Metal Storm logo
More metal guys than girls?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 04.08.2007 - 20:28
it just came to me right now, why are there more male metal fans than female?

the only logical explanation i can give is that girls are softer and prefer lighter music in general...
25.06.2008 - 03:08
Number Juan
Metal is a largely male dominated genre. A lot of the themes appeal to the male psyche because of the intrinsicly liberating nature they present.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
25.06.2008 - 13:18
Dagorwen
Written by owl on 24.06.2008 at 22:44

Written by Bad English on 23.06.2008 at 18:15

No not power but epic folk, viking and black

Oh true, I forgot those. Ma bad.
Still, I can't say I feel very... er... "walkyr'ish" when I listen to Black Metal.

I do ^^ (specially when I listen to Burzum)

and "male psyche"... ahem, have men an other psyche than women? I never experimented that in my everyday life!
01.07.2008 - 12:06
Finsternis
Account deleted
women should do gay metal like epica or whatever.i think that men are good at metal rather than women especially in black/death.only few of them are acceptable who are LSK (i need an evidence to proof that s/he is a woman haha,but she is awesome and at least she is more destroyer than men with long straight hair which is reformed along 7585 hours) and Adorior as well.
01.07.2008 - 14:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=33514] on 01.07.2008 at 12:06

women should do gay metal like epica or whatever.i think that men are good at metal rather than women especially in black/death.only few of them are acceptable who are LSK (i need an evidence to proof that s/he is a woman haha,but she is awesome and at least she is more destroyer than men with long straight hair which is reformed along 7585 hours) and Adorior as well.

LSK what is that? I know LKS but LSK?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.07.2008 - 15:54
Finsternis
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 01.07.2008 at 14:28

bass player of Antaeus
01.07.2008 - 16:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=33514] on 01.07.2008 at 15:54

Written by Bad English on 01.07.2008 at 14:28

bass player of Antaeus

I never would guess it
----

apos;'
[image]
02.07.2008 - 20:51
Iceland_Norway
You could listen Battlelore or Iridio (Italian Keltic music)
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
10.08.2008 - 10:34
Oracle
Orcinus
I think the reason why less girls listen to metal is because some girls are more fragile whereas boys are rough.
To some girls metal might not appeal to them as they might not like the heavy guitars and aggressive vocals. Pop music etc might appeal to them more as its not heavy or aggressive and they might prefer the concept of those songs rather than metal songs.
Another reason could be because they are not as opened up to metal as males are because perhaps they are influenced by parents or friends and brought up thinking that 'metal is for boys and pop is for girls'.

I have noticed that some girls prefer to listen to Gothic or symphonic and possibly power metal rather than the extreme metal. This could be because some of these bands are fronted by females and they might like the idea of a female taking the lead rather than a male but there are alot of girls who like extreme metal too so this is sort of a stereotypical subject IMO because its just like asking 'why dont alot of guys listen to slow ballads or pop music like girls do'.

I dont know if any of that makes sense. I tried not to sound very stereotypical.
10.08.2008 - 12:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
alos girl are made for have baby and family in early days , more home lafestyle, not hanging around, it explains why tahy dont like metal so much, and % less girls are alcoholics like guys
----

apos;'
[image]
10.08.2008 - 13:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 10.08.2008 at 12:27

and % less girls are alcoholics like guys

And what does that have to do with metal?

NOTHING at all.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.08.2008 - 13:41
Oracle
Orcinus
@K7: That doesnt really mean a thing, women who have those things still listen to metal. its just like saying they dont have time for any music lol. and whats with the alcoholic thing??
10.08.2008 - 13:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Oracle on 10.08.2008 at 13:41

@K7: That doesnt really mean a thing, women who have those things still listen to metal. its just like saying they dont have time for any music lol. and whats with the alcoholic thing??

No when you shood cear about baby it takes all time , no loud muisc, no concerts , no parties, and such thinks, and when kid is already grown some people stop listen music, I know some who after get kid stop listen it
----

apos;'
[image]
10.08.2008 - 15:21
Oracle
Orcinus
@K7: There are things called ipods lol. I know it takes time but people still have free time when they have kids, and not everyone stops listening to music when they have kids. Thats just a silly thing to say. I know lots of people who have children and they still listen to alot of music...
10.08.2008 - 15:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Oracle on 10.08.2008 at 15:21

@K7: There are things called ipods lol. I know it takes time but people still have free time when they have kids, and not everyone stops listening to music when they have kids. Thats just a silly thing to say. I know lots of people who have children and they still listen to alot of music...

Why use an iPOd when you have kids.
You can play the music over the stereo as long as the volume isn't too high there is no problem whatsoever.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.08.2008 - 15:27
Oracle
Orcinus
@Marcel H.: try telling K7 that lol.
I was just trying to explain to k7 that there are different ways to listen to music without making noise while babies are trying to sleep... but if you had an ipod then how would you hear the baby cry? i didnt think of that bit haha.
10.08.2008 - 15:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Oracle on 10.08.2008 at 15:27

@Marcel H.: try telling K7 that lol.
I was just trying to explain to k7 that there are different ways to listen to music without making noise while babies are trying to sleep... but if you had an ipod then how would you hear the baby cry? i didnt think of that bit haha.

Well when the baby is awake you can easily use the stereo and when it is asleep it is also possible to play music over the stereo since the baby sleeps in a separate room from where you're sitting listening to music.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.08.2008 - 15:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.08.2008 at 15:22

Written by Oracle on 10.08.2008 at 15:21

Why use an iPOd when you have kids.
You can play the music over the stereo as long as the volume isn't too high there is no problem whatsoever.

SAY it to my mother, she is even not happy when Im lsiten (NOT LOAD) music when cat are sleeping in my room, I m happy I have no small ssi or bro, then .... I run away from Sweden emedialy

Oracle - I dont like Ipod and such thinks I hate when soemthing are in my ears

I just say moust people give up metal when get kids, realationships, start working, or finish school , some people what I know done it after school ends
----

apos;'
[image]
10.08.2008 - 15:36
Oracle
Orcinus
@Marcel H.: Yeah i reckon. It also good to have a bit of noise while the baby is asleep so it gets used to it and if someone accidently makes noise, baby wont wake up that easily.
Anyway how did this subject come up again? Its irrelevant for this thread.
10.08.2008 - 15:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Oracle on 10.08.2008 at 15:36

@Marcel H.: Yeah i reckon. It also good to have a bit of noise while the baby is asleep so it gets used to it and if someone accidently makes noise, baby wont wake up that easily.
Anyway how did this subject come up again? Its irrelevant for this thread.

It might be irrelevant to the thread but it is way more interesting
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.08.2008 - 15:50
Oracle
Orcinus
@Marcel H.: Haha yeah i reckon.

@K7: people have their different ways yes but not all give up music when these things happen. Im not gonna give up metal when i start popping out kids, i want to encourage them that metal is good and have little metalheads running around. I mean its upto the kid and what they listen to but they aint stopping me from listening to music i enjoy.
My mum didnt stop listening to music when she had me or my brother. She listened to it alot ... Anyway this is irrelevant subject for this threat. im not talking about this anymore.
10.08.2008 - 15:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Oracle on 10.08.2008 at 15:50

@K7: people have their different ways yes but not all give up music when these things happen. Im not gonna give up metal when i start popping out kids, i want to encourage them that metal is good and have little metalheads running around. I mean its upto the kid and what they listen to but they aint stopping me from listening to music i enjoy.
My mum didnt stop listening to music when she had me or my brother. She listened to it alot ... Anyway this is irrelevant subject for this threat. im not talking about this anymore.

But some do it, but IMO its posing, lsitening that whyle Im in school if people love it its for life
Football/metal=passion what never stops, its blood in my weins
----

apos;'
[image]
11.08.2008 - 13:30
Oracle
Orcinus
@K7: how is it posing if you listen to metal when you have had kids? its not like you said if people love it it's life so they wouldnt need to stop listening to it when they have had kids.
11.08.2008 - 13:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Oracle on 11.08.2008 at 13:30

@K7: how is it posing if you listen to metal when you have had kids? its not like you said if people love it it's life so they wouldnt need to stop listening to it when they have had kids.

I have no kids and I never will be kids I wont be parent and I wont stop listen metal even then, listening metal it takes all my spare time and not only
----

apos;'
[image]
11.08.2008 - 13:41
Oracle
Orcinus
@K7: i never said you were gonna have kids. i meant people in general. but im just saying parents dont let kids get in the way of music. they still would listen to music with kids.
11.08.2008 - 14:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Oracle on 11.08.2008 at 13:41

@K7: i never said you were gonna have kids. i meant people in general. but im just saying parents dont let kids get in the way of music. they still would listen to music with kids.

My parents never had blocked me from metal and music and alcohol ( ) I alreday can drink beer in age 11
IMO parents are afraid, kid will do thinks what thay did, fall in love. drink, hanging around and so on, and same whit metal
Ok non metalhead parents are conservativ dont know much about it, but metalhead, ... and if child ha sbanned from soemthing, it wanna do it
Its from expierience, Im not alcoholic
----

apos;'
[image]
11.08.2008 - 14:32
Oracle
Orcinus
@K7: Fine lets just not let kids have a life and ban them from everything then. I wont let my kids be happy and i wont be happy either if thats the case.
Why would anyone ban their kids from listening to music anyway? its just silly and of course their gonna wanna do it if they are ban so thats why you dont ban your kids from listen to music they like....
This is irrelevant for this thread if you wanna disuss this, do it in a thread that is related to this topic.
11.08.2008 - 14:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=23805] on 11.08.2008 at 14:41

The reason there are more metal dudes than women is because men got to it first. And if K7 and Oracle are any indication, men and women can't agree on anything.

(Ahhhhhh, I'm not taking sides! Don't hurt me!)

Man get all firts what exatly?
----

apos;'
[image]
11.08.2008 - 14:49
Oracle
Orcinus
@Varelse: Haha If you read our posts, its about something different.
Lets just face it, Men and Women are completely different species altogether XD
11.08.2008 - 15:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
In those days when mail start rock n roll, woman has no writes even how free was sistem
It was made dinner, live in house and rais kids, something like it was life in 50ties, only 60/70ties trooly 80ties woman get independence
----

apos;'
[image]
14.08.2008 - 19:02
owl
Written by [user id=23805] on 11.08.2008 at 15:21

Exactly. They were late into the game, but things are lookin' up.
And proof of that is the amount of girls I saw at AlternaVigo festival last weekend. We were probably as many as guys, and that was the most balanced audience I remember seeing in a Metal gig.
----