Metal Storm logo
Avantasia

Original post

Posted by Ellrohir, 04.09.2007 - 10:00
Other Tobias Sammet's from Edguy side project...I have yesterday acquired Metal Opera and it immediately became one of my most favorite symphonic-power epic storytelling album...i like songs Serpents In Paradise, Avantasia, Sign of the Cross and especially Farewell most

i love modern European power metal
01.03.2009 - 20:13
muztayne
The Scarecrow was good, but it did lack something from The Metal Opera that made me love this band. Don't get me wrong, the Scarecrow was a great album.
01.03.2009 - 21:43
Zelse
I liked the Metal Operas, but I actually enjoyed The Scarecrow a lot more. I think it was because Tobias went for a less symphonic/storytelling approach and went for a more in-your-face-yet-still-catchy album. He did have something like a 6 year break, too, during which the Edguy style changed a lot as well...

It has some of the best songs, in my opinion... Another Angel Down, Shelter From the Rain, the self-titled song of course, Devil In The Belfry... I think the inclusion of Jorn is a big factor in why I like it a lot more, haha. I wish Promised Land had made it to the album too, but that would be a little too much of him on the record...
07.03.2009 - 21:12
vierge2fer
...I was at the gig they had in Budapest, at the Sziget, and it was awesome but also somehow depressing caus Tobi announced that this would be the one and only tour they'd do. Well I still hope there's some more to come from Avantasia and I really like the Opera and the Scarecrow, I actually bought the Special Edition leather thingy with part I and II of the MO... yeiy!!

edit: It was a shame though that they did not play devil in the belfrey -how dare you tobi- ;-)
18.01.2010 - 19:59
Zenzero
Zenzero
Do you think avantasia will have a tour after the release of the new double album?? cuz i'll be in barcelona since the end of march, for 4 months!! so i hope to see them live!
18.01.2010 - 23:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
One thing is if they would have a tour, another if they would stop in Barcelona though it is quite probable destination, yes
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.03.2010 - 02:06
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
Here are my all-time Top 10 european / melodic / neoclassical power metal albums - including Avantasia's The Metal Opera Part I => http://metalstorm.ee/users/list.php?list_id=83 - with a little description to each one.

OFF: I have a band called Mandara and I'm the keyboard player. Our style is very similar to these bands but I think it's unique at the same time. We are still recording our first 2 demos - planned to be released around May & August. The 1st one called "Meadow Of Dreams" contains 4 songs - Endless Night Momentary Dawn, Embrace My Dream, Hypocrite Reality and Holy Prophecy. I'll upload some stuff to myspace when we are ready - I hope you will enjoy my/our music!
Sorry for the adv!
----
"Now I'm leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I am starting my journey, I'm drifting away with the wind
I go"
17.03.2010 - 22:19
FeskarN
There is a new video for the song "Dying For An Angel" featuring the Scorpions singer. Sounds very similair to the Scarecrow stuff but it's a really cathy song. I like it alot. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.channel&ContributorID=6918352
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
17.03.2010 - 22:48
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well i cant help myself but i like it more and more...and to hell with the fact it is "not metal enough"...who cares?
----

08.04.2010 - 04:54
BattleHamster
Hey, does anyone have the new Avantasia albums? How are they?
08.04.2010 - 11:47
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Some people i know say, that overall they are not so good, but that there are moments like "Stargazers" song (which is really nice, according to Youtube)
----

08.04.2010 - 13:17
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I think both albums are better than "The Scarecrow". Even though "Angel Of Babylon" contains more overall lighter material than "The Scarecrow". "The Wicked Symphony" is a really great album. Full of light and shade, and some really awesome songs as well. "Stargazers" is the obvious highlight on "Angel Of Babylon". Its a huge power metal epic, with lots of twists and turns, and the great Michael Kiske singing the chorus, what more could a PM fan want! lol xD
08.04.2010 - 17:24
JÄY
Metal slave
I listened to both 1 x and there were a few good moments..but i would not recommend

Sammet is dead... this impostor is not to be trusted
09.04.2010 - 11:36
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well Tobi seems very vital lately at least when it comes to stage presence
----

12.04.2010 - 02:24
bcapo3
Amazing albums whatever you all say
14.12.2010 - 23:19
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
Avantasia DVD To Be Released In February !!! - http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=12500
----
"Now I'm leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I am starting my journey, I'm drifting away with the wind
I go"
15.12.2010 - 02:50
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
No shit, Sherlock !!!
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
07.08.2011 - 13:12
FeskarN
Found this streaming website through the Wacken homepage. They will be streaming Avantasia's show once again on wednesday, 9 Aug, 20 - 21:30. Also Blind Guardian performance will be streamed the same day. Check it out here http://www.ndr.de/unterhaltung/musik_konzerte/wacken/livestream/index.html
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!