Metal Storm logo
Hammerfall

Original post

Posted by Infurnace, 10.08.2007 - 00:27
I'm pretty amazed, because there wasn't any thread about Hammerfall before this one. Anyways, Hammerfall is a Power Metal band from Sweden. They have released quite some albums now and they will release a new compilation cd, this year. I re-discovered them lately. I used to like them very much, but I forgot about them for a while. As I said before, I re-discovered them, and I wanted to make a thread about them, because I'd like to know what you guys think.
22.04.2008 - 09:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 21.04.2008 at 23:14

They found a new guitar player !

we know we read site metal news
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.04.2008 - 00:45
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@K7: Oh, I didn't know it made the news. My bad.
26.04.2008 - 16:43
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Lowelas: I hadn't seen that in the news, so thank you for the info.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.04.2008 - 21:04
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Oscar Dronjak still in the band, he's amazing, a great showman ideed.
05.05.2008 - 11:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Vinnie R. on 29.04.2008 at 21:04

Man importnat man there are Cans , because his voice makes Hammerfall to Hammerfall, other vocalist wont be good for that band
----

apos;'
[image]
05.05.2008 - 20:46
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Written by Bad English on 05.05.2008 at 11:51

Written by Vinnie R. on 29.04.2008 at 21:04

Man importnat man there are Cans , because his voice makes Hammerfall to Hammerfall, other vocalist wont be good for that band

Joachim Cans is one of the most amazing dingers, and you are right K7, without Cans Hammerfall couln0t be...but Dronjak has wrote some of the most important hymns of the band.
16.05.2008 - 21:18
Valentin B
Iconoclast
goddamit they're just too lazy with the new cover album!! i already heard 10 out of 15 songs... we want MORE!!!

edit: damn, i liked the duo. though for some reason, i prefer Oskar(even though most solos are Stefan's)... he'll be missed.
16.05.2008 - 21:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 16.05.2008 at 21:18

goddamit they're just too lazy with the new cover album!! i already heard 10 out of 15 songs... we want MORE!!!

Its be more like THE BEST OF becaus emosut songs are bonus traxk and in realsed original CD
----

apos;'
[image]
17.05.2008 - 04:36
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
WOW I didn't even know they had a new album ov cover songs out until now!!
I'm happy now.
21.05.2008 - 14:18
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by Guest on 17.05.2008 at 04:36

I'm happy now.

Well, it's not released yet. It's out in june. Along with it the new DVD, a follow up to The First Crusade and The Templar Renegade Crusades DVD:s. Can't wait for it.

It's really sad that Stefan left, but they found a good replacement for him in Pontus. It's not like the lame replacement for Jani in Sonata Arctica! Man I can't stand Elias in SA. (sorry for off topic). Stefan will be missed indeed, and he left big shoes to fill in, but Pontus will do that just fine. As long as Dronjak and Cans is still in the band they will remain Hammerfall as they are the ones doing the most of the songwriting in the band.
22.05.2008 - 06:06
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 21.05.2008 at 14:18

Written by Guest on 17.05.2008 at 04:36

I'm happy now.

Well, it's not released yet. It's out in june. Along with it the new DVD, a follow up to The First Crusade and The Templar Renegade Crusades DVD:s. Can't wait for it.

It's really sad that Stefan left, but they found a good replacement for him in Pontus. It's not like the lame replacement for Jani in Sonata Arctica! Man I can't stand Elias in SA. (sorry for off topic). Stefan will be missed indeed, and he left big shoes to fill in, but Pontus will do that just fine. As long as Dronjak and Cans is still in the band they will remain Hammerfall as they are the ones doing the most of the songwriting in the band.

Oh okay

I gave up on Sonata Arctica lol. But DAMN the new HammerFall releases really tickle my fancies
26.05.2008 - 15:48
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Nuclear Blast Newsletter report:

"Hammerfall fronter Joacim Cans has just turned into a national hero in the band's home country Sweden after winning the TV Show "Körslaget" ("Clash Of The Choirs"). Joacim staged and conducted a couple of songs during the show, such as "Living On A Prayer", "O Fortuna" or "You Shook Me All Night Long", along with a choir and shook the Swedish mass media upside down by showing once more what a metalhead can be capable of!"

INTRO: JOACIM AND HAMMERFALL + SONG: LIVING ON A PRAYER
SONG: O FORTUNA
SONG: HEARTS ON FIRE
SONG: YOU SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG
----
Your favorite band sucks.
05.07.2008 - 22:07
Anders Hansson
Account deleted
Ha ha ha ha that show suck bad
07.07.2008 - 13:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Thryce on 26.05.2008 at 15:48

Nuclear Blast Newsletter report:

"Hammerfall fronter Joacim Cans has just turned into a national hero in the band's home country Sweden after winning the TV Show "Körslaget" ("Clash Of The Choirs"). Joacim staged and conducted a couple of songs during the show, such as "Living On A Prayer", "O Fortuna" or "You Shook Me All Night Long", along with a choir and shook the Swedish mass media upside down by showing once more what a metalhead can be capable of!"

INTRO: JOACIM AND HAMMERFALL + SONG: LIVING ON A PRAYER
SONG: O FORTUNA
SONG: HEARTS ON FIRE
SONG: YOU SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG

hahahaha that was funny man, though it's not Living on a Prayer he conducted in the beginning, it's You Give Love a Bad Name.

the Hearts on Fire vid was hilarious, the first verse sounded AWESOME, but the chorus was fucked up lol. and snow plows are METAL
09.02.2009 - 18:11
Baz Anderson
Staff
I've never been a Hammerfall fan really - but the new album is coming out in a few weeks and I have it to review, and actually am really liking it.
Strange really seeing as I had been listening to less and less power metal these days.
09.02.2009 - 20:29
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
So, that encouraging, right? I mean, the new album won't suck like the last one?
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
09.02.2009 - 20:36
Hrothdane
Written by Baz Anderson on 09.02.2009 at 18:11

I've never been a Hammerfall fan really - but the new album is coming out in a few weeks and I have it to review, and actually am really liking it.
Strange really seeing as I had been listening to less and less power metal these days.

I'm happy to hear that! From your album votes, you seem to have a similar taste to me, so I know I'll like it then
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
09.02.2009 - 20:37
Baz Anderson
Staff
I'm not familiar with the last one, but this album is quite good. It has one really cool track on it - "Legion", the rest is not quite so fast paced.
09.02.2009 - 21:04
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Written by Baz Anderson on 09.02.2009 at 20:37

I'm not familiar with the last one, but this album is quite good. It has one really cool track on it - "Legion", the rest is not quite so fast paced.

Well they have quite a few solid slow or mid paced songs, so that's wouldn't be a minus (IMHO). I'll be mildly optimistic.
So, when is that review coming up?
----

09.02.2009 - 21:10
Baz Anderson
Staff
The album comes out on the 20th of February - so it will be some time around then hopefully!!
09.02.2009 - 21:30
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Oh, I hoped the review would be out a day or two before the album, as a sort of a teaser, you know?
Nevertheless, I will gladly read it, whenever you post it.
----

16.02.2009 - 11:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Quite simply put, the band that got me into real Heavy Metal(back when i was 15 or so). i could just eat up everything these guys record, one of the few bands(along Manowar and Ac/Dc) i really want to hear live before i die.
09.03.2009 - 00:27
Gigginova
Account deleted
Wow the new HammerFall album is out! But won't be released in the U.S. until March 24th.

But I go to the U.S. in April, so I can buy it, I'm gonna see if I can stream songs now. I'm always disappointed with new releases from this band but then end up loving it.
09.03.2009 - 18:46
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I am in general not getting this idea of releasing album in one part of the world one day and in another two months later...you do?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

18.03.2009 - 03:00
ToMegaTherion
Hammerfall rock, they are another of those cheezy yet incredibly catchy bands that you cant help but like. Blood Bound is probably my favorite song of theirs.
18.03.2009 - 07:21
Hrothdane
Written by ToMegaTherion on 18.03.2009 at 03:00

Hammerfall rock, they are another of those cheezy yet incredibly catchy bands that you cant help but like. Blood Bound is probably my favorite song of theirs.

Right on! They have really cornered the market on songs about paladins and knights, and as a lifetime fan of plate armor, heraldry, and medieval weaponry, I feel as though I am listening to kindred spirits when I hear their music
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
16.04.2009 - 23:27
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
----
(space for rent)
16.04.2009 - 23:37
-Soulreaper-
17.04.2009 - 06:19
bard
----
11.05.2009 - 19:54
Valentin B
Iconoclast
What's with these guys? they used to be my favorite band, but their last two albums are really poor, "Between Two Worlds" can't hold a candle to "Always Will Be" or "The Fallen One"

their first 4 albums were excellent, the 5th one is ok, but the last 2 show they are rapidly running out of ideas and Stefan leaving was a really bad thing for the band. i hope he reconsiders 'cause the riffs and solo's just don't sound like they did.