Metal Storm logo
Metal & Beer Fest 2020 - First Round Of Breweries And Bands Announced

Decibel Magazine's Metal & Beer Fest 2020 is taking shape for April 3rd and 4th at the Fillmore in Philadelphia, PA. The fourth round of the festival will feature key sets by some of metal's most famed bands. The first round of bands has just gone public and more acts are set to be announced in November.

Extreme metal legends Napalm Death will perform a special one-time-only set of exclusively Harmony Corruption and Utopia Banished songs, while Converge will play their metallic hardcore landmark album Jane Doe in its entirely for their first time ever in North America. If that wasn't enough, grinding heroes Pig Destroyer will help presenting sponsors Relapse Records celebrate their 30th anniversary with the first-ever performance of PD's game-changing record Prowler In The Yard.

This also marks the Metal & Beer Fest return of Norwegian black metal godfathers Mayhem, with first-time appearances from New Wave of British Heavy Metal heroes Satan, heavy metal revivalists Night Demon, quickly rising old-schoolers Haunt, New England doom lords Magic Circle and Seattle funeral doom crushers Un, who round out the first wave of bands on the bill with many more major acts to be announced in November.

The weekend's other vital component is totally covered via the world's most metal breweries. The beer lineup is again presented by Broken Goblet (PA) with an appearance from featured brewery Wake (IL). Three Floyds (IN), Hammerheart (MN), Tired Hands (PA), Adroit Theory (VA), Blake's Hard Cider (MI) and Yards (PA), will also be there, with nearly a dozen more attending breweries to be announced throughout November.

"We are excited to be back sponsoring Metal & Beer Fest 2020 in Philadelphia and partnering with Decibel to represent our city, our love of metal and our passion for beer," says Mike LaCouture, co-owner of Broken Goblet Brewing. "We've held the belief for several years that this is the best beer fest we've ever been a part of, and we can't wait to spend another weekend with several thousand metalheads who love craft beer."

Special discounted early-bird weekend "Metal & Beer" tickets, entitling attendees to pours from each of the attending breweries all weekend long, are on sale Friday at 10am EST here.

Source: metalblade.com
Posted: 16.10.2019 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 74 users
16.10.2019 - 23:13
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
God I wish
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
16.10.2019 - 23:28
nikarg
Staff
Written by RaduP on 16.10.2019 at 23:13

God I wish

I know...
17.10.2019 - 00:14
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by RaduP on 16.10.2019 at 23:13

God I wish

Same here...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
17.10.2019 - 00:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Interesting. Btw, love Decibel's book on extreme beers and pairing them to metal songs.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.10.2019 - 03:26
Necrodamus
I feel lucky to live in Philly. The lineups just keep getting better and better each year. Wouldn't miss this for the world.
17.10.2019 - 05:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
This hurt to read.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.10.2019 - 13:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Line up is 50 - 50 and sad its in USA.
USA craft beer is best, they take all best Europeain beer styles and add little % and spices, make beer ricjer in a paleth. europe needs learn that think,
Cigar City, Flying Dog, Founders, Sierra Nevada, Evil Twin, Wicked Weed, Hog River, Hopping Frog, Dogfish, Lost Abbey, Iron Spike, River City, Aragant Brievning, Stone, Alaska Brieving, Blackfoot River, Lazy Hitler, Wooden legs,
Just a little good things , in Europe Belgique is good whit traditional beers what are good, Scandi is goodm but not so rich taste, so USA dominates in craft beer, IPA, dubble IPA, trippel IPA, west coast ipa, new englands ipa, APA, imperial stout, portel, scotch ale, burly wine .... its awesome, and many craft brievers listens metal(not my king) but many does and craft beer is popular in metal world, even few our site users enjoys good craft beer, one is in the middle in small country near sea other lives in Andes but are from states, and imo gotthammerung works in Puhaste something
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.10.2019 - 16:11
The Witchfinder
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.10.2019 at 05:03

This hurt to read.

It looks like the cover of Primus' Sailing the Seas of Cheese.

That said, I would KILL to go to this.
17.10.2019 - 16:30
nikarg
Staff
Written by Guest on 17.10.2019 at 16:11

It looks like the cover of Primus' Sailing the Seas of Cheese.

Sublime album.
17.10.2019 - 21:34
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
What a fucking line up.

It's time to revisit these classics on Spotify. *clinks glass of milk*
23.10.2019 - 12:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 17.10.2019 at 21:34

What a fucking line up.

It's time to revisit these classics on Spotify. *clinks glass of milk*

Line in most US fest line uo us 50% good, but beers are 100% good, maybe 95% because I douybt we will see much shity lagers and pilseners, and berliner weisse and many under 5% beers
----

apos;'
[image]
17.12.2019 - 15:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Is hammerheart and Android theiry svslible in Europe, they are pure metal. First is pure oden and valhalla
----

apos;'
[image]

Hits total: 1528 | This month: 5