Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom

Original post

Posted by Warman, 02.09.2007 - 15:49
New thread for CoB.

Last discussion was about the new song, "Tie My Rope", and the upcoming album of course.

Continue the discussion!
14.10.2007 - 05:19
Mustis
Account deleted
thay are good, old albums was kick ass albums, really great, new albums still good but i like more older style. the new song i like a lot is in your face and if you want peace prepare for war, but my favirite songs are lake bodom, toward dead end and that kind of cob songs
14.10.2007 - 16:50
Gabbetheevil
Account deleted
they rules:P they are good player at the instruments they play
15.10.2007 - 00:42
COB fan
Account deleted
I love the old and the new CoB
21.10.2007 - 01:06
Remus
Written by [user id=26400] on 15.10.2007 at 00:42

I love the old and the new CoB

My friend, read the rules of posting!

You can't just say you like them, you must say WHY you like them.

Now try again!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
21.10.2007 - 05:02
O p e t h
Account deleted
the old albums are more death than the last . i dont like the last album but when i bought the double live, the played the songs great but only in the live. i think they must find the old way! alexi has big talent and he did amazing work
21.10.2007 - 06:02
Crimson91
Account deleted
Actually I think all their albums upto HateCrew Deathroll are quite good. When they started they were quite unique, and changed their sound naturally over the years. THeir lyrics however are absolute bullshit. Its good, fast (until recently) and kick ass metal .
21.10.2007 - 10:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=3131] on 21.10.2007 at 05:02

the old albums are more death than the last . i dont like the last album but when i bought the double live, the played the songs great but only in the live. i think they must find the old way! alexi has big talent and he did amazing work

THAY NEVER HAD PLAYED DEATH METAL!
Even how muc it sounds death its not death its extreme power something like that
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.10.2007 - 18:51
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Written by Bad English on 21.10.2007 at 10:03

Even how muc it sounds death its not death its extreme power something like that

Melodic death metal, that's what it is my friend.
----
You'll never walk alone.
21.10.2007 - 19:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernotar on 21.10.2007 at 18:51

Exterme power metal becaus emelo death are Tark Tranq, At The Gates and so on death dont use keybored (only Nocturnus)
----

apos;'
[image]
21.10.2007 - 22:34
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
I agree with K7, though i think that are some similarities between Extreme Power Metal and Melodeath.
22.10.2007 - 05:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I dont see how Bodom are melodeath in any way. Ok, maybe the first few albums, but as of late theres nothing death about them, in fact, some of there stuff almost sounds rock n roll.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.10.2007 - 10:41
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Bassist Henkka T. Blacksmith has checked in with the following studio update:

"Still working with the guitars? Due to some schedule things we will do rhythm guitar tracks completely, and then continue with melodies and solos. When those are done we will start recording the low ends, bass tracks!!! Everything works fine, and the guitar sound is really good, we are very pleased with that!"
24.10.2007 - 09:51
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Bad English on 21.10.2007 at 19:59

Written by Ernotar on 21.10.2007 at 18:51

Exterme power metal becaus emelo death are Tark Tranq, At The Gates and so on death dont use keybored (only Nocturnus)

Ahh the classic MS genre discussion...well I agree with K7. I consider them 'extreme power metal' and not 'melodic death metal'. To me it's pretty obvious that if you replaced the harsh vocals with clean vocals COB would be like any other average PM band (maybe not lyricwise but that's irrelevant)
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
24.10.2007 - 18:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Written by GT on 24.10.2007 at 09:51

[

Ahh the classic MS genre discussion...well I agree with K7. I consider them 'extreme power metal' and not 'melodic death metal'. To me it's pretty obvious that if you replaced the harsh vocals with clean vocals COB would be like any other average PM band (maybe not lyricwise but that's irrelevant)

All who think its melo death metal go and READ ARTICLE ABOUT DEATH METAL!!@!!!@@@!!!!!
----

apos;'
[image]
24.10.2007 - 23:55
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Children Of Bodom IS Extreme Power Metal. period
25.10.2007 - 16:21
COB fan
Account deleted
sry my mistake xD

well I started listening CoB when I was about 12 I think. first it was because of the guitar riffs, latter on the lyrics.
10.11.2007 - 14:45
Remus
^ It's cool

@ the people sustaining they play mello-death:

Just because they have melodies and they scream DOES NOT make them melodic death. Amon Amarth is mellodic death metal. Does it sound anything like CoB? Nope.

Anyway, arguing is pointless. If you like a band you like a band, you don't have to categorise it.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
10.11.2007 - 15:54
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
I agree. If we like a band, we don't have to categorise it, but i think it's always good to know what we are listening. For example, if we like Children Of Bodom and we ask a person what is he hearing, and he answers: Children Of Bodom. If we respond: Great brutal death metal band! This is at least a monstrosity. Yeah i know that i gave a stupid example, but i already saw some scenes like this.
27.11.2007 - 17:58
Finicella
Account deleted
I even heard that Children of Bodom played "Black Metal"... I don't know who said that but I was quite amused. :3
For me it's Power Metal. But I don't care about that. ^^

I listened to them a while but I got bored... This doesn't mean that they're bad, but it's... well, mostly the same and... I don't know, I just can't hear them anymore. :/
28.11.2007 - 01:39
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=27150] on 27.11.2007 at 17:58

I even heard that Children of Bodom played "Black Metal"... I don't know who said that but I was quite amused. :3

Andrew WK
----
- George Carlin
28.11.2007 - 02:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 28.11.2007 at 01:39

Andrew WK

its parody I never understand how ppl lie him, its even not a metal ... MT2 show sit offen
----

apos;'
[image]
28.11.2007 - 02:19
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Bad English on 28.11.2007 at 02:10

Written by Doc G. on 28.11.2007 at 01:39

Andrew WK

its parody I never understand how ppl lie him, its even not a metal ... MT2 show sit offen

Andrew WK is sweet, hes fun, thats why people like him.
----
- George Carlin
30.11.2007 - 19:35
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Dont people get tired of this band? I mean, it was fun in the first few albums but face it.... I does get old, even the CD covers just repeat themselves but with a grinreaper in a diferent color (is the next going to be a pink grinreaper?)

When I first heard their songs I really enjoyed them, but after the 3rd album it all sounded old... And now they have pushed things too far, and became as cheezy as you can get
----
01.12.2007 - 14:17
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by 4look4rd on 30.11.2007 at 19:35

Dont people get tired of this band? I mean, it was fun in the first few albums but face it.... I does get old, even the CD covers just repeat themselves but with a grinreaper in a diferent color (is the next going to be a pink grinreaper?)

When I first heard their songs I really enjoyed them, but after the 3rd album it all sounded old... And now they have pushed things too far, and became as cheezy as you can get

Honestly, i'm getting tired of this band (one of the most overrated bands at the moment imo), but if they release a good album, then i'll see...
01.12.2007 - 16:04
Timsen
Account deleted
I'm curious in their new album. With "Are You Dead Yet?" they hit their rock bottom.
I'd like to see more melodic songs such as they played on "Hatebreeder". Their newer
stuff is based on poor, rotten lyrics sadly...
01.12.2007 - 17:25
FOOCK Nam
The album Are You Dead Yet disappoints me. Though not much bad, cause they still keep their music traits "melodic". hope the upcoming stuff is good as masterpiece Follow The Reaper, Hatebreeder...
02.12.2007 - 06:19
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
yeh, i dont think theres anyway that CoB's new album will be anything like Hatebreeder, Follow The Reaper etc. as much as id love it to be...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
02.12.2007 - 06:44
VPeter
this band has had it's best time. the first 3 albums were good and showed how good of guitar player Alexi was, unfortunally it also showed how much of an egotripper and an awefull vocalist and lyric writer he is. It didn't really bother during the first 3 albums but it started to rise more and more afterwards and as absolute downpiont Are you Dead yet? And I have little hope for the new album, Tie Mine Rope already shows a bad indication.... alltough it's better then In Your Face.
03.12.2007 - 09:54
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
The second episode of Children Of Bodom's COBTV to Petrax Studios (in Hollola, Finland) for special coverage of the recording sessions for the band's sixth album, "Blooddrunk" is now online. You can watch the six-minute clip at this location.
03.12.2007 - 15:38
VPeter
Written by [user id=26446] on 03.12.2007 at 03:57

Depends on the individual, I have always loved Laiho's voice and always respected his immense talent for playing the guitar despite them making 2 weak albums in a row now, and nothing they ever do will be anything even close to the first 3 albums because they are all classics and they have gone in a totally new direction, it's just like with Satyricon and how they sound now (totally different to before 1997) wishing for the good old days won't bring them back it's over and gone so you gotta deal with it.

Personally I am really worried that Blooddrunk is gonna be even worse than Are You Dead Yet? which is why I probably will not buy it, just download it for free but then again maybe Laiho will surprise me and pull something huge out.

It's a shame really cause Norther and Kalmah get stronger and stronger and Bodom gets weaker as time passes, it makes me kinda sad to think of it but it's true.

there are 2 types of changes
1: good changes
2: bad changes

CoB did the second one, the numetal parts in there new albums screw up Alexi's guitar work completly.
Satyricon's change from symphonic/melodic black to technical black metal was a good one.
to be honest I really don't understand why people keep comparing Kalmah and Norther to CoB.
yes Kalmah and Norther have power elements, but they are really melodic death while CoB is more extreme power with harsh vocals.