Devastation - Idolatry
Sadus - Illusions/Chemical Exposure
Protector - A Shedding of Skin
Merciless - The Awakening
Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death

Total votes: 19
27.07.2020 - 07:04
sgtrobo
Old school brutal thrash, the albums that walked a fine line between death metal and thrash metal. If you've listened to them all, what is your favorite? No, I didn't include Reign in Blood on here for a reason, and I considered not including Dark Angel or Kreator because they will most likely walk away with this.
What's your favorite on the list?
For me:

Malleus Maleficarum
Spectrum of Death
The Awakening
27.07.2020 - 23:00
Metal Rasputin
Idolatry any day. The production quality is what it is, but musically it's one beast of an album. No weak songs, just sheer raw intensity from beginning to the end.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
30.07.2020 - 02:51
MetCanMeshAnt
I went with Sepultura just because it is the only album on this list that I have listened to. The only other band on this list that I have listened to has been Kreator, but I have not listened to Pleasure to Kill. I found my copy of Morbid Visions at a used cd store and I was completely stoked to find it. I honestly haven't listened to it in a long time but I do like it.
03.08.2020 - 08:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How about explaining why you picked up those ?
To me its hard chose here, but I think I go to Brazilians, I did listen their in pre roots era a lot when I was teenager, somehow it fits best here to me.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.08.2020 - 10:35
sgtrobo
Written by Bad English on 03.08.2020 at 08:41

How about explaining why you picked up those ?

well, my fave is Malleus Maleficarum, followed by The Awakening and Spectrum of Death, although these are all pretty close, nothing lower than a 9/10 in my opinion. I didn't want to include Reign in Blood because Big 4 tends to throw voting off.
17.08.2020 - 12:46
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Dark Angel. They hit the nail in the head with that thing. It's almost perfect and a defining moment for thrash/death and i dare say black metal.
You could also look into early Sodom. Obssessed By Cruelty is near flawless in that sense.
29.03.2021 - 15:34
blackwreath13
Pleasure to Kill, just too loyal to it to even contemplate anything else.