Worst metal album you've ever heard

28.10.2021 - 22:47
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia

This has to be my pick, although it can reach a "so bad it's good" level
28.10.2021 - 23:01
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
It's hard for me to point out the worst albums I've ever heard, because I tend to not listen to very bad stuff throughly, most of the time if it's that bad I just abandon it after a couple minutes

I can recall some very bad songs, though...

Quite mean of me to make fun of amateur bands, but it's hard not to in this case. This band got me such an impression that attained the level of unforgettable in my mind. I will always remember this song forever:

On another news there was this "atmospheric" black metal band I listened to at some point, which had only one 70-minute long song. I saw the length and tracklist before I began listening, so I thought to myself: 'woah, cool, it must be an epic song, heh?'
But it turns out it was monochordic raw bm with a mild synth, and the 'atmospheric' part was the fact that the riffs repeated over and over again. because trance, right? Repetition!
Well, but it turns out it was like... Very repetitive. I though Burzum repeated itself on those dungeon synth tracks, but there was a point where listening to the same riff over and over again got annoying.
Then wanna know what I did? I skipped... I skimmed through the track... To see when the thing would change... And trust me: it would not! It was literally the same riff for 70 minutes!!

I wish I could remember the band name, but I don't.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
30.10.2021 - 09:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Karlabos on 28.10.2021 at 23:01

I wish I could remember the band name, but I don't.

Well thanks for nothing.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.12.2021 - 17:24
nonZero
Probably Megadeth - The World Needs A Hero. I've managed to avoid a lot of crap metal over the years, but this one took me by surprise. Terrible album.
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
15.12.2021 - 17:34
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Hard to say what counts as worst. Bad production definitely ruined a fair few records for me. The music being boring or being completely chaotic/non-musical (seems like two sides of the same coin) can hurt my brain in a particular way, and there's plenty in that category. There is also a case for the substance behind metal being sold out (like the case of Babymetal or the worst of what deathcore has to offer), which is still like semi-acceptable for most metalheads. But I think what hurt me most and had thought it's the actual worst is being very disappointed in a record.

In recent years Fallujah's Undying Light was one of these examples, where next to the style change and the poor vocals, it was also very boring. The Flesh Prevails being one of my favourite records and Dreamless still purifying their sound, I thought they can keep it up and be more explorative. But what came after was such a letdown I'm never touching that record again.
----
02.01.2023 - 10:17
Dean0495
Metallica's ST.Anger. I don't think metal can be worst than this album. It sounds like some teenagers tried to make a record somewhere in a garage or basement.
03.01.2023 - 14:13
musclassia
Staff
Anyone posting any remotely mainstream album has clearly not heard the genuine garbage that lurks in the underground. My answer to this question will always be Grind Insides - Sir, You Are Dead
03.01.2023 - 18:01
Metal Rasputin
I'm not sure if this counts, but Orgasm of Death by Killer Fox.

The story behind this catastrophe is insane. You see, back in the 80's there was this label that exploited the metal craze by producing as cheap and crappy metal albums as possible because metalheads back then didn't expect that much anyway from some underground bands and would still buy them. Killer Fox was already considered one of the worst metal bands in the world, so of course they signed the band in, but before the band could record the album they died in a car accident. The record label hired some session musicians and recorded the album anyway, and the complete trainwreck that resulted would make the band proud. My friend showed me this shit and we laughed our ass off how unlistenable and bizarre this album really is. You thought Lulu and St. Anger were utter crap? Haha!
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
06.01.2023 - 16:38
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Easily this one for me:

Viking rap metal with some bad screams... Do I need to say more?

06.01.2023 - 17:18
JoHn Doe
Queensryche's Dedicated to Chaos
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
24.02.2023 - 01:43
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I had to listen to all of Lulu when I was making videos on Youtube. Other bad albums I've just listened to samples but this might be the only bad album that I remember listening to from front to back. I did the same thing for St. Anger but Lulu is even worse, atrocious shit.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).