Metal Storm logo
DevilDriver

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 08.06.2007 - 00:31
Heres a great band, MetalStorm classifies them as 'Thrash' I would exactly call them thrash but whatever youd classify them as there great. I used to hate this band until I saw them live, there show was so intense and they put on possibly the best mosh pit Id ever been in, since then Ive been a big fan. They also recently had there profile become active. What do you people think?
16.01.2008 - 20:26
Elegy
Anyone knows about the recent feud Dez is in? It's a feud between Dez and Venom frontman Cronos
(i think you wanna read this ^^)

He gives his reactions on the cancelled Venom/Devildriver tour

"Really bad and really fucking disappointing in the way that they reacted. Those are heroes of mine and what happened is they postponed their tour TWICE, and as soon as they called us back and said, 'Okay, NOW we're ready to go. Are you going to do the tour?' We said, 'Well no. We've already got Australia booked' and then they went on Sirius radio and said some extremely negative things about me and so now, if I ever see that fucking singer [Cronos], I don't care if he's a legend, I'm going to fucking grab him by the throat and teach him what responsibility is all about. You can put that in press. I hope it's everywhere right now because I owe that motherfucker a lashing. He's nothing but an old man that should have never said shit about DevilDriver because we waited. We put off TWO tours to tour with those guys and they kept putting their stuff back and putting their shit back because ticket sales weren't selling. They were saying that their Visas were being revoked and when they finally got some ticket sales going and some marketing happening, that's when they called us back for the tour and we already had plans. Then he said REALLY negative shit about me and my band, so fuck that dude! I don't care what a legend he is or thinks he is but when I see him, I'm fucking going to confront him physically. "That's really shitty, too. I mean not just on a professional level but on a personal level being, like you say, they were heroes of yours?" "Shitty dude!!! I'm wearing a Venom shirt right now while we're talking. Right now! And now I think everybody that just says they like Venom just wants to be fucking cool because the guy's a dickhead and I've only seen like two of those in twelve years, I swear to god. Everybody I've ever run into from, like we said, from Dave Mustaine to Philip Anselmo and to Ozzy have all been the most down to earth, cool guys. But that dude should have never fucking opened his mouth against me and my band. DevilDriver will take that band apart and he should just go?go fucking get a job at Wal-Mart because he's done."
16.01.2008 - 20:30
Existenzangst
Account deleted
i hate devildriver, but i hate venom the most in the entire metal scene, so good luck to devildriver! ^^
17.01.2008 - 21:53
Olli
Written by Elegy on 16.01.2008 at 20:26

Anyone knows about the recent feud Dez is in? It's a feud between Dez and Venom frontman Cronos

"Really bad and really fucking disappointing in the way that they reacted. Those are heroes of mine and what happened is they postponed their tour TWICE, and as soon as they called us back and said, 'Okay, NOW we're ready to go. Are you going to do the tour?' We said, 'Well no. We've already got Australia booked' and then they went on Sirius radio and said some extremely negative things about me and so now, if I ever see that fucking singer [Cronos], I don't care if he's a legend, I'm going to fucking grab him by the throat and teach him what responsibility is all about. You can put that in press. I hope it's everywhere right now because I owe that motherfucker a lashing. He's nothing but an old man that should have never said shit about DevilDriver because we waited. We put off TWO tours to tour with those guys and they kept putting their stuff back and putting their shit back because ticket sales weren't selling. They were saying that their Visas were being revoked and when they finally got some ticket sales going and some marketing happening, that's when they called us back for the tour and we already had plans. Then he said REALLY negative shit about me and my band, so fuck that dude! I don't care what a legend he is or thinks he is but when I see him, I'm fucking going to confront him physically. "That's really shitty, too. I mean not just on a professional level but on a personal level being, like you say, they were heroes of yours?" "Shitty dude!!! I'm wearing a Venom shirt right now while we're talking. Right now! And now I think everybody that just says they like Venom just wants to be fucking cool because the guy's a dickhead and I've only seen like two of those in twelve years, I swear to god. Everybody I've ever run into from, like we said, from Dave Mustaine to Philip Anselmo and to Ozzy have all been the most down to earth, cool guys. But that dude should have never fucking opened his mouth against me and my band. DevilDriver will take that band apart and he should just go?go fucking get a job at Wal-Mart because he's done."

Hmmm lets just hope Dez doesnt do a Varg and end up in prison
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
17.01.2008 - 22:10
Elegy
I don't think Dez would do something like that
(Never the less..you can't be shure )
18.01.2008 - 06:38
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Olli on 17.01.2008 at 21:53

Written by Elegy on 16.01.2008 at 20:26

Hmmm lets just hope Dez doesnt do a Varg and end up in prison

Lets hope that Cronos doesnt kill Dez. Kepp in mind Cronos is a big tough bodybuilder...old or not.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.01.2008 - 11:14
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Wow, I just noticed the organ solo at the end of 'The Axe Shall Fall', very cool addition to there music, never heard that in there music before.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.01.2008 - 10:42
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A six-minute interview with Dez Fafara conducted by RecCenter can be viewed at this location.
06.12.2008 - 16:00
thefadedline
I love devildriver. it's just good metal. don't try and pigeon-hole it into something.
----
Relax and let the seat take the battery
11.06.2009 - 02:08
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
So... new album Pay For Villain's been leaked for a couple of days now. What do you fans think? I've never listened to their old material before, so I can't make any comparisons really. As I don't listen to thrash often (only the latest Testament, latest Kreator and old Metallica), I still found the album okay i.e. something that won't be too hard to get into. The immediate thing I noticed about their music is the prominent drumming. Is it just me?

My fav track would be "Fate Stepped In" btw.
----
loves 小巫
22.08.2009 - 00:24
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Ag Fox on 11.06.2009 at 02:08

My fav track would be "Fate Stepped In" btw.

That was my fav track as well.. 17 tracks was a whole lot of songs for one album, and all with 3 or more minutes. It is a very good album, althou its hard to surpass their first work.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
20.01.2010 - 04:38
thewall30
Probably my favorite Devildriver song is Hold Back The Day, when I first heard that song it pretty much blew me away, I also like Self-Affliction from Pray For Villians, its a hell of a bonus track!
----
22.01.2010 - 19:44
I_Die_Often
Is Dez gonna bite Cronos in the kneecap?
He is a short little shit!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
08.02.2010 - 00:47
Scourge
I like Devildriver a lot. they play some heavy fast shit. m/ my favorite album is the Last Kind Words.
----
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and bitter...
25.09.2010 - 10:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Interview with Mike Spreitzer

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.09.2010 - 05:56
Yojimbo
I went to the Devildriver show in Denver... ...but I didn't actually stay to see them. My night was pretty much over once Kataklysm left the stage.