Metal Storm logo
Shoutbox spam

08.09.2021 - 14:17
Liafev
There's a heated conversation that has been going on in the shoutbox for several days now, and most people don't understand nor care for it. It'd be nice if we could move it here and leave the shoutbox for what it's for: talking about music.
08.09.2021 - 14:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Liafev on 08.09.2021 at 14:17

There's a heated conversation that has been going on in the shoutbox for several days now, and most people don't understand nor care for it. It'd be nice if we could move it here and leave the shoutbox for what it's for: talking about music.

Well SB is place where we talk about anything, I dont see anything and if there are insults or hate speach, staffers take care about it. So I dont see anything wrong there
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.09.2021 - 14:44
Desha
delicious dish

shoutbox isn't just for music and who cares and also why complain about it on a forum thread? Doesn't seem like the conversation is still going so
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
08.09.2021 - 14:48
Liafev
Written by Desha on 08.09.2021 at 14:44

shoutbox isn't just for music and who cares and also why complain about it on a forum thread? Doesn't seem like the conversation is still going so

Corrupt just posted 4 messages about it in the shoutbox, it's still going on
Moving it to a thread puts somewhere where the handful of people who care about it can talk about it without flooding the shoutbox that has plenty of thousand times more interesting stuff in it.
08.09.2021 - 14:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Liafev on 08.09.2021 at 14:48

Written by Desha on 08.09.2021 at 14:44

Moving it to a thread puts somewhere where the handful of people who care about it can talk about it without flooding the shoutbox that has plenty of thousand times more interesting stuff in it.

Thats the idea of shoutbox, in that case why not shut it off. There are no shoutbox rules, you can talk about booze, sex life, puking, food poisoning, life, your work, work party, first crush, what time you do shower, your car, your money spending habits and so on
----

apos;'
[image]
08.09.2021 - 14:55
Liafev
I mean sure, if that's how you guys wanna see it. I just thought the community on MS was above pointless fights going on for days in a place where hundreds of people who don't care have to read everything.
When I want to see kids fight, I go on Facebook, MS is normally my breath of mature and interesting talks.. These days it's not at all.
08.09.2021 - 15:10
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin

Wait, you mean my exchange with k7? What's your gripe there? I thought you were referring to what happened in the last two days
----
08.09.2021 - 15:31
Liafev
Written by corrupt on 08.09.2021 at 15:10

Wait, you mean my exchange with k7? What's your gripe there? I thought you were referring to what happened in the last two days

I am. Sorry if I misunderstood you messages from today then.
08.09.2021 - 15:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by corrupt on 08.09.2021 at 15:10

What's your gripe there?

I have same question ....
----

apos;'
[image]
08.09.2021 - 15:35
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Written by Liafev on 08.09.2021 at 15:31
I am. Sorry if I misunderstood you messages from today then.

No worries
I was purely responding to k7 asking when I'd create my OnlyFans post a picture of me online.
----
08.09.2021 - 15:39
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Dude... SB is literally the place to talk shit. It is supposed to be more free than the pub

That being said, I like the idea of discussing on a thread instead, because this way it stays documented.
So, from now on... Please open a thread to start a high-spirited discussion.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
08.09.2021 - 15:46
Liafev
Written by corrupt on 08.09.2021 at 15:35

No worries
I was purely responding to k7 asking when I'd create my OnlyFans post a picture of me online.

Haha, perfectly fine with that!
08.09.2021 - 15:47
Liafev
Written by Karlabos on 08.09.2021 at 15:39

Dude... SB is literally the place to talk shit. It is supposed to be more free than the pub

That being said, I like the idea of discussing on a thread instead, because this way it stays documented.

Yeah overall that makes sense. It just felt to me that at this point there was (is?) a conversation only amongst a very little group of people, and it kept coming back in between other interesting messages / conversations. It started making the whole SB thread annoying to me.
08.09.2021 - 15:49
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff

Okay, but the all-important question is, do you like your popcorn sweet or salty?
----
signatures = SPAM
08.09.2021 - 15:49
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Liafev on 08.09.2021 at 15:47

Yeah overall that makes sense. It just felt to me that at this point there was (is?) a conversation only amongst a very little group of people, and it kept coming back in between other interesting messages / conversations. It started making the whole SB thread annoying to me.

Yeah, that's why the mods intervened. Worry not, when that happens it doesn't last long

Written by Starvynth on 08.09.2021 at 15:49

Okay, but the all-important question is, do you like your popcorn sweet or salty?

Sweetly salty?
----
- Reimu Hakurei
08.09.2021 - 15:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 08.09.2021 at 15:49

Yeah, that's why the mods intervened. Worry not, when that happens it doesn't last long

Dont listen it, do you like your beer dark or light?
----

apos;'
[image]
08.09.2021 - 15:51
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Bad English on 08.09.2021 at 15:50

Dont listen it, do you like your beer dark or light?

Yes!
----
- Reimu Hakurei
08.09.2021 - 16:02
Liafev

Sounds good. Sorry I got frustrated then, I'll leave in your hands next time.
08.09.2021 - 16:02
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Written by Liafev on 08.09.2021 at 15:47
It just felt to me that at this point there was (is?) a conversation only amongst a very little group of people, and it kept coming back in between other interesting messages / conversations. It started making the whole SB thread annoying to me.

I know what you mean, but that has always been the shoutbox. Granted it's become pretty quiet in there in recent years but there were times were you actively had to pay attention no to miss messages for your part of the conversation. That's both the beauty and the ugliness of it.
It's like a good party. Everybody shouts and you have to really concentrate to follow your particular conversation.

Which is not to say everything's game, of course. But Nik already intervened when things became too heated and I trust my mod
----
08.09.2021 - 16:39
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Liafev on 08.09.2021 at 16:02

Sounds good. Sorry I got frustrated then, I'll leave in your hands next time.

Actually, I'm not staff. I'm just a regular user, but yeah, you can leave it on staff's hands.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
08.09.2021 - 20:06
nikarg
Staff

Late to the party but just read this thread and what was said today in the shoutbox. It is not always easy to keep the peace and Mods are not always online. Also, the shoutbox is supposed to be a lot freer in its content than the threads. However, the conversation between BE and corrupt was indeed entirely different to the one your post is referring.

The "ignore" button, as Zap suggested in the shoutbox, is always a solution. Sometimes I wish I could have that option too.
08.09.2021 - 21:53
Paradoxical
Is this going to be included in the Drama of the year category?
08.09.2021 - 23:11
nikarg
Staff
Written by Paradoxical on 08.09.2021 at 21:53

Nah, we have far more interesting stuff there
08.09.2021 - 23:42
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Written by Paradoxical on 08.09.2021 at 21:53

Seriously? Liafev brought something to our attention that he felt was a problem. He was then, through arguments, convinced otherwise and not only did he accept that but he was happy to better understand what happened. In my book that is *exactly* how communication should work: Speak your mind but don't be your opinion.
Throwing drama labels at anything that needs communication to understand creates an atmosphere where people are afraid to ask questions, or at least afraid of trying their own reasoning against that. That's something a community should avoid at all cost, if you ask me. Especially one as diverse as Metal Storm's.
----
14.09.2021 - 17:56
Skøllgrim
Northern
Written by Starvynth on 08.09.2021 at 15:49

Salty, anything else is sacrilege.
23.09.2021 - 17:30
Liafev
Written by corrupt on 08.09.2021 at 23:42

Seriously? Liafev brought something to our attention that he felt was a problem. He was then, through arguments, convinced otherwise and not only did he accept that but he was happy to better understand what happened. In my book that is *exactly* how communication should work: Speak your mind but don't be your opinion.
Throwing drama labels at anything that needs communication to understand creates an atmosphere where people are afraid to ask questions, or at least afraid of trying their own reasoning against that. That's something a community should avoid at all cost, if you ask me. Especially one as diverse as Metal Storm's.

Didn't come back to you on that, but that's definitely the kind of smart content I like to read over here. Thanks