Metal Storm logo
Ministry - Final Album In The Works

Ministry mainman Al Jourgensen has revealed to Germany's Metal Hammer magazine that the group's previously announced "final" album, "The Last Sucker", will be followed by an all-covers release, tentatively due in 2008. According to Jourgensen, the as-yet-untitled effort will contain "a lot of different cover songs from various bands," some of which have already been released on Ministry albums over the years.

Ministry's upcoming covers album is expected to include the following tracks, among others:

Previously released songs:
"Supernaut" by Black Sabbath (from "Supernaut" EP)
"Lay Lady Lay" by Bob Dylan (from "Filth Pig")
"Roadhouse Blues" by The Doors (from "The Last Sucker")
"The Light Pours out of Me" by Magazine (from "Animosity")

New songs:
"I Want You" by The Beatles
"Under My Thumb" by The Rolling Stones
"Space Trucking" by Deep Purple
"Black Betty" by Ram Jam
"Radar Love" by Golden Earring

In a Piss Army (Ministry's Fan Club) post, Jourgensen's wife has stated that some guest appearances can be expected on the cover album. Apparently, Ogre from Skinny Puppy has been contacted; however, whether he will appear on the album is yet to be seen.

Ministry's "The Last Sucker" album will be released on September 18 via 13th Planet/Megaforce. A world tour will follow in 2008.

Source: metalhammer.co.uk
Band profile: Ministry
Posted: 02.08.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 5 users
02.08.2007 - 14:39
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Is it really "The Last Sucker" their definitely final album? Nooo...
I knew for sure it's the third and last of the Ministry's Bush Trilogy...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
03.08.2007 - 23:12
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
well, "Last Sucker" is their last LP full of new material. This cover album is more like a parting gift for the fans.. Too bad the song choices suck though.
04.08.2007 - 13:10
Omni
Account deleted
Written by jupitreas on 03.08.2007 at 23:12

...Too bad the song choices suck though.

You can say that again
07.08.2007 - 03:44
Joey Jo Jo
Piece of shit
Besides Supernaut, all the covers can be easily found on their albums. The only people I see buying these are Ministry fans, and should have all of them already. Maybe a remastered bootleg of the 1988 live version of "The Light Pours Out of Me" instead of the album version would be more welcome.

Also, Ministry are only good at making Ministry albums(their sideprojects though, are really amazing). The remix albums have been really bad. So I don't see a cover album being any different, especially seeing as how Al has seemed to lost his flare for doing great and unexpected covers.
----
"If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys."
- Orson Welles

Hits total: 2892 | This month: 5