Metal Storm logo
Alanis Morissette

13.06.2007 - 21:55
Ernis
狼獾
Alanis Morissette is the Canadian singer I think everyone knows....She is the singer who stands firmly at her ideals and dares to create music which is easily recognizable for its original sound....the sound of her voice is, without any doubt, among the most impressive ones speaking of contemporary music....Alanis is also an interesting and strong personality who's never afraid to express her own opinion and who possesses a witty sense of humour. She has, for instance, criticized the modern music industry and has made fun of society and also pop music with her appearances in public and television. Her last most famous statement is so far the hilarious but at the same time beautiful spoof of the awful song by Black Eyed Peas "My Humps".
Alanis is a singer who stands in the category of her own, similar to Björk though less outrageous and representing other style of music.
This is the first reason I believe this singer deserves a thread in this subforum. The other reason is the fact that the search bar didn't give any results....
14.06.2007 - 20:34
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I like her music, haven't heard much of it though
And well, the facts posted above are quite interesting, I didn't know those things
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
14.06.2007 - 23:11
Ernis
狼獾
You can watch for instance her video of "My Humps" here on Youtube......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZw-8RSyvh8
Th singer of Black Eyed Peas, Fergie sent her an arse-shaped cake with a greeting "Alanis, you're a genius!" after seeing the video......
15.06.2007 - 11:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like her I like her music, voice an dideas in lyrics
Realy great singer and I wont say i know all albums but those what I know i like
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.06.2007 - 20:25
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Bad English on 15.06.2007 at 11:39

Realy great singer and I wont say i know all albums but those what I know i like

u like her sakis? that is so funny, cuz when i was like 15/16 she was my idol. I have all her albums until so called-chaos. I dont even know if she released anything after that. But i must say I always admired her courage, she wrote great songs and jagged little pill is an explosive rock album, a landmark in her carrier. With supposed infatuation junkie she got more experimental which I appreciate, she dare to do it. The mtv unplugged sounded really well, emotional music fit well in the acoustic versions. From then on I think she changed in a way I couldnt listen to it anymore, at least not with my heart as I did before. I stopped listening to her and lost my interest from that point. i still listen to her "oldies" once in a while.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
15.06.2007 - 20:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 15.06.2007 at 20:25

u like her sakis? that is so funny, cuz when i was like 15/16 she was my idol. I have all her albums until so called-chaos. I dont even know if she released anything after that. But i must say I always admired her courage, she wrote great songs and jagged little pill is an explosive rock album, a landmark in her carrier. With supposed infatuation junkie she got more experimental which I appreciate, she dare to do it. The mtv unplugged sounded really well, emotional music fit well in the acoustic versions. From then on I think she changed in a way I couldnt listen to it anymore, at least not with my heart as I did before. I stopped listening to her and lost my interest from that point. i still listen to her "oldies" once in a while.

I woud say I like about 90% her albums and works so its emetional and lil somehow depresive music if you try to look lyrics and imaginae you do your self what she wrote in that case its depresive but its lile like sunshine if some radio station plays her music and I gavt hear nothing from her so long
----

apos;'
[image]
15.06.2007 - 22:17
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Bad English on 15.06.2007 at 20:32

Written by BloodTears on 15.06.2007 at 20:25

I woud say I like about 90% her albums and works so its emetional and lil somehow depresive music if you try to look lyrics and imaginae you do your self what she wrote in that case its depresive but its lile like sunshine if some radio station plays her music and I gavt hear nothing from her so long

she is so intelligent. so creative in her writings. Besides, i think u feel a certain rage in her voice, honest rage which i like.
----

My Instagram
16.06.2007 - 19:48
Ernis
狼獾
I wouldn't say that her music is depressive....it isn't...it may leave such impression but actually she is singing about life the way it is...about all good and bad sides...and I do like that she is neutral when singing about negative or sad things....neutral or even joking...She makes fun more or less about life and the hardships....always keeping the positive attitude.....
I definitely agree that she is a very daring singer....she may be disliked by some because of that but I honestly think that she deserves a lot of respect....she is one of the few names in modern music who actually doesn't care about media coverage or popularity....I know she hasn't released much new material...I remember she made a video for a cover of an older song "Crazy"...and well...the most recent thing concerning Fergie and her song "My Humps"....Alanis made a very beautiful ballade of it but retaining the original lyrics thus showing actually how stupid lyrics in pop music can really be....
About the rage in her voice....I don't know whether to call it rage but she does sing fiercely in some places and that's what makes her music special....it's good....
17.06.2007 - 09:49
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
My Girlfriend listens to Alanis Morsette. I don't know much by her, but she claims that she appearently sings songs that remind her of our relationship
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
18.06.2007 - 21:22
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Arian Totalis on 17.06.2007 at 09:49

My Girlfriend listens to Alanis Morsette. I don't know much by her, but she claims that she appearently sings songs that remind her of our relationship

Alanis's songs are about everything....you can even understand the meaning of one particular songs in different ways if you want....
07.07.2007 - 16:55
Maydeen
Account deleted
I absolutely love Alanis! I usually hav e a thing for women in pop/rock in general, such as her, Poe, Fiona Apple, Nerina Pallot, Garbage etc....but anyway...she has the craziest lyrics, but always coherent somehow...
Reading the booklets of her albums I have always learned tons of words and expressions in English...even though I still don't undertsand some stuff (dangling carrots anyone?)...
She has always amazed me and I love the fact that she has no problem in sharing her sense of humor. Have any of you guys seen her in doing a sketch on madtv? She's not THE greatest actress, but it was very nice to watch nonetheless...;)
07.07.2007 - 18:33
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 07.07.2007 at 16:55

I absolutely love Alanis! I usually hav e a thing for women in pop/rock in general, such as her, Poe, Fiona Apple, Nerina Pallot, Garbage etc....but anyway...she has the craziest lyrics, but always coherent somehow...
Reading the booklets of her albums I have always learned tons of words and expressions in English...even though I still don't undertsand some stuff (dangling carrots anyone?)...
She has always amazed me and I love the fact that she has no problem in sharing her sense of humor. Have any of you guys seen her in doing a sketch on madtv? She's not THE greatest actress, but it was very nice to watch nonetheless...;)

Dangling carrots are carrots which dangle....you may also think dirty...to the left....
I know her sketches and these are always hilarious and there's always truth in her jokes....
Here's a video which shows us a typical day in Alanis's life...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm8RKz7PWFY "Call me Mandy! Call me Mandy!"
08.07.2007 - 11:41
mansonnette
Account deleted
I saw her concert in 2000 in Vilar de Mouros Festival. I liked a lot. I like her music.
12.07.2007 - 19:36
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Ahah how curious, I have that concert on tape, it was good yes.
----

My Instagram
13.07.2007 - 11:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 12.07.2007 at 19:36

She is good poet, does she inspirate somehow you into your peotry?
----

apos;'
[image]
13.07.2007 - 13:20
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Bad English on 13.07.2007 at 11:01

Thats a good question. Well, I dont think she inspires me that much to be honest, but her frankness certainly interests me. Besides I developed my writings, when I listened to her all I wrote was infantile trash
----

My Instagram
13.07.2007 - 13:22
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite

Thats a good question. Well, I dont think she inspires me that much to be honest, but her frankness certainly interests me. Besides I developed my writings, when I listened to her all I wrote was infantile trash
----

My Instagram
13.07.2007 - 13:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 13.07.2007 at 13:22

Same her I love her texts but I feel all thinks diferent and express my self diferent
----

apos;'
[image]
13.07.2007 - 19:21
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Bad English on 13.07.2007 at 13:24

Written by BloodTears on 13.07.2007 at 13:22

Same her I love her texts but I feel all thinks diferent and express my self diferent

Yes I understand u perfectly. Do u have any poet/writer that is an influence on your writings though?
----

My Instagram
13.07.2007 - 19:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 13.07.2007 at 19:21

Yes I understand u perfectly. Do u have any poet/writer that is an influence on your writings though?

Ok I answer it here
Nop I havnt but its moistly early deahh/doom and early doom metal bands and mid 90ties melo death bands also times when hair was long real jeans and letter jackets was weared ewery matlhead and when no i-net was seems ppl know about metal more how now hehhe band slike old Paradise Lost, Katatonia, ETOS, Gates of Isthar, Empyrium and meny more if you understand what I mean I talk about time when band members was young and hasnt find them selfs, hasnt find LOVE ...

Alos I had diferent inspirations, nature, fantasies, animals, sadness, shades, ewery think what is natural and comes from past, I hate future
----

apos;'
[image]
14.07.2007 - 23:29
darksun
I always liked her.She is one of the most admirable singers in the world.When i listened to My Humps cover thanks to Frodo Of Steel i once fall in love with her and her awesome intelligence.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
17.07.2007 - 04:29
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
I do listen to Alanis from time to time, mainly because my girlfriend loves her music, and always tell me to listen a few songs (which I quite enjoy) I think she is a tallented singer, that greates pretty good music, something that nowdays is rare (outside of the metal world of course!)
----
21.07.2007 - 09:52
Joey Jo Jo
Piece of shit
Just a Tori Amos rip off. Without a fraction of the creativity and cool quirkiness. I guess doing a solemn-toned cover of a ridiculous pop song is pure genius if.... no, it's not pure genius at all. She has to be one of the most pretentious and overrated mainstream artists of the 90s (that's a big feat btw).

Here's a cover of Raining Blood Tori Amos in a much better way that Alanis Morrisette did of My Humps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6yYw3tdgyM

C'mon people, credit where credit is due.
----
"If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys."
- Orson Welles
23.07.2007 - 20:08
Ernis
狼獾
I don't compare Tori Amos with Alanis....for me they are different and have different voices and styles....I prefer Alanis to Tori...sadly, I do...

It's your taste, however....if you like Tori more then it's fine....
24.07.2007 - 05:33
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
That Raining Blood thing was fantastic...I never knew that she did stuff like that...I have that much more respect for her now...
27.07.2007 - 02:15
Maydeen
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 07.07.2007 at 18:33

Dangling carrots are carrots which dangle....you may also think dirty...to the left....

Pervert! That didn't even cross my mind...
By the way, loved the video! Very entertaining...
27.07.2007 - 20:19
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 27.07.2007 at 02:15

Written by Ernis on 07.07.2007 at 18:33

Pervert! That didn't even cross my mind...
By the way, loved the video! Very entertaining...

I'm not a pervert....seriously...I amn't....I'm very strict and decent....I was simply influenced by people who think like that....
you know...You Learn.....
28.08.2007 - 12:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by darksun on 14.07.2007 at 23:29

I always liked her.She is one of the most admirable singers in the world.When i listened to My Humps cover thanks to Frodo Of Steel i once fall in love with her and her awesome intelligence.

About inteligence, does someone knows what she do in free tiem, what boocks read, and so on...
----

apos;'
[image]
30.11.2008 - 17:45
Elio
Red Nightmare
Wow, a thread about Alanis Morissette. I don't say I like her, but at least she's enjoyable, some songs are good
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
01.12.2008 - 04:34
Black Mass
Love Alanis! No other song says "you're a fucking prick" quite like 'You Oughta Know.' Its been my theme song for the past month.