Poll

Which Band Was A Bigger Influence To Thrash

Sodom
Destruction

Total votes: 83
16.06.2007 - 14:16
orathac
Account deleted
The only reason i make that poll its because they sound similar to me and they are active similar years (1983 - present) they are both a great thrash idols and ifluence. I believe Destruction was bigger infuence to Thrash metal and has a great history and i enjoy them more than sodom so i vote for them not that Sodom wasn't a huge influence to thrash but as how i see Destruction changed thrash. so what do you think?which band was bigger influence to Thrash Metal. i w8 for your replys.
16.06.2007 - 15:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well I woud vote for sodom because i like them more about Destruction I like maybe only firts album, otherwise band are lil overated specely leither albums but Sodom kick ass whole 80ties and one song, Fuck the Police' its classic
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.06.2007 - 15:11
orathac
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 16.06.2007 at 15:06

Well I woud vote for sodom because i like them more about Destruction I like maybe only firts album, otherwise band are lil overated specely leither albums but Sodom kick ass whole 80ties and one song, Fuck the Police' its classic

sodom for me is a great band and i respect them. albums Persecution Mania and Agent Orange are totally awesome and i listen to them all the time but i believe Destruction was bigger influence
16.06.2007 - 20:38
Infurnace
Sodom is a really great band, and a great influence to the nowadays Thrash Metal-scene, but I have to go for Destruction, because I, personally, like them a little bit more than Sodom. I can't really say which one of these bands is a bigger influence, but my vote is not based on the influence. It is based on how much I like each band, so my vote goes to Destruction.
16.06.2007 - 21:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 16.06.2007 at 15:11

Written by Bad English on 16.06.2007 at 15:06

sodom for me is a great band and i respect them. albums Persecution Mania and Agent Orange are totally awesome and i listen to them all the time but i believe Destruction was bigger influence

I dont agree man about it IMO Sodom name are bigger in metal world like is ay Destruction criate one good album ist first but others ist not like it shood be in that case Venom and Bulldozer has better influences
----

apos;'
[image]
17.06.2007 - 00:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
How are we supposed to know who the biggest influence is? This is just going to turn into who likes which band more.
17.06.2007 - 01:04
Goat
Account deleted
Sodom is a better band, and I don't believe one has more influence than the other, since Teutonic Thrash is basically one main influence on the genre (this is combining all oldschool teutonic thrash bands; Sodom, Destruction, Kreator...). I voted for sodom though pretty much cause they just kick ass.
17.06.2007 - 01:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dangerboner on 17.06.2007 at 00:52

How are we supposed to know who the biggest influence is? This is just going to turn into who likes which band more.

I agree man i agree but thats how moust of polls/treads are
----

apos;'
[image]
17.06.2007 - 01:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Bad English on 17.06.2007 at 01:04

uh no, most of the polls are about which musician/band you like more.
17.06.2007 - 13:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dangerboner on 17.06.2007 at 01:26

but moust ppl vote for those who like moust
----

apos;'
[image]
26.06.2007 - 16:49
orathac
Account deleted
well actually if i wouldnt say who is the biggest infuence they wouldnt let me post this pole....
26.06.2007 - 18:47
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
SODOM.

Both are great but Sodom owns both black and thrash metal !!
26.06.2007 - 22:30
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Guest on 26.06.2007 at 16:49

well actually if i wouldnt say who is the biggest infuence they wouldnt let me post this pole....

Wrong. That was the only piece of argument you came up with to justify your choice so we had to do with it.
Sorry, that's an off-topic and not very pleasant thing to say but if people cared about reading the rules of the Arena, I shouldn't even have to post that.

As for the topic, I don't really know those two bands, but if you want the point of view of someone who doesn't really like German thrash and know little about it, I'd still say Sodom is more famous than Destruction, hence, they're more likely to have influenced other bands.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
27.06.2007 - 05:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Bad English on 17.06.2007 at 13:14

Written by Dangerboner on 17.06.2007 at 01:26

but moust ppl vote for those who like moust

^^^that's what I already said in my first post!
29.06.2007 - 14:51
Eternal Flame
Account deleted
Sodom!!! Agent Orange!!!
27.07.2007 - 19:17
Thrash666
I have always been more into Sodom than Destruction. Sodom is a fuckin amazing band. Agent Orange is in my opinion one of the best metal records of all time. I love Destruction and I think they kick fuckin ass too but Sodom got my vote. And as for influence, they both were huge influences on the metal scene and it would be hard to choose one over the other as a bigger influence. So Sodom gets my vote but Destruction is still a fuckin kick ass band.......THRASH TILL DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
06.08.2007 - 19:53
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Destruction were better! Sodom to me was not impressive musically. Destruction is more heard ov and talked about more so I'd say they had the bigger influence on German Thrash I guess.

07.08.2007 - 18:14
Infurnace
Destruction is pretty much better than Sodom. Destruction's performance on Wacken was a lot more spectacular and better than the performance of Sodom.
10.08.2007 - 06:46
selken
Irreligious
Destruction kick ass, but Sodom kick more, IMO they represent the pure spirit of the 80's thrash, the agression, the punk influence and the hate.
----
17.08.2007 - 05:54
Murder
Both bands are fucking awesomeee and I like them ... but I vote for Destruction 'cause I think they're a bigger influence than Sodom... well... Destruction is my fav Thrash Metal band... that's my another reason to vote for them ;D

Hail German Thrash Metal!!!!
17.08.2007 - 16:43
APOHAKC
The Bard
I listened to both bands when I was much younger, and in that time I preferred Sodom. Better of Dead is awesome album. But now, I can't stand Sodom (except that one album), and I like to hear something from Destruction, Infernal Overkill, or Antichrist. I voted for Destruction this time, their music is better, their shows are better and, they are cooler guys than Tom.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
27.08.2007 - 02:28
Ellie
Account deleted
My vote goes to Sodom. I have listened to both bands for a long time. I have also seen both bands live a couple of times. Sodom seems to have much more of a presence in their music and on stage. Anyways Sodom is more solid. Both have done so much for the scene though.
31.08.2007 - 10:26
Anton Alcolust
argh ! i love the 2 bands ! they are both Thrash metal killers ! but my vote goes to Sodom 'cause i think they have a bigger influence in the metal scene than Destruction . I saw the 2 band on stage and both fucking kick ass !
----
A.M.S.G.
05.03.2008 - 20:21
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
I don't really now, but I would guess that it is Destruction with the more influence for THRASH metal in particular. Sodom inspired more of Black metallist and I also consider them less thrashy ( I don't like so much black metal yet, yet I still prefer Sodom )
09.03.2008 - 13:24
Baz Anderson
Staff
wow now this is a close poll.
I have seen both bands live, but I have seen Destruction once more that I have Sodom - and my vote goes for Destruction, maybe because of that - but I don't know
Destruction seem more double bass oriented to me as apposed to Sodom, I am more familliar with the Destruction albums also - there must be some reason for that, therefore I must like Destruction more!
11.03.2008 - 15:25
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Sodom but not by heaps. Destruction still kick ass
09.04.2008 - 20:29
Martin_metal
I think Destruction Influence thrash more, but Sodom Influence black, death and thrash.
02.03.2009 - 08:44
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Sodom for me, overall I just find they have a far more powerful sound.

Who was more influencial? How the fuck am I supposed to know?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.05.2009 - 05:52
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
I think Sodom was the bigger influence but Destruction should have taken that crown instead.
----
02.05.2009 - 08:42
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

What? You weren't living in Germany in the 80's? You fucking n00b!
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin