Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom

Original post

Posted by Warman, 02.09.2007 - 15:49
New thread for CoB.

Last discussion was about the new song, "Tie My Rope", and the upcoming album of course.

Continue the discussion!
31.01.2008 - 10:35
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I actually like the 'Are You Dead Yet'-song better than this new one...I find the new a little boring and lacking energy...hmm. Well I won't judge the new album based on just this one song, so I'll just have to wait to see...still like the cover
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
31.01.2008 - 17:43
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well iti didint' sound that bad you know.... But I certainly was expecting more speed.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
01.02.2008 - 21:49
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Children Of Bodom played an awesome gig last night at Spinefeast Metalcruise. They only played for an hour, but every moment was pure gold. Tie My Rope sounded good live. Because of the short time they had for playing, they mostly concentrated on the well-known songs like Are You Dead Yet and Needled 24/7.

This morning Alexi seemed to have a bit of a hangover. He was sitting near us at the breakfast and hardly ate anything. Roope seemed to be enjoying the rest of the cruise though, at one of the bars on the ship.
----
You'll never walk alone.
02.02.2008 - 06:55
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Both of the new songs that ive heard sound awesome, i can't wait for the new album.
02.02.2008 - 06:57
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Interesting I just spotted this topic, I'm listening to their 'Follow the Reaper' album on yotube. It's amazing how many songs you can find, and even entire albums, albeit song by song. Anyway, I now remember why I used to be into this band a bit. Ear candy really, but fun nonetheless.
----
The force will be with you, always.
02.02.2008 - 18:45
Vunts
Written by [user id=2943] on 29.01.2008 at 18:37

Written by [user id=20536] on 29.01.2008 at 16:28

Written by [user id=2943] on 29.01.2008 at 15:21

and seeing that they attract fans who spell rocks as "rawks"... well...

Who gives a crap? What makes you so much better than them? Your "better than thou" complex?

I didn't say I'm better, I just hate internet slang, and people who spell things like this: "hawt", "rawk" and "teh" are usually into trendy crap like indie and emo. Just an observation.

And I say those people are in two categories.
1. The people who really can't speak/type normally (I personally call it the WoW syndrome though, because it's catchy)
2. The people who have a sense of humour and make fun of the rawkers by speaking the same way and laughing out loud on the inside.

Telling a difference between the two is where problems occur. I myself consider to be in the number 2 group, because I use a lot of: rawk, u, teh, suk etc when I'm talking to people who know that I'm joking and we have our own "stupid little retarded conversations" to pass time.

Fact is however, that those people don't matter shit to the music. I have had plenty of good talks with people whose knowledge of metal borders to what I tell them. Your comment about indie and emo people is just dumb though. I have heard more idiotic sentences by for example black metal fans. Plus labelling listeners of a certain music style as "people who can't speak properly" is how narrowminded people think - everything that I don't like sucks and so do everyone who like that shit.

A penny for my thoughts?
03.02.2008 - 15:16
bodomroy
there's a new song on myspace, banned from heaven. it's mid-tempo similar to everytime i die
good song
03.02.2008 - 15:20
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hehe, yeah... we've discussed it for a while...
----
03.02.2008 - 18:31
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
Written by Vunts on 02.02.2008 at 18:45

Written by [user id=2943] on 29.01.2008 at 18:37

Written by [user id=20536] on 29.01.2008 at 16:28

Written by [user id=2943] on 29.01.2008 at 15:21

and seeing that they attract fans who spell rocks as "rawks"... well...

Who gives a crap? What makes you so much better than them? Your "better than thou" complex?

I didn't say I'm better, I just hate internet slang, and people who spell things like this: "hawt", "rawk" and "teh" are usually into trendy crap like indie and emo. Just an observation.

And I say those people are in two categories.
1. The people who really can't speak/type normally (I personally call it the WoW syndrome though, because it's catchy)
2. The people who have a sense of humour and make fun of the rawkers by speaking the same way and laughing out loud on the inside.

Telling a difference between the two is where problems occur. I myself consider to be in the number 2 group, because I use a lot of: rawk, u, teh, suk etc when I'm talking to people who know that I'm joking and we have our own "stupid little retarded conversations" to pass time.

Fact is however, that those people don't matter shit to the music. I have had plenty of good talks with people whose knowledge of metal borders to what I tell them. Your comment about indie and emo people is just dumb though. I have heard more idiotic sentences by for example black metal fans. Plus labelling listeners of a certain music style as "people who can't speak properly" is how narrowminded people think - everything that I don't like sucks and so do everyone who like that shit.

A penny for my thoughts?

Those people do matter to the music, as fans are a direct reflection of the music. Just observing the way fans of certain music type on the internet there is quite a clear pattern, similar to the way fans of different music dress in real life. I'm not saying you should judge people by the way they look, but unfortunately you can most of the time. And yes, I am very narrowminded and intolerant, and I hate internet and text speak: If you can speak or write English properly then you should do it. I also hate Americanisms like "ass": it's "arse".
03.02.2008 - 22:01
Vunts
Okay, the way a person looks...I wear baggy pants most of the time, sometimes jeans, sometimes from other material (I feel comfortable with them). I like red t-shirts and I have quite short hair. When a person walks up to me, he will never guess that my favorite band is Vader (unless I wear the t-shirt, that might give a hint) and my favourite music genre is funeral doom.
Superficial attributes like looks and little things like "rawk" in everyday speak don't show anything. Even scholars use these "modern" expressions to express their hatred to them. Labeling people that way is...like I said, stupid and narrow minded. But since you said you ARE narrow minded, I guess my post won't have any impact at all.
I don't remember how this even had to do with CoB, so I'm gonna divert the talk a bit.

I think both of the new songs are good. And the people who are saying "CoB are idiots, they betrayed the extreme power metal genre": yea, Laiho said he didn't like CoB to be known as an extreme power metal band. So YOU people are what forced them to change more into thrash and heavy! (joking, but maybe there is some truth in it) Nu metal? Yea, there are plenty of hip hop influences there, I can totally see em (mmm...not).
I have high expectations for the album, but I doubt it will be at the level of their earlier releases. Possibly comparable to AYDY, possibly better, but I think it will definately provide a good listening.
03.02.2008 - 22:49
Devillian
Account deleted
New song is pretty good... I like these kind of sings from CoB
Can't say thet I like Children's at all , but I hope they will give us kick ass album
07.02.2008 - 13:03
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
According to a posting on the Children Of Bodom fan site, Scythes Of Bodom, Spinefarm Records will release a digipack version of Children Of Bodom's new album, "Blooddrunk", on April 9.

All details below:

CD:
01. Hellhounds On My Trail
02. Blooddrunk
03. LoBodomy
04. One Day You Will Cry
05. Smile Pretty For The Devil
06. Tie My Rope
07. Done With Everything, Die For Nothing
08. Banned From Heaven
09. Roadkill Morning
10. Ghost Riders In The Sky

DVD:
01. Blooddrunk (video)
02. Making of the Video
03. Hellhounds On My Trail (Surround Sound)
04. Blooddrunk (Surround Sound)
05. LoBodomy (Surround Sound)
06. One Day You Will Cry (Surround Sound)
07. Smile Pretty For The Devil (Surround Sound)
08. Tie My Rope (Surround Sound)
09. Done With Everything, Die For Nothing (Surround Sound)
10. Banned From Heaven (Surround Sound)
11. Roadkill Morning (Surround Sound)
12. Photo Gallery
10.02.2008 - 07:14
Fhuesc
So far i listen 3 songs from the new album, Tie My Rope, it's decent, Blooddrunk, i didn't liked it, and Banned From Heaven it's not bad either. But i don't think that their new album will be close to the great albums of CoB.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
10.02.2008 - 21:20
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
Well I've listened to Banned From Heaven and it's much better than Tie My Rope...at least it sounds a bit more like them. But yeah, not even close to the good ol' days.
I like it though, and I can't wait to hear the new album =)
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
25.02.2008 - 10:21
Vunts
Just heard the leaked version of the album...I would be lying if I said I like it. None of the songs stuck to my head after a single listen, so there didn't seem to be any catchy melodies. The music style does seem a bit different from AYDY, so it's definitely AYDY 2, which I suppose is a good thing in itself. I will of course listen to this album more, but at the moment it feels....25% worse than AYDY (which I still think is...was the worst CoB album, because there were less good songs than on other albums)
25.02.2008 - 20:12
NOИ
I heard it too. I like it more than Are You Dead Yet? but they dont have anything new to their music. it's an average COB album with the "classic" sound. my favourite tracks are Hellhounds On My Trail and Smile Pretty For The Devil.
25.02.2008 - 20:16
m3t4lh34d
After a few good listens I feel Blooddrunk is most definitely better than AYDY.
25.02.2008 - 20:28
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by m3t4lh34d on 25.02.2008 at 20:16

After a few good listens I feel Blooddrunk is most definitely better than AYDY.

Yes same thing for me but towards the bad
25.02.2008 - 23:32
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
W00t, Blooddrunk has leaked, sounds awesome so far
26.02.2008 - 00:31
ß
Problem?
Ill get around to downloading Blooddrunk. Hopefully it's not as bad as AYDY
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
26.02.2008 - 05:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Lol. I don't think I'll get around to ripping off the band. I'll wait for the album legally.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.02.2008 - 13:33
Keoren
Account deleted
So far Blooddrunk seems boring. Few interesting parts, but not enough. Probably won't bother to take the time and let it grow.
27.02.2008 - 01:49
ß
Problem?
Written by Doc G. on 26.02.2008 at 05:20

Lol. I don't think I'll get around to ripping off the band. I'll wait for the album legally.

I just don't feel like paying for cd's especially a Bodom cd
----
27.02.2008 - 02:16
Warman
Erotic Stains

Me to man!
----
27.02.2008 - 07:09
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i downloaded the album just then and listening to it right now... not too bad no haterbreeder, but what could u expect?
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
27.02.2008 - 15:18
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I haven't downloaded the leaked album, nor will I. I'm gonna wait for the actual one to come out. Patience people... Anyway, Alexi and Janne were at one radio station yesterday and they seemed to be somewhat embarrased, when their older songs from the first two albums were played. Looks like they have moved on and think that what they create now is the best they've done by far. I know that's the case with every band, but then again, they don't make their music for the fans, they make it because they enjoy it themselves. And at least in my case, any new album needs more than one listening before I start to like it.
----
You'll never walk alone.
27.02.2008 - 16:15
m3t4lh34d
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 27.02.2008 at 07:09

not too bad no haterbreeder, but what could u expect?

My sentiments exactly.
27.02.2008 - 23:12
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by ß on 27.02.2008 at 01:49

I just don't feel like paying for cd's especially a Bodom cd

Then dont listen to the band, and dont bother praying for any world tours from a band you like.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.02.2008 - 23:36
Number Juan
uhm... the response to Blooddrunk seems interesting, definetely more towards the positive though. To those who heard it, is it reminiscent of FTR or HCDR??
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
28.02.2008 - 00:44
ß
Problem?
Its not that. If it's anything as bad as AYDY than theres no point in buying it.
----