Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom

Original post

Posted by Warman, 02.09.2007 - 15:49
New thread for CoB.

Last discussion was about the new song, "Tie My Rope", and the upcoming album of course.

Continue the discussion!
26.09.2008 - 02:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=34915] on 25.09.2008 at 21:35

how the hell would i be a poser for that? all im saying is that they're my second favorite band

Now now, lets not get offended, I personally don't give a shit either way. But generally people have a wide understanding of their favorite band before considering them a favorite band, rather than hearing 2 albums.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.09.2008 - 21:06
ChildrenofFilth
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 26.09.2008 at 02:21

how the hell would i be a poser for that? all im saying is that they're my second favorite band

Now now, lets not get offended, I personally don't give a shit either way. But generally people have a wide understanding of their favorite band before considering them a favorite band, rather than hearing 2 albums.

actually 3. they just sound great to me and thats all that matters in my opinion
07.10.2008 - 05:28
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by [user id=34915] on 26.09.2008 at 21:06

Written by Doc G. on 26.09.2008 at 02:21

actually 3. they just sound great to me and thats all that matters in my opinion

Well, you should at least have listened to all their stuff... you knwo, to confirm they sound great, and that they have lowered their level too...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
07.10.2008 - 07:47
ChildrenofFilth
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:

Well, you should at least have listened to all their stuff... you knwo, to confirm they sound great, and that they have lowered their level too...

im prety sure that its not a law to listen to all a bands albums to confirm they are great sounding.
07.10.2008 - 22:57
arwestromen
Love this band alot of aggression and attitude bought blooddrunk a few months ago, pretty good album, doesn't sound like Are you dead yet or hate crew but still good. Have trouble hearing what the songs are all about but who cares
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
08.10.2008 - 03:05
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by [user id=34915] on 07.10.2008 at 07:47

im prety sure that its not a law to listen to all a bands albums to confirm they are great sounding.

But it certainly is a requirement if you say they're one of your favorite bands.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

09.10.2008 - 03:29
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Jonas: I agree.

Went and saw them about a week or two ago. Still an amazing show, dispite their disapointing releases as of late. They played alot of lder material and were really good with the crowd. I don't think Alexi was all that drunk either, which is suprising lolz.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
09.10.2008 - 16:08
Janne
Hugin
I started to listen to Something Wild again (2 years ago i listened to it once but that time it didn't give me deep impressions) and now I must realise that it's a great album! I like it more than any of their newer albums right now. (ok, same level with Hatebreeder)
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
09.10.2008 - 17:22
vikingdragon
Account deleted
I don't have the new album ,but I think that must be great, also the other albums,and my favorite song is Hate Me!
09.10.2008 - 22:39
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by [user id=35205] on 09.10.2008 at 17:22

I don't have the new album ,but I think that must be great, also the other albums,and my favorite song is Hate Me!

Listenable but surely not great.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
09.10.2008 - 22:56
vikingdragon
Account deleted
Written by Elio on 09.10.2008 at 22:39

Why?
09.10.2008 - 22:59
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by [user id=35205] on 09.10.2008 at 22:56

Why?

Listen to it some songs are good but are all the same...after a bit becomes boring.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
09.10.2008 - 23:14
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Nina on 09.10.2008 at 23:10

Written by Elio on 09.10.2008 at 22:59

Written by [user id=35205] on 09.10.2008 at 22:56

Why?

Listen to it some songs are good but are all the same...after a bit becomes boring.

I don't think that

And so what?
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
09.10.2008 - 23:27
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Nina on 09.10.2008 at 23:22

Because their new album it's great

What do you mean when you say great? Not great nor one of their top 3 IMO.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
10.10.2008 - 06:43
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
----

10.10.2008 - 17:00
Janne
Hugin
IMO Blooddrunk is their worst album, there's only one song on it that reminded me good CoB. all the others are just simple songs without anything special. I like all of their older albums more than the new. but their golden age was the hatebreeder era.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
10.10.2008 - 20:48
ChildrenofFilth
Account deleted
Written by Janne on 10.10.2008 at 17:00

IMO Blooddrunk is their worst album, there's only one song on it that reminded me good CoB. all the others are just simple songs without anything special. I like all of their older albums more than the new. but their golden age was the hatebreeder era.

blooddrunk wasn't that bad i listened to the whole album and it was good. sure it wasnt as good as the others but theres more than 1 good song on it
10.10.2008 - 21:12
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Lets face it....Children of Bodom's last 2 albums created a division in their fanbase: The older more diehard fans who like good metal the way they used to do it and the new young "kids" who only listened to metal for like 3 years and think COB is the best thing since sliced cheese, yet they dont comprehend the extent to which the new albums SUCK compared to the earlier albums.

So dont really know why this discussion is still going on....The "Follow the Reaper" and "Haterbreeder" Bodom is dead and was replaced by "COBtv" - that pretty much sums it all up.
12.10.2008 - 03:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=1909] on 10.10.2008 at 21:12

Lets face it....Children of Bodom's last 2 albums created a division in their fanbase: The older more diehard fans who like good metal the way they used to do it and the new young "kids" who only listened to metal for like 3 years and think COB is the best thing since sliced cheese, yet they dont comprehend the extent to which the new albums SUCK compared to the earlier albums.

So dont really know why this discussion is still going on....The "Follow the Reaper" and "Haterbreeder" Bodom is dead and was replaced by "COBtv" - that pretty much sums it all up.

I don't fall in either....I've been into metal for roughly 6 years give or take, I do enjoy the new albums, I know that they aren't the best and certainly not as good as older material but still enjoyable.

BTW- I can't be the only one who thinks this "Older stuff better than new stuff" subject has been beaten to death.
----
- George Carlin
12.10.2008 - 03:30
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 12.10.2008 at 03:23

I don't fall in either....I've been into metal for roughly 6 years give or take, I do enjoy the new albums, I know that they aren't the best and certainly not as good as older material but still enjoyable.

BTW- I can't be the only one who thinks this "Older stuff better than new stuff" subject has been beaten to death.

Well the thread is here isnt it? If people are willing to open threads about once great bands then expect more than its fair share of criticism...same way all the new kids on the block seem to thrive on their new discovery.
12.10.2008 - 03:38
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=1909] on 12.10.2008 at 03:30

Well the thread is here isnt it? If people are willing to open threads about once great bands then expect more than its fair share of criticism...same way all the new kids on the block seem to thrive on their new discovery.

I suppose, I just think the same thing has been said over and over and over, theres not much left to be said...
----
- George Carlin
12.10.2008 - 05:38
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Doc G. on 12.10.2008 at 03:38

Written by [user id=1909] on 12.10.2008 at 03:30

I suppose, I just think the same thing has been said over and over and over, theres not much left to be said...

According to your album votes you gave 'Something Wild' a 4 and 'Hatebreeder' a 6 i think. I would say that at their first 2 albums Bodom were at the peak of their creativity and inspiration, the music had more life, more feeling to me. It seems they're drowning in all the booze they're drinking and have lost what they once had lol or that they simply differed in musical taste. Anyhow, before i irritate you with the oh so repeated subject matter i will stop.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
12.10.2008 - 05:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Visioneerie on 12.10.2008 at 05:38

According to your album votes you gave 'Something Wild' a 4 and 'Hatebreeder' a 6 i think. I would say that at their first 2 albums Bodom were at the peak of their creativity and inspiration, the music had more life, more feeling to me. It seems they're drowning in all the booze they're drinking and have lost what they once had lol or that they simply differed in musical taste. Anyhow, before i irritate you with the oh so repeated subject matter i will stop.

Yeah I can't get into the first 2 at all, 'Something Wild' just seems like it was quickly thrown together to me, I vote by what the tag next to the number says, a 6 is average, I don't think its crap but I didn't find anything all that amazing about it save for 1 or 2 songs on 'Hatebreeder'. I thought they were at their peak with 'Follow The Reaper', 'Hate Crew Death Roll' had some of my favorite Bodom songs but had a few bad ones as well. I guess when I say "older material" I mean whats kind of older for me, I'm not one of those people who claims I've been into Bodom since I was 10, I think I started getting into them right before 'Are You Dead Yet?' was released if I can recall correctly. So I guess what I meant by earlier material being better was mid-career (to date).
----
- George Carlin
12.10.2008 - 05:59
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Doc G. on 12.10.2008 at 05:49

Yeah I can't get into the first 2 at all, 'Something Wild' just seems like it was quickly thrown together to me, I vote by what the tag next to the number says, a 6 is average, I don't think its crap but I didn't find anything all that amazing about it save for 1 or 2 songs on 'Hatebreeder'. I thought they were at their peak with 'Follow The Reaper', 'Hate Crew Death Roll' had some of my favorite Bodom songs but had a few bad ones as well. I guess when I say "older material" I mean whats kind of older for me, I'm not one of those people who claims I've been into Bodom since I was 10, I think I started getting into them right before 'Are You Dead Yet?' was released if I can recall correctly. So I guess what I meant by earlier material being better was mid-career (to date).

Truth be told, Bodom is the band that inspired me to pick up guitar playing, 2-3 years ago and i still owe them that. I also liked Follow the Reaper and HCDR quite a bit, as it was still trademark CoB sound back then though it was heavier. When AYDY came out i slowly gave up on them though i don't think the album is that bad, just deprived from the key Bodom spices haha,.. to me anyways. Never bothered picking up Blooddrunk. I'm just one of those dudes that will pay respect to this band for what they've done at the beginning of their career, i'm no hater :
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
12.10.2008 - 06:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Visioneerie on 12.10.2008 at 05:59

Written by Doc G. on 12.10.2008 at 05:49

Truth be told, Bodom is the band that inspired me to pick up guitar playing, 2-3 years ago and i still owe them that. I also liked Follow the Reaper and HCDR quite a bit, as it was still trademark CoB sound back then though it was heavier. When AYDY came out i slowly gave up on them though i don't think the album is that bad, just deprived from the key Bodom spices haha,.. to me anyways. Never bothered picking up Blooddrunk. I'm just one of those dudes that will pay respect to this band for what they've done at the beginning of their career, i'm no hater :

Very agreeable post there. I'm not one whos really into keyboardy metal, which is why I actually enjoyed AYDY and Blooddrunk. I admit their music has gone downhill, but not to the same degree that other people do.

EDIT: Ironically there was actually more keyboards in the last 2 albums than there ever was (from what I read in an interview), kind of strange how it didn't come forward more.
----
- George Carlin
12.10.2008 - 15:29
Magero
Account deleted
^I noticed that aswel. The new songs don't sound as... "keyboardy" but there IS actually more there. Quite odd.
COB in general?
Hatebreeder, Follow The Reaper, HateCrew DeathRoll, Something Wild =
Are You Dead Yet?, BloodDrunk =
Live (or at least when I saw them) =
13.10.2008 - 16:35
FOOCK Nam
Written by Ernotar on 24.07.2008 at 14:40

Let's just remember that even though you'd like COB guys to always stay teenagers and repeat the same style album after album, they (like everyone else) get older and view things differently than before. And they make the music for themselves too, not just for the fans. Alexi has said that he's even a bit ashamed of the older albums. But of course you can dislike the new album, since there are as many tastes in music as there are people...

I know this is a bit your old post. But may I ask..where source from you get that Alexi said he shamed about old albums? also did he explain why or more concretely why he shamed about COB albums, is that because of the lyric of those old albums? If any, can you give me the link if he expressed such in some interview.
13.10.2008 - 18:10
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by FOOCK Nam on 13.10.2008 at 16:35

Let's just remember that even though you'd like COB guys to always stay teenagers and repeat the same style album after album, they (like everyone else) get older and view things differently than before. And they make the music for themselves too, not just for the fans. Alexi has said that he's even a bit ashamed of the older albums. But of course you can dislike the new album, since there are as many tastes in music as there are people...

I know this is a bit your old post. But may I ask..where source from you get that Alexi said he shamed about old albums? also did he explain why or more concretely why he shamed about COB albums, is that because of the lyric of those old albums? If any, can you give me the link if he expressed such in some interview.

Probably he is ashamed that he can't make album like those anymore.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
13.10.2008 - 19:10
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress

It was one radio interview about a year ago. He was there together with Janne. The host played some of their older songs and they both laughed hard at those and said that the vocals and keyboards sound very childish and cheesy. Teenage angst was one word they used to describe that. Of course they might have drank a couple of beers before the interview and probably tried to make it amusing for the listeners too.
----
You'll never walk alone.
13.10.2008 - 22:42
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Ernotar on 13.10.2008 at 19:10

It was one radio interview about a year ago. He was there together with Janne. The host played some of their older songs and they both laughed hard at those and said that the vocals and keyboards sound very childish and cheesy. Teenage angst was one word they used to describe that. Of course they might have drank a couple of beers before the interview and probably tried to make it amusing for the listeners too.

Well I've actually read an interview somewhere (I can't remember where, but I swear it exists!) that Alexi thought the first album was crap....
----
- George Carlin