Metal Storm logo
The Best Horror Movies Of All Time

30.06.2007 - 03:25
Herzebeth
Well I've been buying DVD's lately, I'm proud to have such classics as Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Dead Alive...but I was wondering which movies are in your top 5 or top 10...any Horror movie dudes, it doesn't matter if it's zombies, ghosts, monsters or slahers

My top 5 goes more o less like this:

#5: Cabin Fever (I just can't get enough of watching stupid kids spreading a flesh eating disease, yeah it's way in the line of Evil Dead but it's just too cool and the girls have great boobs)

#4: Day Of The Dead (Romero's third installment in his trilogy, a great piece actually, the last scene is just sickening)

#3: Dawn Of The Dead (Damn it...it's just...amazing)

#2: Dead Alive: (Peter Jackson did this? god damn it he was a gory motherfucker...the goriest film I've ever seen)

#1: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (The master of Slasher films)

There are other good films I love, some of them are still on my "to buy list" and on my "please stop renting them or you'll end up begging for money in the streeths"

-Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer (Damn, this is chilling)
-Suspiria (Masterpiece)
-The Night Of The Living Dead
-Evil Dead
-Curtains

some others...which ones are your favorites
----
30.06.2007 - 09:36
Torture Killer
Account deleted
1.Nightmare on Elm Street-there are some pretty fucked up scenes in that movie

2.The Texas Chainsaw Massacre-A classic horror film and the remake wasn't half bad either

3.Seven-Not a hooror movie but probably the best thriller I have ever seen

4.Dawn Of The Dead-What is there to say but....Classic

5.Night of The living Dead-Nothing like a zombie slaughter
30.06.2007 - 10:02
Ernis
狼獾
I have several horror films I like but it's difficult for me to put them in a row....well...for example a grand film is "Snow White, A Tale Of Terror", a grand Japanese film "Kairo", without any doubt the "Ring" films.....I can't recall at this very moment any more particular films I have enjoyed....
30.06.2007 - 13:28
Basso
Account deleted
1. David Lynchs Eraserhead (More avantgard than actual horror but without doubt the scariest movie I have ever seen)

2. John Carpenters The Thing (Now this movie isnt really scary, but the plot, the characthers and all together makes this an unforgettable experiance, probable the horror movie I have seen the most and I like the most as a viewing experiance)

3. Bad Taste (The best movie hands down to peter jacksson, all I can say is go back to your roots!)

4. Braindead (aka Dead Alive, once again a peter jacksson masterpiece)

5. Evil Dead 2 (All I can say is BRUCE CAMPBELL, probably the most charismatic actor of all time)

Honorable mentions:

Fulci's ZOMBIE (The meaning of the word classic)

Ôdision (awseome psychological horror movie from Japan, by master director Miike)

Alien 1-2 (Nostalgic values...)

Everything by Buttgereit... (Nekromantik 1-2, Der Todesking etc)

Suspiria (quite possibly the most tastefull usage of colors ever in a movie, brilliant)
30.06.2007 - 15:34
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
hmmm it0s very hard to say which one is best, or my fav but thr's planty horror movie i don't know names, some very good Japanes movies i think they best horror movie makers,
i don't like those american horror whrs almost always same story, few teenagers lost in some road and then someone starts killing,
The Devil's Rejects is very good one

and im still searching for some cult horror night of living dead and some otehr, also searhicn for dani filth's movie i think this could be very brutal horror movie
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
30.06.2007 - 15:55
APOHAKC
The Bard
Argh, I hate those stupid splatter mouvies lol
Omen is pretty good, probably my all times favorite!
I am not sure did you meant funny horror mouvies or horror mouvies but I prefer low budget American sub-Hoolywood mouvies
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
30.06.2007 - 16:11
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
the only movie, that ever got me scared was Deep Rising...all other i have saw (and there was a lot of them) was just funny (in the better case) or stupid (most of them)...Deep Rising was quite stupid too, but the athmosphere was really dreadful for me (but it is a couple of years ago i've seen it and i was youger that time...)

and there was one more outstnading movie - i dont know if it can be called horror, it's maybe more likely "just" thriller (but in our country ranked as "horror" too) - and it is The Devil's Advocate with Keanu Reaves and Al Pacino...i rank this movie high not only because of apperance of real and skilled actors and for good visual effects (the money of Hollywood "a-class" movie makes a lot ) but also for the plot and for the surprising unpredictable (at least for me) conclusion
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

30.06.2007 - 17:43
Ernis
狼獾
I remember I once saw "Return of the Living Dead III" or something....my, this film was so fucking hilarious....there were like bunch of punk teens(plus one Michael Jackson look-alike) running from zombies who shouted "BRAINS! BRAINS! BRAINS!"
The music was some merry 80ies disco/pop/rock and the whole arrangement was deliberately presented as comedy....best quotes were:
Zombie: "BRAINS!!"
teens: ""
Zombie(after eating one teen's brains): "MORE BRAINS!"
teens: "SQUEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!"

Zombie into the telephone of medicine car(after eating the brains of all paramedics): "Send....more....paramedics!!"
30.06.2007 - 19:38
Herzebeth
oh yeah I remember that movie, there are some cool scenes, and there are boobs yeeey! actually, a horror movie without boobs is not a good horror movie lol (remember what people said about Cemetery Man? "It's only good when you watch the sex parts")

@Basso: I did watch Nekromantik, but I didn't like it...it was seriously like...boring, the only horrific thing was when the bitch left and took the corpse with her, that's it
----
30.06.2007 - 19:59
Warman
Erotic Stains
This is a very important question. I gotta think a long time before making my final list. You all can at least be sure that the Evil Dead trilogy and Night of the Living Dead will be featured on it
----
30.06.2007 - 20:32
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Herzebeth on 30.06.2007 at 19:38

oh yeah I remember that movie, there are some cool scenes, and there are boobs yeeey! actually, a horror movie without boobs is not a good horror movie lol (remember what people said about Cemetery Man? "It's only good when you watch the sex parts")

Well, you may see naked Heather Matarazzo and her boobs and buttocks(unless she used a body double) in Hostel 2....and Elisabeth Báthory slicing her with scythes and rubbing her own boobs with the blood(in order to make them bigger?).....breasts were pretty...but in this context it was disturbing.....
30.06.2007 - 23:05
Deus Ex Machina
Written by EddieGunner on 30.06.2007 at 15:34
searhicn for dani filth's movie i think this could be very brutal horror movie

LOL,yeah.Dani Filth.Brutal horror movie.Right.XD
I have that movie on CD somewhere.I actually kind of love it cause of the crappy effects XDDD

Waaah,this is frustrating.I can't say my favorite cause i saw so damn many.And most of the best ones were indeed japanese.
One good american horror movie i can remember this minute is "In the mouth of madness"
I'd recommend it.
And as funny as it sounds what left the most impression on me were John Carpenter's Halloween films.And that's simply because i watched all that as a kid and couldn't stop watching.So now Michael Myers is like...the number 1. evil in my mind lol.So anyway..the only reason i was really impressed is cause i saw it as a kid and i was easy to scare then
But then i saw newer sequels like Halloween H20,and all that.Didn't like it much.
01.07.2007 - 00:14
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@Deus Ex Machina
yeah it is brutal at least what i could see on some trailers and yeah i find it's on download now at friends cyber caffe he hee
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
01.07.2007 - 01:55
Herzebeth
I want to see that movie called Cannibal, it came out in 2005, anybody has seen it? about that guy who answers an add and gets eaten? sounds interesting
----
01.07.2007 - 02:18
Basso
Account deleted

@Basso: I did watch Nekromantik, but I didn't like it...it was seriously like...boring, the only horrific thing was when the bitch left and took the corpse with her, that's it

DUDE THE END OF NEKROMANTIK ONE IS TIMELESS The end is just over the top, its just disgusting and brilliant and funny at the same time...

Written by Herzebeth on 01.07.2007 at 01:55

I want to see that movie called Cannibal, it came out in 2005, anybody has seen it? about that guy who answers an add and gets eaten? sounds interesting

I have it on my computer, and have seen it.. Dude get ready for some harsh stuff...Its harshness is kind of in the vein of Salo though so I suppose YOU wont get to disturbed. Oh and expect to be grossed out, if not by the actual gore (involving mainly the "private parts") you WILL be grossed out by the MANY explict sex scenes by the 2 main characters, oh and yes they are both males.. There is this very fresh scene of the Cannibal biting the Meals eum thing.... Im to young for this stuff... geez
01.07.2007 - 03:28
Ernis
狼獾
I'm a bit in a trouble...I knew I once read about a film which spoke of a man who took his wife and children on a Christmas vacation...as they were driving in their car they wished to reach the grandparents' house faster and took a shortcut through a forest or something...soon they noticed that the road goes ever on and on and seems to be endless....then they met some weird white woman lurking in the woods and things like that....the main idea of the film was that the road was endless....it didn't have any end and they were driving there forever.....can anyone here help me remind the title?
01.07.2007 - 06:06
Deus Ex Machina
Written by Ernis on 01.07.2007 at 03:28
can anyone here help me remind the title?

Sure can.The movie is called Dead end.It's a reeeaaallly cool movie,and i can't forget it because that one guy i totally hate plays in it and who'd forget that stupid face
01.07.2007 - 15:10
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Deus Ex Machina on 01.07.2007 at 06:06

Written by Ernis on 01.07.2007 at 03:28
can anyone here help me remind the title?

Sure can.The movie is called Dead end.It's a reeeaaallly cool movie,and i can't forget it because that one guy i totally hate plays in it and who'd forget that stupid face

Thanks a lot...I am definitely planning to see this film....the plot seems awesome...I looked it up in the IMDb and I saw that Ray Wise(he played in Twin Peaks and Cyxork7) is playing the father....my...well...another thing....has anyone of you seen "Begotten"? It's a black and white silent film with a very surreal plot and disturbing images......
01.07.2007 - 15:22
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 01.07.2007 at 15:10

well...another thing....has anyone of you seen "Begotten"? It's a black and white silent film with a very surreal plot and disturbing images......

Yes its an intressting avant-garde movie. Rather disturbing, yet facinating, I dare say its like a movie version of Sunn O))) Its slow and droning and very hypnotic...
02.07.2007 - 20:14
Herzebeth
Written by Guest on 01.07.2007 at 02:18

DUDE THE END OF NEKROMANTIK ONE IS TIMELESS The end is just over the top, its just disgusting and brilliant and funny at the same time...

Written by Herzebeth on 01.07.2007 at 01:55

I have it on my computer, and have seen it.. Dude get ready for some harsh stuff...Its harshness is kind of in the vein of Salo though so I suppose YOU wont get to disturbed. Oh and expect to be grossed out, if not by the actual gore (involving mainly the "private parts") you WILL be grossed out by the MANY explict sex scenes by the 2 main characters, oh and yes they are both males.. There is this very fresh scene of the Cannibal biting the Meals eum thing.... Im to young for this stuff... geez

How can I get my hands on that movie man? can you like..share it via whatever? do you use any P2P software? I truly want to see that film dude, so even if it takes a night with the messenger on (that's how a friend of mine shared Cannibal Holocaust With me) I'll do it, please tell me if you can send it somehow via PM or right here ..PLEASE DUDE! you even got me more interested
----
02.07.2007 - 20:18
Herzebeth
Written by Guest on 01.07.2007 at 15:22

Written by Ernis on 01.07.2007 at 15:10

well...another thing....has anyone of you seen "Begotten"? It's a black and white silent film with a very surreal plot and disturbing images......

Yes its an intressting avant-garde movie. Rather disturbing, yet facinating, I dare say its like a movie version of Sunn O))) Its slow and droning and very hypnotic...

If you guys are into those things, try The Cabinet Of DR. Caligari, the german movie from 1920...it's fucking bizarre and shit...also a silent film, pioneered the whole genre...
----
02.07.2007 - 20:20
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Herzebeth on 02.07.2007 at 20:14

How can I get my hands on that movie man? can you like..share it via whatever? do you use any P2P software? I truly want to see that film dude, so even if it takes a night with the messenger on (that's how a friend of mine shared Cannibal Holocaust With me) I'll do it, please tell me if you can send it somehow via PM or right here ..PLEASE DUDE! you even got me more interested

I downloaded it via torrent. I will see if I can find the torrent I used. otherwise I might send it to you or something...
02.07.2007 - 20:24
Herzebeth
Written by Guest on 02.07.2007 at 20:20

Written by Herzebeth on 02.07.2007 at 20:14

I downloaded it via torrent. I will see if I can find the torrent I used. otherwise I might send it to you or something...

I've never been able to use Torrents, I guess I'm too stupid or my computer sucks, as I had get-torrent and everytime I tried to download a torrent the fucker didn't find the connection or something...

if you don't find the torrent please send it man, if you do find it please tell me which Torrent downloader you're using and which .torrent finder as well...

thank you very fucking much
----
03.07.2007 - 06:42
Galar
Wicked Mung
Cannibal Holocaust in my eyes is the best horror movie of all time. In my book, this film is the deffiniton of horror.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
03.07.2007 - 08:01
Herzebeth
Dudes my attempts of downloading movies have been shattered over and over again...so please dudes, I need someone who recommends me a way to download movies maybe a torrent?

How can I search and download torrents, what is this thing in the first place? any links where I can download anything? please someone help me with this matter
----
03.07.2007 - 08:02
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Oh man, trying to pick my favorite horror films. Now, I am a fan of true horror. Just because there is a lot of blood and boobs doesn't make it horror. It makes it stupid. Now, I have been studying film for almost 10 years now, and have seen many, many horror films.

Here are my top picks in some what of an order...

• ALIEN (1979)
  • Nosferatu (1922)
  • The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
  • The Thing (1982)
  • Freaks (1932)
  • 28 Days Later... (2002)
  • An American Werewolf in London (1981)
  • The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)
  • Night of the Living Dead (1968)
  • Dawn of the Dead (2004)
  • ----
    (space for rent)
    03.07.2007 - 11:15
    Basso
    Account deleted
    Written by Dane Train on 03.07.2007 at 08:02

Oh man, trying to pick my favorite horror films. Now, I am a fan of true horror. Just because there is a lot of blood and boobs doesn't make it horror. It makes it stupid. Now, I have been studying film for almost 10 years now, and have seen many, many horror films.

• ALIEN (1979)
  • Nosferatu (1922)
  • The Thing (1982)
  • Freaks (1932)

• An impressive list, im happy to see someone mention John Carpenters The Thing!
    I see that you also mentioned The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. I will have to check that one out.
    03.07.2007 - 18:22
    Herzebeth
    Written by Dane Train on 03.07.2007 at 08:02

• ALIEN (1979)
  • Nosferatu (1922)
  • The Thing (1982)
  • Freaks (1932)

• Nice one, I'm glad I actually own and love all of them except for 28 Days Later which is the blatant copy of "I Drink Your Blood..." with a different disease it's just way assholian to rip a movie in such a blind way

you've been studying film since you were 13 years old? wow, at that age I was in high school

Anyhow, boobs and blood are so good IMO, I do love boob-less blood-less horror as well man
    ----
    04.07.2007 - 16:23
    OneWithMisery
    Men, I hate it when a movie is supposed to be a horror film, and then you watch it and laugh all the time..a bunch of fake blood and cut of body parts do not make a good horror movie! Back to the topic, I'll go with Rosemary's child...
    ----
    Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'till it goes CLICK!
    05.07.2007 - 03:55
    Ernis
    狼獾
    Written by Herzebeth on 03.07.2007 at 18:22

Nice one, I'm glad I actually own and love all of them except for 28 Days Later which is the blatant copy of "I Drink Your Blood..." with a different disease it's just way assholian to rip a movie in such a blind way

Haven't you read a book called "The Day of the Triffids"?
    The action takes place in London...a guy has an accident and he is put to hospital...the whole world is excited because of a meteor phenomenon in the sky...lots of falling stars...the guy in the hospital has his eyes bound so he can't see anything....
    Some days later he wakes up in his hospital bed and discovers that the hospital is all empty and silent....he then finds some patients...but they are all blinded and crazy....
    He leaves the hospital and discovers that London is all deserted...no living soul left....so he wanders the empty streets until he discovers the truth....
    Basically....all those who saw the falling stars became blind which caused the country...not just country...the whole planet to collapse.....those few who managed to retain their vision were captured by blind people who had all became crazy and mad....besides...a new plant species, triffids had released itself....these huge plants were able to move using their roots as legs and they could kill a human...which they did....
    The book ended with the triffids taking over the devastated world and the last survivors gathering to small groups hoping to stay alive a bit longer....