Metal Storm logo
Help Getting New Guitar

26.09.2007 - 08:49
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
hey

i am thinking of buying a Jackson KVX10 in the near future, but my parents and stuff are asking me about what's so good about this guitar and why is it better than your old one (Ibanez RG, pretty basic series).

So, basically i am asking for suggestions as to why its good

help is very much appreciated!

thanks
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
27.09.2007 - 05:36
Soliloquy
its a jackson. do you really need a better reason?

aright...seriously...

jackson's neck is compound radius, which would help you do chord stuff around the 1-5th fret, and shred around the 12-24th fret.
-jackson has 24 frets. and i think some rgs have 24 frets
-jackson has a better floyd rose bridge than the crappy edge 3
-perhaps better pickups? i'm not sure, as i was never really a fan of duncun design
-its pointy! if someone pisses you off, you stab em!

idk...cant really think a whole lot...but why not going for their middle end guitars with neck-thru necks or soemthing? or some other company.

if you want a pointy v guitar, i bought a peveay Vortex EX in march of this year, and loved it so much, that i just bought a peavey V-type about a week a go...though i wont be able to play it until october the 20th....anyways, the guitar looks like this:

http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM03/Content/Peavey/PR/V-Type-NTB-TR-lg.jpg

its hand made. neckthru. and purdy!!!
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
27.09.2007 - 11:01
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
yeh ok, thanks a lot - that looks like a pretty sweet guitar!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
27.09.2007 - 12:36
Too many fail.
I would rather play that Ibanez RG than that Jackson, unless of course this is a REAL high end jackson and your RG is cheap.
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
27.09.2007 - 15:34
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Soliloquy on 27.09.2007 at 05:36

aright...seriously...

jackson's neck is compound radius, which would help you do chord stuff around the 1-5th fret, and shred around the 12-24th fret.
-perhaps better pickups? i'm not sure, as i was never really a fan of duncun design

idk...cant really think a whole lot...but why not going for their middle end guitars with neck-thru necks or soemthing? or some other company.

if you want a pointy v guitar, i bought a peveay Vortex EX in march of this year, and loved it so much, that i just bought a peavey V-type about a week a go...though i wont be able to play it until october the 20th....anyways, the guitar looks like this:

As far as I know, all RG's have 24 frets, and pretty comfortable necks.... Only thing im pretty sure is that jackson has better bridge...
And if you really wanna stab, you put a bayonet on you guitar! Yeah!
----
27.09.2007 - 21:15
Soliloquy
Written by Stalker on 27.09.2007 at 15:34

Written by Soliloquy on 27.09.2007 at 05:36

aright...seriously...

As far as I know, all RG's have 24 frets, and pretty comfortable necks.... Only thing im pretty sure is that jackson has better bridge...
And if you really wanna stab, you put a bayonet on you guitar! Yeah!

they work for kXk guitars:
http://www.kxkguitars.com/guitar_SSV.html
----

-Zakk Wylde
29.09.2007 - 01:13
Asphyxia
Account deleted
Written by Too many fail. on 27.09.2007 at 12:36

I would rather play that Ibanez RG than that Jackson, unless of course this is a REAL high end jackson and your RG is cheap.

Yeah with Jacksons you really have to go all the way, I got a Jackson RR3 (i think, I bought it several years ago) and when I got it the intonation was horrible, and I have had it 'fixed' like three times, to find that all they did was tune my guitar back up to standard. I thought it was the truss rod but it turned out that it was just the bridge was too low, so I had it raised a bit and it plays fine now.
29.09.2007 - 13:44
Soliloquy
Written by Guest on 29.09.2007 at 01:13

Yeah with Jacksons you really have to go all the way, I got a Jackson RR3 (i think, I bought it several years ago) and when I got it the intonation was horrible, and I have had it 'fixed' like three times, to find that all they did was tune my guitar back up to standard. I thought it was the truss rod but it turned out that it was just the bridge was too low, so I had it raised a bit and it plays fine now.

my peavey vortex ex kicks jackson rr3's ass. mainly coz of the better/hotter pickups, a more dramatic compound radi neck, and for the EXTRA 2 FRETS!!!!
----

-Zakk Wylde
29.09.2007 - 20:17
Asphyxia
Account deleted
Written by Soliloquy on 29.09.2007 at 13:44

Written by Guest on 29.09.2007 at 01:13

my peavey vortex ex kicks jackson rr3's ass. mainly coz of the better/hotter pickups, a more dramatic compound radi neck, and for the EXTRA 2 FRETS!!!!

I wouldn't use an extra two frets, and I like the jumbo frets on my jackson.

EDIT: I hate Floyd Rose systems though
30.09.2007 - 20:11
Soliloquy
jumbo frets a lil annoying for me. i can never make a finger to fret board contact, and thus, the frets feel really dry and sticky when you're sliding from one fret to the neck. they are good for tapping stuff through.

and i prefer a 24 fret guitar not only coz it gives me more room to experiment, and i dont feel cramped. but the neck pickup is slightly higher on treble than on a 22 fret guitar. what does that do? you can nail pinch harmonics on a 24 fret guitar easier than a 22 fret guitar. but if you have a floyd, you can nail natural harmonics and go crazy with the floyd rose..

and how can someone not like floyd roses? well..i can understand if they have a shitty licensed bridge. then obviously they will tend to be shitty, with less sustain to do proper dives, or pull ups, more noisy as they absorb the slightest vibration from one string and transfer it over to the next.

i mean, take a look at songs like 'every time i die' by children of bodom. the intro lead is mainly done on harmonics. normal licensed floyd rose bridge wont be able to sustain for that long to do propper dive AND pull up on a single struck harmonic.

or even songs like 'cemetery gates' by Pantera. the ending shows how long harmonics can sustain while pulling up and stuff...

though i have a somewhat shitty floyd rose system on my vortex guitar, i can somehow make my harmonics found on the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7, and 9th fret on teh low E string sustain for a good 30-60 seconds if i strike it and pull up on it, and hold it there. but it only works for that string for some reason...
----

-Zakk Wylde