Metal Storm logo
Abruptum

19.08.2007 - 22:09
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Abruptum, the great Atmospheric Black metal/Dark Ambient band created by IT and ALL. They made 4 Full-Lengths and then was Disbanded in 2005. The music is still some of the most atmospheric BM I can think of.
20.08.2007 - 08:09
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I read somewhere that "IT" is a midget. Is that true?

I'm being serious BTW...
20.08.2007 - 13:19
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
And pretty hairy? Just kidding.

I heard Evil Genious by them but wasn't really impressed. I'll go back to it though.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.08.2007 - 18:16
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by Dangerboner on 20.08.2007 at 08:09

I read somewhere that "IT" is a midget. Is that true?

I'm being serious BTW...

No, he's just pretty short (around 4ft 10 maybe).
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
20.08.2007 - 23:11
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
haha well, over here you're legally a midget if you're under 5 feet tall.

That's so grim though...
21.08.2007 - 00:26
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Not to be harsh or anything, but I think that Abruptum is just absolutely boring. The music just sounds bland and repetitive and it makes me want to fall asleep. The one good thing is that the song titles are in Latin, so kudos to that.
21.08.2007 - 14:31
Infurnace
I've heard of this band before, but never really heard any of their songs yet, so I'll go look for some.
22.08.2007 - 12:35
Vakshay
Account deleted
I have 'Vi Sonus Negarae Malitaes' but I haven't listened to more than 5-10 minutes of it yet. I think its ridiculous to have an hour long song, if you decide to stop it then it's near impossible to find where you're up to on a regular cd player, and you'd never listen to the whole thing in one sitting.
16.10.2011 - 15:34
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 21.08.2007 at 00:26

Not to be harsh or anything, but I think that Abruptum is just absolutely boring. The music just sounds bland and repetitive and it makes me want to fall asleep. The one good thing is that the song titles are in Latin, so kudos to that.

I don't know if you care about it but their latest is quite brilliant Noise... Nothing related to metal though, just Noise.
I just ordered it Bellum is one of the best scary songs of this year.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
16.10.2011 - 17:57
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 16.10.2011 at 15:34

Written by Guest on 21.08.2007 at 00:26

I don't know if you care about it but their latest is quite brilliant Noise... Nothing related to metal though, just Noise.
I just ordered it Bellum is one of the best scary songs of this year.

When I read you telling about Abruptum's "latest" I immediately went to metal-archives to see what were you talking about... THAT, I didn't see it coming... and now that I hear it's pure noise, sweeet...
16.10.2011 - 20:30
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 16.10.2011 at 17:57

When I read you telling about Abruptum's "latest" I immediately went to metal-archives to see what were you talking about... THAT, I didn't see it coming... and now that I hear it's pure noise, sweeet...

Well, if you like harsh and unsetting noise then you will probably like it. Nothing too original but it's extremely well done imo. The first time I listened to it I was really scared even though I was still surfing and chatting with people... Can't wait to get my copy and blast it full volume alone in completely darkness.

The only things I've heard from Abruptum atm is "Im Umbra Malitiae..." and the compilation "Evil Genius" and I didn't really like them that much but Potestates Apocalypsis really caught me off guard.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.10.2011 - 14:14
Vombatus
Potorro
My favorite would be De Profundis Mors Vas Consumet. Perfect balance between the first song (in old style) and the two other noise tracks.

I know they split up... but on MA they put their status "active", an error or just some good news ?
18.10.2011 - 09:00
Savopipo
It's an interesting project. I've heard some of it but the "latest" flew under my radar so I have to check that out. I believe I read somewhere that Morgan from Marduk was involved in it at some time (EDIT: I checked and it seems he's the only current member but he calls himself Evil for this project) and yes below five feet is considered "little people" in Sweden too and that's where the project originates from.
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com