Metal Storm logo
Vocal Programming

11.09.2007 - 22:25
Asphyxia
Account deleted
I've been looking for a good vocal programming software for a long time now for my electronic project. I know they exist, but I don't know the names of any, or where to find them, or how much they cost, etc. Does anyone have any information on vocal programming software, or sequencers that might come with a vocal programmer?
15.09.2007 - 01:55
Alex Smith
I guess, it's better to record vocals in professional studios... Otherwise, sing in nonprofessional studio, use mixer there and make mastering after recorfing using Adobe Audition or something else. But, anyway, you gotta record in the studio.
16.09.2007 - 02:27
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Well what are you looking for exactly? Just something to record your vocal's, or a program that can offern some diversity in modifying the vocal's, and/or record them?

For recording all of my stuff I use a program called Reaper, it's shareware and was recommended to me by a sound guy I know who says he has used it for professional recording's.

Aside from that, I just use GearBox for vocal's (and guitar, and probably bass soon), it has some modifier's on it, and more can be purchased.
05.10.2007 - 02:12
Asphyxia
Account deleted
Written by Bitter Dawn on 16.09.2007 at 02:27

Well what are you looking for exactly? Just something to record your vocal's, or a program that can offern some diversity in modifying the vocal's, and/or record them?

For recording all of my stuff I use a program called Reaper, it's shareware and was recommended to me by a sound guy I know who says he has used it for professional recording's.

Aside from that, I just use GearBox for vocal's (and guitar, and probably bass soon), it has some modifier's on it, and more can be purchased.

Basically I need a computer program that would make the vocals for me, without needing to enlist a vocalist. I need to be able to put in words or sounds and pitches, and get feedback that sounds like real (enough) vocals. I know computer programs like this exist, but what are they?
06.10.2007 - 23:28
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Hm, I had no idea anything like that existed. I thought any vocal or speech simulator's in modern day still sounded rather monotone and computerized. But why not just get a program that modifies your own voice for the pitches or effect's that you want? I can understand using a program for certain instrument's, but to replace an actual vocalist is.. differant. Good luck on your search though.