÿche, Sanctuary), these two releases will be out on June 7th, 2019.

Hansi Kürsch comments: "It is a great pleasure and a big honor for me to finally become a full part of the Century Media family. Jon and I both feel that Century Media is the perfect match for our upcoming Demons & Wizards missions. And there will be plenty of them. Right at the moment we have not only finalized a re-boot of our first two albums, but are also working with full forces on the successor of Touched by the Crimson King. Good things are on its way. Expect nothing but the best and do not miss us on the road this summer, unless you want to risk another 20 years of waiting ?"

Philipp Schulte of Century Media Records adds: "To say that we are stoked to be finally working with Hansi and Jon on a new Demons & Wizards album would be an understatement. This is a very important signing to the label: A top-tier metal band and a great addition to the label's roster. The fans have been patiently waiting for Demons & Wizards' return. And now the time is near! We start our cooperation by re-releasing the band's two classic albums, before they are conquering the festival stages all across Europe. And then, in the beginning of 2020, after 15 years of waiting, Demons & Wizards will finally return with a new studio album. It is time to hoist the sails for the storm to come. Welcome aboard!"

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Demons & Wizards
Posted: 25.03.2019 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 94 users
25.03.2019 - 17:54
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Such an awesome news year for Hansi fans like me! \m/ Realllly hoping they tour somewhere within a 100mile radius of me...
25.03.2019 - 21:47
Amazing news! Both of their releases contained some of the best power metal I have ever heard.
25.03.2019 - 22:09
Crème fraiche
Damn, didn't see this coming! Great news!
26.03.2019 - 02:32
thewall30
Amazing stuff, definitely gonna buy their first album when it comes out remastered!
----
26.03.2019 - 06:54
Lanthros
Shut up and take my money
26.03.2019 - 14:51
Arcesse Eum
Bobby Jarzombek on drums again!?!? please???
----
As above, so below.
26.03.2019 - 20:10
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Written by Arcesse Eum on 26.03.2019 at 14:51

I would be happy with either of the drummers featured on the 2 previous records. Both Prator and Jarzombek have a really nice style that fits perfectly with the music of Demons & Wizards.
27.03.2019 - 00:16
mikeprado30
Written by tominator on 26.03.2019 at 20:10

Written by Arcesse Eum on 26.03.2019 at 14:51

I would be happy with either of the drummers featured on the 2 previous records. Both Prator and Jarzombek have a really nice style that fits perfectly with the music of Demons & Wizards.

If they don't choose touring with Thomen Stauch (I would be the happiest man on Earth if that happens ) those guys will be other nice choices
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
27.03.2019 - 07:31
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Written by mikeprado30 on 27.03.2019 at 00:16

If they don't choose touring with Thomen Stauch (I would be the happiest man on Earth if that happens ) those guys will be other nice choices

I don't know how things are between Hansi and Thomen. He left BG because he didn't like the direction they were going in with the music. So I don't know if it was on good terms or not though. It probably was (at least I hope so). But it would be awesome to see Thomen working with Hansi again.
28.03.2019 - 03:17
Opethian
Some of the best news for 2019! All the best
29.03.2019 - 05:15
mikeprado30
Written by tominator on 27.03.2019 at 07:31

Written by mikeprado30 on 27.03.2019 at 00:16

I don't know how things are between Hansi and Thomen. He left BG because he didn't like the direction they were going in with the music. So I don't know if it was on good terms or not though. It probably was (at least I hope so). But it would be awesome to see Thomen working with Hansi again.

Well, their friends relationship keeps as if never happened (even BG recently did publish on Youtube some videos talking about their first albumg along with the earliest band members [for example Marcus Dork or Hans-Peter Frey from Lucifer's Heritage era] and Thomen was part of all those videos], and also Hansi will make back vocals for the first album of Thomen's new band, called Dawn of Amber).
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
29.03.2019 - 07:34
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Written by mikeprado30 on 29.03.2019 at 05:15

Well, their friends relationship keeps as if never happened (even BG recently did publish on Youtube some videos talking about their first albumg along with the earliest band members [for example Marcus Dork or Hans-Peter Frey from Lucifer's Heritage era] and Thomen was part of all those videos], and also Hansi will make back vocals for the first album of Thomen's new band, called Dawn of Amber).

Cool, I didn't know that. Then it might be possible. Thomen on a Demon & Wizards album would be amazing.
01.04.2019 - 00:20
Iceland_Norway
Now we can find for sure the full discography for Demons&Wizards
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir

Hits total: 1971 | This month: 5