Metal Storm logo
Best Metal Ballad Ever

05.08.2007 - 10:57
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Me personally enjoy almost every metal ballad. Those by Nightwish are great, Iron Maiden (or Bruce Dickinson self) have good ones, but by me is currently winning Manowar with Courage...how about you?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

05.08.2007 - 12:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
IMO those treads are simmilar
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1163'

Ok now Im lsitening Accept - Seawinds
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.08.2007 - 16:51
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i dont think so...because for example those Manowar ballads arent exactly what i will call "depressive"...yes, they can make you (me almost can ) cry, but there is also some other feeling i have while listening to them - i dont know how to explain it exactly in some suitable words...something like...i cant say...but not depression but vice versa
----

05.08.2007 - 17:23
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
Hmm that's difficult to say, but I really enjoy "Wasting Love" by Iron Maiden, "If I Could Fly" by Helloween, "For Every Tear That Falls" by Evergrey, "The Fallen One" by Hammerfall, "Replica" by Sonata Arctica and the next ones aren't really metal but they're amazing: "Still Loving You" by Scorpions, "Lay Your Body Down" by Poison and "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith.

Though there are many more that are great, these are the first that came to my mind.
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
05.08.2007 - 18:37
Bash'
:)
The Haunted - Kamelot

the bestestest to me, Shy - Sonata Arctica, also The Misery for Sonata Arctica is perfect..

I dunno if you're considering The River Flows Frozen - Eternal Tears of Sorrow a ballad, but I'd recommend it so much for you, amazing solo by classical guiter followed be deeply amazing & brilliant one with lead guiter.. you'll feel depressed..
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
05.08.2007 - 19:20
Remus
"Turn the Page" by Metallica. The lead guitar expresses so much emotion, and the lyrics are powerful as well. I think the video adds quite a lot to the song. That's the best ballad ever, i would say.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
05.08.2007 - 19:38
APOHAKC
The Bard
Grave Digger - Ballad Of Marry (Queen Of Scots)

The only song EVER that made me cry
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
05.08.2007 - 21:16
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
Blind Guardian - The Bard´s Song.............It was breathtaking sing it along with Guardian in Metal Camp.

Metallica - Fade To Black............really deep song

Manowar - Courage
05.08.2007 - 21:35
Inlé
The Storyteller by Fairyland.

I don't usually like the ballads but that one's great and well placed in the album.

The Ballad by Testament is probably one of the better songs off PWYP too.
05.08.2007 - 23:45
Charly546
Axel Rudi Pell - The Curse Of The Damned
It's just an amazing song, beautiful guitars (something to the likes of Blackmore and Malmsteen), great vocals, drumwork is awesome. And it gets quite fast near the end.
Like a little brother to Heaven and Hell (by Black Sabbath)
06.08.2007 - 01:45
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Knightrider on 05.08.2007 at 21:16

Blind Guardian - The Bard´s Song.............It was breathtaking sing it along with Guardian in Metal Camp.

Know what you mean, seen Blind Guardian 20 days ago in Belgrade, and it was amazing, great song, but stil, I don't consider it much for ballad, can't really explain how it works in my head
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
06.08.2007 - 17:47
duyhung
Account deleted
See Me In Shadow by Delain, a very nice ballad with beautiful melody. The great performance of Liv Kristine Krull is also a highlight of this song
07.08.2007 - 12:31
Hyvaarin
Judas Priest - Dreamer Deceiver

Not only is it the best ballad in metal, but it's the best SONG in metal. Perfect performances all round.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
07.08.2007 - 13:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Hyvaarin on 07.08.2007 at 12:31

Judas Priest - Dreamer Deceiver

Not only is it the best ballad in metal, but it's the best SONG in metal. Perfect performances all round.

i agree that it's ignored like hell in the priest discography, with from what i know only 3 live performances or so, but the best priest ballad for me still is diamonds and rust(live meltdown), there's so much emotion there i think half the crowd was crying

as for best metal ballad ever, for me the prize goes to demons and wizards- fiddler on the green(how come no-one mentioned it?), fuck, it's simply a masterpiece. first of all the fantastic lyrics, the acoustic intro, the strumming part, hansi's "ooh"-ing, the first solo, the outro solo, and of course "IT WOULD BE NIIIIIIIICE... TAAAKE MY HAAND" part, gotta love it, though the best ballad of all time(excluding metal) is hands down led zeppelin's stairway to heaven

other ballads which i think don't get the credit they deserve: iron maiden-como estais amigos(why is it so frowned upon??), king diamond-so sad(you could fill a bucket of tears with this one), iced earth- a question of heaven, watching over me, ghost of freedom and manowar-heart of steel(the clean guitar intro on hell on stage is priceless)
07.08.2007 - 19:32
Stigmatized
Fucked to Death by Devourment

and the runner up would be "Death and the Healing" by Wintersun. I guess it would be considered a ballad. I think Wintersun is vastly overrated but this song is pure excellence all the way though.
08.08.2007 - 13:36
orathac
Account deleted
Crimson Glory - Lost Reflection
Bathory - Song To Hall Up High --- this one made me cry
08.08.2007 - 17:47
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Bard's song is amazing specially live, but I think Second Love by Pain of Salvation is my favorite
----
10.08.2007 - 22:31
Warman
Erotic Stains
The best metal ballad must be Another Day by Dream Theater. A cool saxophone and that guitar solo is breathtaking! The best Rock ballad will always be Middletown Dreams by Rush, such a beautiful one. PROGYGRESSIVE 4-EVER!
----
18.08.2007 - 10:55
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
damn...Master of the Wind is maybe even better than Courage or maybe they are the same...and with Heart of Steel too...Manowar KILL
----

20.08.2007 - 13:05
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Iced Earth - A Question of Heaven.

Barlow's sister and him singing in the song just makes it sound so beautiful. Pretty much why I listen to it constantly.
21.08.2007 - 13:50
Elodie Artour
Slania
In my opinion,two of the most wonderful metal ballads I've ever heard are both"Sleeping Sun"and"Dead Boy's Poem"by Nightwish.They're so sad...After fiering Tarja from the band,I've cried many times while listening to these two tracks.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
21.08.2007 - 23:57
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Elodie Artour on 21.08.2007 at 13:50

In my opinion,two of the most wonderful metal ballads I've ever heard are both"Sleeping Sun"and"Dead Boy's Poem"by Nightwish.

Not the best Metal ballads, but I agree... they're so beautiful and some of the best!
----
21.08.2007 - 23:59
Elodie Artour
Slania
Well,there are plenty of good metal ballads out there,indeed.And that was just my opinion.
----
22.08.2007 - 00:05
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Elodie Artour on 21.08.2007 at 23:59

And that was just my opinion.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to be an ass or something I just meant that it's not my favourites and I perfectly understand and respect your opinion!
----
22.08.2007 - 00:11
Elodie Artour
Slania

Okay.Thanks for telling me the truth.I'm glad you respect my opinion.
----
22.08.2007 - 00:26
RavenLord
List time...

Bruce Dickinson - Tears of the Dragon

Beautifully pensive acoustic riff, and a cracking solo. Fucked up video, though...

Metallica - Fade to Black

Ditto. Except the video part

Iron Maiden - Children of the Damned

That intro solo...wave your lighters, now!

Agree with Warman on 'Another Day'. I find most DT too clinical and emotionless, but this hits the spot.

Tristania - A Sequel of Decay

It's just Gothic, done properly. Don't overuse the female vocals, or else you end up shoving her tits on the album cover ¬_¬

Primordial - Dark Song

This should be top, actually. It's an excellent, rousing, acoustic number with all the power and melancholy of any of the tracks on 'A Journey's End'. Track it down now!
----
22.08.2007 - 07:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by RavenLord on 22.08.2007 at 00:26

What video? You mean to say that years after Fade To Black was recorded they they made a video for it? Because as far as I remember they certainly never released it as a single. The first true single and first professional video clip they released was One. Otr did you mean One in this case?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.08.2007 - 22:22
RavenLord
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.08.2007 at 07:41

Written by RavenLord on 22.08.2007 at 00:26

What video? You mean to say that years after Fade To Black was recorded they they made a video for it? Because as far as I remember they certainly never released it as a single. The first true single and first professional video clip they released was One. Otr did you mean One in this case?

I meant that the video isn't fucked up, because there isn't one.

Of course, if there was, you'd know it would suck balls, while trying to be 'arty'. One wasn't a bad video, though, except for the voice-overs from 'Johnny Got His Gun'
----
24.08.2007 - 20:59
selken
Irreligious
IMO the best ballad for me is X Japan Endless Rain
Another good ballads:
X Japan's Say Anything and Unfinished
Sonata Arctica's Tallulah
Helloween's Forever and One & Light The Universe
Stratovarius' 4000 rainy nights & years go by
----
25.08.2007 - 18:10