Metal Storm logo
Orphaned Land

28.05.2006 - 11:07
#~|CoP Return|~#
Account deleted
I'm amazed that anybody has created a topic for that awesome band coming from Israel.

They began their career with the album 'Sahara'

Then two years later released another album called El Norra Allila

Then a big blank ... 7 years of questions then finally hard work paid out and they released their masterpiece IMO called Mabool

They play some sort of Prog/death/folk which is a blessing for the ears... I'm especially a big fan of their last album which is for me one of the best albums of these past ten years... They may have waited long to release but man that was worth it... Well I won't extend too long let's see what you think about them too
28.05.2006 - 13:45
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
I love their music too : the way they blend languages, cultures, eastern instruments and metal is simply awesome!! "Mabool" is a concept album full of wisdom, and it is my favourite album by them too. My favourite songs must be "Ocean Land" and "the Storm still Rages", but the whole album is actually so great that I usually listen to it entirely, not to separate songs.
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
28.05.2006 - 14:33
Ridden Disease
Account deleted
What a band...Great music.
I love mabool, a masterpieace.

@Sekhmet
I wish I had a mental kit too...
28.05.2006 - 14:46
okt31
Account deleted
yes, Mabool is a masterpiece.. I love the solo in Ocean Land, but all the album is faultless.. Big thumb up for these Israeli guys!!
28.05.2006 - 17:46
Danielazo
Account deleted
They're one of my favourite band, I mlove all their albums... Sahara is incredibly fresh... it's still very innocent in some way compared to the later stuff, but it's fuckin' beautiful, and the folkish drumming is out of this world.... I would dei for seeing "The Beloved's Cry" live... Then well, El Norra Alila is their best effort, one of the most original Metal albums ever, every song is unique and beatiful, the musicianship is perfect and I hace not any complaint against it... Mabool is tbeir only album that had been hard for me to get into, but it's also incredibly good...

Orphaned Land is one of those bands that stand stong HIGH abolve the average.
29.05.2006 - 03:01
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I had wanted to check these guys out for awhile after hearing such good things and I finally got that chance.I must say I was quite dissapointed.I am not saying these guys are bad as they are pretty good.I believe I had too high of expectations for this band.That is quite possibly the only reason I was let down.All in all a very talented band that maybe will grow on me.
15.06.2006 - 13:53
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
an extremely good band, i love how they blend eastern folkmusic with metal, especially since eastern folkmetal is something which is very seldom, a shame i couldnt see them when they were here with ensiferum
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
15.06.2006 - 17:48
Daru Jericho
They've got skill., esepcially Avi Diamond the drummer ~ he's brilliant. However, the vocals considerably deter me from this band.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

17.06.2006 - 05:36
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Daru Jericho on 15.06.2006 at 17:48

They've got skill., esepcially Avi Diamond the drummer ~ he's brilliant. However, the vocals considerably deter me from this band.

yeap... this band has the most original drumming on earth, specially on "El Norra Alila"... a perfect tribal-like drumming.
17.06.2006 - 05:41
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I have only got Mabool, i need to hear more, i see them live at Wacken though!
17.06.2006 - 23:27
CrematorY
Account deleted
Great band! Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! i really adore their song Find Yourself, Discover God from the album El Norra Alila i think its my favorite album....
20.06.2006 - 07:56
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Dark Cornatus on 17.06.2006 at 05:41

I have only got Mabool, i need to hear more, i see them live at Wacken though!

you NEED to hear more... I can't really understand how so much atention over Mabool, as it's extraordinary but the "worst" of their discography... El Norra Alila is the most original album I know.

EDIT: And I think is refreshing to see a Metal album with religious lyrics... El Norra Alila is mystic!
20.06.2006 - 08:18
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Yeh, its the only one ive found though... it wasnt on purpose that i got it first.
I will definatly look into others after my trip.
21.06.2006 - 18:48
Sage
Account deleted
Didn't hear Mabool yet, Sahara & El Norra Alila are amazing albums. I hope to catch the live once.
27.06.2006 - 09:07
Endoftherainbow
I became intrested in this band when I read on the Porcupine Tree website that Steven Wilson was going to be producing their next album, I figured if he's producing one of their albums they have to be worth checking out especially when he said they were one of the most unique metal bands out there. So the first thing I did was go and try to find some music by them and I found Mabool and it was one of the best albums I have heard in a long time. I love how they blend Folk, Prog, and Death Metal together so nicely. My favorite thing about this band is how the incorperate instruments native to their country as well as topics such as Religion in their lyrics it's not often you find a band that does those kinds of things. I want to get another on of their albums can someone suggest to me which is the best one for me to check out or suggest me the heaviest of their albums.
21.07.2006 - 03:00
Surtur
Orphaned Land is an awesome band, great mix between Death and Folk, every disc is marvelous but sincerely I prefer "El norra alila" every song is fantastic...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
23.07.2006 - 21:16
GRIGAL
Account deleted
I agree with CrematorY that 'Find Yourself, Discover God' is an incredible song.
Personally "Mabool....." is an album I never get tired of listening to, I'm always discovering something new with every listen. For example, listen to the title-track of "Mabool...", when God sends the flood to destroy the evil Earth.....you can hear the rain falling and in the background you can also hear a violin playing while the Earth is being flooded.....isn't this reminiscent of Roman Emperor Nero who played his violin while Rome burned to the ground?
24.09.2006 - 11:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like this band but some time I can not lisiten them, why?
I dunno, I realy like old albums of band specely firts album
Alos its great that thay write lyrics in english and hebrev lnguage and maybhe arab, Im nots hore bout it, it if I listen those songs in non ebglish its so great, and also I had wierd fieling when I watching videos I miss Mediterainia
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.09.2006 - 15:33
#~|CoP|~#
Account deleted
Man, its been a while since I went to their official website, fuck they've recieved packages of P.R.S guitars the best guitars on earth! For people who don't know those are the guitars of bands like Opeth or Porcupine tree and artists like Santana!

Their can only be better with those guitar I can't wait to hear it!
24.09.2006 - 20:46
okt31
Account deleted
I saw them live for about 2 months ago and they kicked ass. They were as powerful as on CD. Really, they are marvellous live. Check them out if you can, any of you!
26.09.2006 - 20:43
Veeken
Account deleted
They are a very good band. The only album i have is mabool also. My fav. song is the first track, "Birth of the three." Very cool riff. I'm not really sure what their vocals are about? Does anyone have any idea? I can tell alot of it has to do with judiesm and islam. Just curious. Can't wait to hear their new album.
28.09.2006 - 01:43
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Seems like the new album will be conceptual, about a Jewish religious day... I can't wait to hear it, this happen to be the most mystical Metal band on Earth, although I personally prefer much more their first two albums to Mabool.
11.07.2007 - 13:45
Mindheist
No Longer Human
You can see photos from Orphaned Land's July 6, 2007 performance in Lisbon, Portugal at this location.
11.07.2007 - 17:34
APOHAKC
The Bard
AWesome band, altough I own only one album I really like their style. Fantastic music

@Excalibur - Thanx for pics
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
11.07.2007 - 21:59
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
This band started in 1991, they released two works "Sahara" in 1994 and "El Norra Alila" in 1996, later they split-up. In 2003 they met again and released the ep "The Calm Before the Flood" in 2004 and the album "Mabool", more oriented to Folk Metal. The Lyrics speak of religions about the Abrahamic Religions as Christianity, Judaism and Islam that she makes a band characteristic of the middle east.
12.07.2007 - 15:23
Sunioj

I heard that...actually Avi Diamond gives one of my friends private drumming lessons, and from what I hear he is very skilled not just in the area of metal and oriental styled drumming but is a very seasoned musician in jazz etc.
14.07.2007 - 22:47
MaidenVarius
Account deleted

I completely agree with that! The vocals also deter me from this band!
14.07.2007 - 23:16
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I love them. Particularly their "Mabool" and "el norra alila". They have an interesting mix of intruments and voices. They played here recently.

I love the folk they add in their songs and the female singer is brilliant as well.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
14.07.2007 - 23:21
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 14.07.2007 at 23:16

I love them. Particularly their "Mabool" and "el norra alila". They have an interesting mix of intruments and voices. They played here recently.

I love the folk they add in their songs and the female singer is brilliant as well.

I really love folk music but for some reason the vocals were still the major reason I decided not to get into these guys. Your post has interested me again in these guys, are there any songs you could recommend me?
15.07.2007 - 17:11
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Guest on 14.07.2007 at 23:21

Written by BloodTears on 14.07.2007 at 23:16

I really love folk music but for some reason the vocals were still the major reason I decided not to get into these guys. Your post has interested me again in these guys, are there any songs you could recommend me?

Really, u dont like the vocals? Amazing how opinions can vary so much.

As far as song that I recommend, ill start by the Mabool album: "Birth Of The Three (The Unification)", inevitably because the mix there works perfect, then "A'salk" (stunning if you like the female voice as i do), "Building the Ark", "the calm before the flood" if you enjoy a good skill on the acoustic guitar and, lastly, "halo dies (the wrath of god)". The instrumental "rainbow (the ressurection) also worths a listen. But I guess I'm biased, the whole album is good.

I should say pay attention to their lyrics, some of them are really good, and from what a friend of mine told me, the lyrics in "Mabool" tell the story of Israel, their country, I dont know if that is true though but it sounds interesting enough.

About "el norra alila", the folk elements are always there also. Good start with "find your self, discover god", definately "like fire to water" (great lyrics, great riffs, good vocals in my opinion), "neverending way" and "flawless believe", "El Meod Na'Ala". All the instrumentals are good there as well.

I would also recommend the song "the beloved's cry" from the EP with the same name or the "sahara" album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram