Metal Storm logo
Vreid - 'Into The Mountains' Track Premiered Online

Vreid reveal new track "Into The Mountains", featuring Valfar's (Windir) original keyboard recordings. The song "Into The Mountains" is a homage to the Sognametal spirit and legacy. The ideas for that track were written in 2002 by Jarle 'Hváll' Kvåle and Terje 'Valfar' Bakken (Windir). Inspired by these ideas, Hváll wrote the song and included the original demo keyboard tracks from 2002, recorded back then by Valfar. "Into The Mountains" is part of the Vreid's upcoming record Wild North West, due out April 30th.

Animation by Remi Juliebø (Deformat Design), videography by Håvard Nesbø

Vreid songwriter and bass player Jarle Hváll Kvåle comments: "Into The Mountains" is the essence of Sognametal, a hymn to Sogndal and a celebration of our ancestors and legacy. Late winter 2020 preparing for the new album, I went through my old recording hard discs and I found some old ideas for riffs that I had made in 2002. It was from a session between the 1184 and Likferd albums from Windir. I also found some unused keyboard parts recorded by Valfar from the same period. I could not remember these and became euphoric by rediscovering this. So, I blocked out the outside world, locked myself in the studio, and it instantly sent me 20 years back in time. I felt spellbound while working on this song. For a few days it felt like me and Valfar were working together in the studio again, and what a weird and fantastic session it was. The dynamic of working together with Valfar is something that I will always miss, and these strange days it felt like journeying into a lost time. The result of this session is "Into The Mountains", a song that feels so pure, fresh and vital for us, yet with a great homage to our olden times. Life is a strange and curvy road."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Vreid
Posted: 14.04.2021 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 21 users
14.04.2021 - 12:23
EloZ
What an awesome way to celebrate a friend, after all these years! Good job, fellas! Windirs' spirit is still alive!
14.04.2021 - 16:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I miss windir, good song. Cool old vibes there. Nice keys, but video is dm video, not viking metal. I miss mountains, soon I will drive there.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 606 | This month: 11