Metal Storm logo
Delain - New Album In The Making

For the last couple of weeks, Dutch symphonic metal act Delain have been working on their next studio album. So far, the recordings of guitars and drums have been completed.

Martijn Westerholt states: ''A big "Hello" from Delain studios! After Sander's drum recordings last month, it's Ronald's turn to hit the studio for guitar recordings! Next week Martijn and Guus will head out of town for a dedicated writing week.''

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Delain
Posted: 28.09.2021 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   Visited by: 151 users
28.09.2021 - 14:32
Liafev
I'm confused now. Earlier this year it became a solo project, but now they are 3 in the members list here on MS, and even 4 on the picture. Was there some ugly drama in the spilt earlier this year ?
28.09.2021 - 14:59
JoHn Doe
Who's singing or are they gonna have guests?!
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
28.09.2021 - 15:26
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by JoHn Doe on 28.09.2021 at 14:59

Who's singing or are they gonna have guests?!

The only thing that is absolutely certain is that it will not be Glennis Grace.
----
signatures = SPAM
28.09.2021 - 23:04
Elisyon
"Delain"
28.09.2021 - 23:16
FeskarN
This is not Delain anymore, it's something else..
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
29.09.2021 - 04:31
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
It's funny how people think their favorite hot female singer leaving a band makes it "not the band" anymore, even when the singer had little to nothing to do with writing. Symphonic metal fans are the worst, sitting around drooling over female singers simply for their looks, ignoring the music, and then endlessly bitching and moaning whenever their precious eye candy is no longer in the band. Go ahead and deny it, try telling me you like it for the music. Go visit any symphonic metal group and count how many of the posts are literally nothing more than a picture of the singer in a revealing outfit. Yeah, they sure love the music.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
29.09.2021 - 08:51
@SoUnDs Like PoP. Stop with the self righteous crap. It makes you look like foolish. Maybe you're projecting here, pal. Maybe you're a woman. Dont matter. You definitely dont know what you're talking about.. Beautiful women vocalists are part of the attraction. 99% dress classy..sometimes sexy. Never slutty. The music keeps you around. Female fronted symphonic bands draw men AND women in. Probably more women. If none of them could sing, the genre wouldn't still be around. The musicianship and composing is always top notch.
These women are some of the most talented in the world, no matter the genre. Are they beautiful...Of course. No band hires an ugly front woman. Look, it just seems like you trying to pick a fight with someone. There are a small percentage of guys everywhere who are going to say juvenile shit. In my opinion, symphonic metal fans are among the most knowledgeable, loyal, and best people around. When a longtime singer leaves one of these bands, it hurts. There's a fierce connection with each bands fans. I have a feeling you know nothing about the genre. Why dont you check out this link and post a reply. See what you think...https://youtu.be/JYjIlHWBAVo
29.09.2021 - 10:07
Trey
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 29.09.2021 at 04:31

It's funny how people think their favorite hot female singer leaving a band makes it "not the band" anymore....

Actually in this case its not only the female singer but majority of the band who is gone. I don't care about symphonic metal forums and hot singer pics, I saw Delain live two times and liked them as a band, their performance as a band was great. I don't expect this new "back to the project model" will be better, but for sure will be different. Plus the fact, that Westerholt is not really into touring and gigs, I'd say the chance to see them live again is slightly lower. All together - it sucks :/
29.09.2021 - 17:14
Duck Dodgers

It's funny how people think their favorite hot female singer leaving a band makes it "not the band" anymore, even when the singer had little to nothing to do with writing. Symphonic metal fans are the worst, sitting around drooling over female singers simply for their looks, ignoring the music, and then endlessly bitching and moaning whenever their precious eye candy is no longer in the band. Go ahead and deny it, try telling me you like it for the music. Go visit any symphonic metal group and count how many of the posts are literally nothing more than a picture of the singer in a revealing outfit. Yeah, they sure love the music.

Tuomas? Is that you?
29.09.2021 - 19:34
Icedburden

Lol incel rage
----
Born Out Of Hate, Descending Upon The Earth
29.09.2021 - 22:21
Ruchesko

It's funny how people think their favorite hot female singer leaving a band makes it "not the band" anymore, even when the singer had little to nothing to do with writing.

Yup, Wessels's MA in Gender Studies had zero influence on the academic jargon-filled We Are The Others. Silly boy.
30.09.2021 - 04:12
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by riverdragon17 on 29.09.2021 at 08:51

@SoUnDs Like PoP. Stop with the self righteous crap. It makes you look like foolish. Maybe you're projecting here, pal. Maybe you're a woman. Dont matter. You definitely dont know what you're talking about.. Beautiful women vocalists are part of the attraction. 99% dress classy..sometimes sexy. Never slutty. The music keeps you around. Female fronted symphonic bands draw men AND women in. Probably more women. If none of them could sing, the genre wouldn't still be around. The musicianship and composing is always top notch.
These women are some of the most talented in the world, no matter the genre. Are they beautiful...Of course. No band hires an ugly front woman. Look, it just seems like you trying to pick a fight with someone. There are a small percentage of guys everywhere who are going to say juvenile shit. In my opinion, symphonic metal fans are among the most knowledgeable, loyal, and best people around. When a longtime singer leaves one of these bands, it hurts. There's a fierce connection with each bands fans. I have a feeling you know nothing about the genre. Why dont you check out this link and post a reply. See what you think...https://youtu.be/JYjIlHWBAVo

Literally nowhere did I even comment on their singing, so not sure where that came from. Self righteous? I'm not trying to white knight here. I'm simply calling a spade a spade. Many symphonic metal fans are annoying and love the singers more than they love the music itself. If that doesn't apply to you, then shrug it off and move on.
----
30.09.2021 - 04:13
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by Icedburden on 29.09.2021 at 19:34

Lol incel rage

Nope, but good attempt at wit there using the most overrused insult on the internet. Guess I hit a bit too close to home with my original post? In fact, I think it's pretty safe to say I did, seeing as your entire Pinterest page is filled with half naked women under the guise of "Fitness." (https://www.pinterest.com/icedburden/fitness/). Gee, you just really respect their uh "fitness," right? The same way you only like symphonic metal for the music Yikes dude, maybe don't be such a blatantly open perv on the internet before you go pretending not to be one...

Written by Trey on 29.09.2021 at 10:07

It's funny how people think their favorite hot female singer leaving a band makes it "not the band" anymore....

Actually in this case its not only the female singer but majority of the band who is gone. I don't care about symphonic metal forums and hot singer pics, I saw Delain live two times and liked them as a band, their performance as a band was great. I don't expect this new "back to the project model" will be better, but for sure will be different. Plus the fact, that Westerholt is not really into touring and gigs, I'd say the chance to see them live again is slightly lower. All together - it sucks :/

I've seen them twice, as well. Charlotte was a great fit for the band. But I'm still willing to see what Martijn can pen out before I write the band off. He was the original mastermind, and I think anyone who truly enjoys Delain's music should at least be open-minded to the possibility that what he does moving forward could be great.
----
30.09.2021 - 09:12
nikarg
Staff
@SoUnDs LiKe PoP: You already made your opinion known when you commented on this news piece. If you have something to say about online symphonic metal fan club members, go say it to them, this is Metal Storm and your comment is an unfounded generalisation based on nothing that the members have posted.

@Icedburden: "Incel" is not an acceptable word here.
01.10.2021 - 06:34
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by nikarg on 30.09.2021 at 09:12

@SoUnDs LiKe PoP: You already made your opinion known when you commented on this news piece. If you have something to say about online symphonic metal fan club members, go say it to them, this is Metal Storm and your comment is an unfounded generalisation based on nothing that the members have posted.

@Icedburden: "Incel" is not an acceptable word here.

I can respect that you're trying to cool things down and all, but since when is stating an opinion more than once (especially in two separate threads) considered out of line? I see people repeat the same tired opinions about the same bands and genres on a daily basis here, as do you. If I were spamming it everywhere, I'd get it, but calling out a single repetition seems odd. With that said, I'll reserve speaking out on the issue again for if somebody actually expresses the opinion.. but let's just be honest here, nobody is going to ever come outright and admit to it.
----
01.10.2021 - 08:31
nikarg
Staff
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 01.10.2021 at 06:34

I can respect that you're trying to cool things down and all, but since when is stating an opinion more than once (especially in two separate threads) considered out of line? I see people repeat the same tired opinions about the same bands and genres on a daily basis here, as do you. If I were spamming it everywhere, I'd get it, but calling out a single repetition seems odd. With that said, I'll reserve speaking out on the issue again for if somebody actually expresses the opinion.. but let's just be honest here, nobody is going to ever come outright and admit to it.

I am not calling out the repetition. It is the fact that your comment is addressed to opinions that have not been voiced here at all. You are talking about fans from other forums/fan clubs. I have not seen a single post of sexy photos of female symphonic singers here on this news piece (or the other one mentioning every band member but Martijn leaving) and I have not seen anyone "drooling" for that matter. Making an incendiary comment that is disrespectful to symphonic metal fans in this forum, when no one has given you any reason to do so, is what I am calling out.
03.10.2021 - 05:22
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by nikarg on 01.10.2021 at 08:31

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 01.10.2021 at 06:34

I am not calling out the repetition. It is the fact that your comment is addressed to opinions that have not been voiced here at all. You are talking about fans from other forums/fan clubs. I have not seen a single post of sexy photos of female symphonic singers here on this news piece (or the other one mentioning every band member but Martijn leaving) and I have not seen anyone "drooling" for that matter. Making an incendiary comment that is disrespectful to symphonic metal fans in this forum, when no one has given you any reason to do so, is what I am calling out.

I get it, it just seems a tad inconsistent with the type of opinions about genres and fans alike that get posted here on a regular basis. Is what it is, though.
----
03.10.2021 - 10:30
nikarg
Staff
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 03.10.2021 at 05:22

I get it, it just seems a tad inconsistent with the type of opinions about genres and fans alike that get posted here on a regular basis. Is what it is, though.

I don't want to go any more off topic but I also don't like to leave this unresolved and I'd hate it if we were inconsistent in the way we deal with these things. If you want, we can continue this discussion via PM. If you have seen something similar in the forum not being addressed, please let me -or anyone from the staff- know. We are not here 24/7 and we may miss things.
03.10.2021 - 18:09
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by nikarg on 03.10.2021 at 10:30

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 03.10.2021 at 05:22

I don't want to go any more off topic but I also don't like to leave this unresolved and I'd hate it if we were inconsistent in the way we deal with these things. If you want, we can continue this discussion via PM. If you have seen something similar in the forum not being addressed, please let me -or anyone from the staff- know. We are not here 24/7 and we may miss things.

Appreciated, but it's no biggie. Let's just leave it at I think we should give the "new" Delain a chance.
----

Hits total: 3119 | This month: 10