Metal Storm logo
Biomechanical

08.09.2007 - 15:30
Nixx
Account deleted
Didn't find a topic about this awesome Thrash band, so I thought i'd create one.

http://www.myspace.com/biomechanical

I just discovered this band through a friend of mine, and I was blown away! (and that doesnt happen very often to me when it comes to Thrash Metal).
Like I said, I just discovered the band, so Im not a "full blooded know it all" fan of them, but they're really appealing to me, so I'm definitly checking them out some more.

So, any other metalstormers that knows this band and would like to share some thoughts?

-Nixx
08.09.2007 - 15:59
Eternal Flames
I remember hearing these guys a few years ago. I saw one of their video clips on TV late one night. If my memory serves me correct, I think it was "The Empires of the Worlds". Anyway, I looked into them after I heard that song and while they weren't the greatest band I've heard, they were fairly decent. The highlight for me was the diversity of the vocals. John K manages to switch from thrashy/grunt style vocals to the falsetto type vocals which I found quite interesting.

Overall, not a bad band. Quite complex at times. I've only fully heard the "Empires of the Worlds" album and bits off "Eight Moons". They seem to have released a new album recently as well. I've listened to the song on their myspace from the new album and it sounds alright, although I can't say too much from just hearing that one song.
08.09.2007 - 16:40
Ereinion'
Account deleted
A good modern thrash band.When I first heard Empires of the Worlds it blowd me away I cannot say how i have been waiting for Cannibalised....but John K is the only orginal member left in the band so have no ide what to expect frm the new album.
01.11.2007 - 22:19
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
The following message was posted on Earache's website:

"In a string of exclusive videos shot earlier on this week the new Biomechanical line-up have introduced themselves to their fans and spoken out about how they came to join the band. The four video clips can be viewed at www.myspace.com/biomechanicalcannibalised and feature interviews with ex-DragonForce bassist Adrian Lambert and guitarist Chris Van Hayden and also drummer and guitarist Jonno Lodge and Gus Drax.

These exclusive videos are released as Biomechanical have just announced their first show together with the new line-up, which will take place at Earache?s Christmas party on December 12th at the Purple Turtle in Camden. This show comes ahead of the release of the eagerly anticipated Cannibalised which is slated to be available on February 11th 2008.

To watch the exclusive videos and find out more about Cannibalised and hear an advance track from the album head over to www.myspace.com/biomechanicalcannibalised."
01.11.2007 - 22:28
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Biomechanical, I believe, refers to how life works and explains the many mechanisms involved in life.

Now to talk about the band, what I heard is quite impressive. I definitely hear some Pantera influences in there, and I especially love their implementation of choir and orchestra.
27.11.2007 - 20:34
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
According to a recent Earache news: Biomechanical mainman reveals concept behind trilogy of albums, concluding with 2008's "Cannibalised".

"With the release of Biomechanical's upcoming album 'Cannibalised' set for February 11th 2008, the band's mainman John K has commented for the first time about its position in the sequence of Biomechanical releases to date. He reveals that the albums conceal a hitherto hidden story which is interwoven across the albums, a story which spans almost a decade.

Opening up about the concept behind the trilogy of albums, which include 2002's 'Eight Moons', 2005's 'The Empires Of The Worlds' and next year's 'Cannibalised' the vocalist has shared with fans an exclusive insight into the ideas that emerge across the trilogy of records and the meaning behind the music?s explosive journey.

Speaking about the plan that he had for the albums, John K has revealed that it all began in 1999 when his love for film music combined with his desire to write a metal album and resulted in the decision to write a record that followed a story. Discussing this further John K states:

"The story grew and I realized that it would be better to get it done over three albums. The titles of the albums were there pretty much from the beginning, along with their content (story wise) and a general idea of the musical style too. The concept behind the story that runs throughout the albums doesn?t necessarily run from A to B, but is used as a vehicle to described issues that I wanted to talk about through the Biomechanical music".

Tackling the clear themes of fear, entrapment and the human spirit, John K has also revealed the conceptual story which unfolds over the three Biomechanical releases to date.

Talking about 'Eight Moons' he reveals:

"The concept of 'Eight Moons' is about fear and our ability (or lack of ability) to fight against it. It goes through human emotions and describes a life of a down and out guy who is waiting for a painless death, in order to be freed from his frail body. On the verge of death he finds hope in the darkest place of his mind".

John K continues on how this evolved in to the 2005 release 'The Empires Of The Worlds':

"On the second album 'The Empires Of The Worlds' the character from 'Eight Moons' becomes what he was previously fighting against. He falls in to the trap of the ancient command that has been running through our veins for ages, which dictates the entire Human race and drives it to commit horrific atrocities in the name of God, Money, Country".

The story concludes in the forthcoming release 'Cannibalised', whose story is told from the perspective of somebody who realizes there is no way out of this reality, and 'Cannibalised' is the acceptance of the death of his spirit. John states:

"The last album 'Cannibalised' talks about the human spiritual death and draws on the fact that the spirit is in constant decline purely because we don't care about anything other than our own skin"."

You can read the full insight into mind-blowing concept behind Biomechanical's catalogue of releases at this location.
08.06.2008 - 05:29
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This band has quickly become one of my favorites. They sound like a combination of Into Eternity, Nevermore, and Strapping Young Lad. I haven't heard the debut yet, but I love the other two. The solos are insanity.
08.06.2008 - 07:30
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Their new album is simply stunning, it acts like a hard drug when I'm in the mood for its desperate atmosphere.... when not, it can be pretty suffocating. But yes they are a great and pretty unique band.
09.06.2008 - 19:58
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Yes they are unique, i checked out these guys yesterday and i really enjoyed their stuff, very original, and refreshing sound. I would'nt call them only thrash metal though, there's alot of different influences in their music, remarkable stuff.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
17.06.2008 - 03:08
Puff
The Forlorn
A friend refered them to me at school.
Very impressive vocals and music.

I agree with the fact that its not only Thrash metal. Dont kno how to call them tought.
----
20.06.2008 - 18:17
Candlemass
Defaeco
Hellyeah...Biomechanical are epic.
They are full throttle ahead all the time! with enchanted speed, dense, groove and innovativeness!
Yeah they would break this .

Vocals are styled Judas Priest, riffs more like Pantera on speed, and virtuosic guitar work and progressive drums and composing.
They rock so hard, they will be remembered for a long era.
20.06.2008 - 19:29
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Going to catch them in September. I heard "Cannibalised" and it's quite an interesting album. At first, the vocals annoyed me a bit but now i'm used to them but what i like more in this band are those smashing riffs! Amazing!