Metal Storm logo
Survivor And Jimi Jamison Albums Ranked

Thumbs up: 0
Albums ranked by the great AOR band Survivor. Also for the fun of it included Jimi Jamisons solo records as one of them actually was released under the name Survivor.

For me there are very few bands that can compete with Survivor when it comes to the sheer quality of hit tracks.. Eye of the Tiger, Burning Heart, I Can't Hold Back, The Search is Over, Didn't Know It was Love, Rebel Son, Man Against the World and the list goes on. They are not however only a "best of" band as they have lots of deep cuts that are top quality on all their records

Sadly Survivor died out at their peak but Peterik continued the legacy with Pride of Lions in great fashion. Will be coming up as the next list

Created by: majormalfunction | 11.07.2021

1. Survivor - Vital Signs (1984 Rating: 9 Top picks: I Can't Hold Back, The Search is Over, Broken Promises)
2. Jimi Jamison's Survivor - Empires (1999 Rating: 9 Top picks: Empires, Cry Tough, Calling America)
3. Survivor - When Seconds Count (1986 Rating: 8 Top picks: Rebel Son, Oceans, Man Against the World)
4. Survivor - Too Hot to Sleep (1988 Rating: 8 Top picks: Too Hot to Sleep, Didn't Know It was Love, Burning Bridges)
5. Survivor - Caught in the Game (1983 Rating: 8 Top picks: Santa And Winds, I Never Stopped Loving You, Half-Life)
6. Jimi Jamison - Crossroads Moment (2008 Rating: 7 Top picks: Battersea, Behind the Music, Lost)
7. Survivor - Eye of the Tiger (1982 Rating: 6 Top picks: Eye of the Tiger, American Heartbeat, Ever Since the World Began)
8. Survivor - Premonition (1981 Rating: 6 Top picks: Poor Mans's Son, Chevy Nights, Light of a Thousand Smile)
9. Survivor - Survivor (1979 Rating: 6 Top picks: Youngblood, Somewhere in America, Can't Getcha Offa My Mind)
10. Jimi Jamison - When Love Comes Down (1991 Rating: 5 Top picks: Taste of Love, Rock Hard,)
11. Survivor - Reach (2006 Rating: 5 Top picks: Fire Makes Steel, One More Chance, I Don't)
12. Jimi Jamison - Never too Late (2012 Rating: 5 Top picks: Street Survivor, I Can't Turn Back, Heaven Call Your Name)
13. Kimball Jamison - Kimball Jamison (2011 Rating: 3 Top picks: Chasing Euphoria)

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by majormalfunction ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 4   Visited by: 8 users
11.07.2021 - 14:23
JoHn Doe
You got some wrong years with the Survivor albums
When Seconds Count is from 1986
Too Hot to Sleep is from 1988
Reach is from 2006.

I like classic Survivor, I listen to them every once in a while.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
11.07.2021 - 22:46
majormalfunction
Written by JoHn Doe on 11.07.2021 at 14:23

You got some wrong years with the Survivor albums
When Seconds Count is from 1986
Too Hot to Sleep is from 1988
Reach is from 2006.

Thanks. Fixed.

Written by JoHn Doe on 11.07.2021 at 14:23

I like classic Survivor, I listen to them every once in a while.

Nice! At least for me they are one of those perfect summer nights band, can't go wrong with a couple of beers while spinning Caught in the Game
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
12.02.2022 - 00:01
JoHn Doe
Just discovered a band Jamison was in; it's called Cobra, very catchy and enjoyable melodic hard rock.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Strike_(album)
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
12.02.2022 - 10:27
majormalfunction
Written by JoHn Doe on 12.02.2022 at 00:01

Just discovered a band Jamison was in; it's called Cobra, very catchy and enjoyable melodic hard rock.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Strike_(album)

Gonna check it out, thanks!
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands

Hits total: 247 | This month: 3