Metal Storm logo
Pepsi Vs Coke

Original post

Posted by Remus, 30.09.2007 - 22:04
Cola-flavour is in fact essence extrracted from the cola nut and is used in a wide variety of drinks, Coke and Pepsi being the most famous!

Coke: It is arguably the more popular choice. It's trade-mark bottle design makes it an instantly recognisable icon. As of late it seems to have a more prominent hint of lemon. Vanilla Coke is a refreshing alternative to the original flavour.

Pepsi: A bit sweeter, it sort of turns to foam when placed in one's mouth. It easily has the best adverts, including such hotties as Christina, Britney and Beyonce (oh, oh crap, and Enrique ). Comes in many variants: Pepsi Max, Pepsi Twist, Pepsi X, Pepsi Blue and Pepsi Light.

Well, neither of these legendary beverages are healthy as they contain high amounts of sugar and caffeine, but they are oh so indulgent!
So, which do you prefer?

Poll

Are you a Coke person or does Pepsi leave you asking for more?

Coca-Cola (Coke)
Pepsi

Total votes: 150
26.05.2009 - 14:27
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Coca cola is a bit better imo!! especialy with lemon...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
26.05.2009 - 14:33
Ragana
Rawrcat
Cola & rum, hah.
I'm taking coca-cola usually. Besides the drink has better commercials as well.
26.05.2009 - 15:05
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Ragana on 26.05.2009 at 14:33

Cola & rum, hah.

lol what a terrible drink!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
26.05.2009 - 15:16
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Elio on 26.05.2009 at 15:05

Cola & rum, hah.

Vodka & cola is a terrible drink, but rum and cola actually tastes nice if you know how much each of the stuff is needed to put together. Seriously, that already mixed cocktail of rum and cola tastes weird but if you're mixing drinks by yourself it should be good. Well, it's up to your taste anyway.
26.05.2009 - 15:26
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Ragana on 26.05.2009 at 15:16

Cola & rum, hah.

Vodka & cola is a terrible drink, but rum and cola actually tastes nice if you know how much each of the stuff is needed to put together. Seriously, that already mixed cocktail of rum and cola tastes weird but if you're mixing drinks by yourself it should be good. Well, it's up to your taste anyway.

Well, it's true that my friend doesn't know the quantity to put too xD
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
26.05.2009 - 16:06
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Elio on 26.05.2009 at 15:26

Written by Ragana on 26.05.2009 at 15:16

Cola & rum, hah.

Well, it's true that my friend doesn't know the quantity to put too xD

Oh... well then you can blame your friend for being absolutely bad barman.
26.05.2009 - 16:38
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I'm also no friend of such mixes, I drink everything pure because I'm RAW

@Topic: Pepsi and Coke taste exactely the same for me, so I drink both
31.05.2009 - 02:40
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Black Mass on 22.05.2009 at 15:30

Coke goes better with everything! Scotch

Blasphemer. keep the coke - or anything outside of ice - the hell away from the Scotch.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
31.05.2009 - 05:41
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Diabolos on 26.05.2009 at 16:38

you damn freak! how can you say they taste the same!? you gotta be sick, man!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
31.05.2009 - 14:03
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by tulkas on 31.05.2009 at 05:41

Written by Diabolos on 26.05.2009 at 16:38

you damn freak! how can you say they taste the same!? you gotta be sick, man!

I prefer beer anyway
12.06.2009 - 12:08
Elodie Artour
Slania
I personally like both of them and I don't know which one I prefer. I also like for example Sprite, 7Up and Fanta.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
21.06.2009 - 00:48
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
You know whats a tripp that they both taste different in different countries. I dont really drink Soda but if I had to choose here in the US I like Pepsi better but in other countries its vice versa anybody else notice that though?
21.06.2009 - 22:31
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Nighthowls on 21.06.2009 at 00:48

You know whats a tripp that they both taste different in different countries. I dont really drink Soda but if I had to choose here in the US I like Pepsi better but in other countries its vice versa anybody else notice that though?

Yeah, in Mexico pop has way more sugar or at least tastes much sweeter. I still don't like pop, but if I had to choose I'd pick Coke over Pepsi because it tastes stronger.

lol sucks I don't like it because Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper (my fav), Mountain Dew, etc etc is free at my work
04.07.2009 - 03:00
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, in Mexico pop has way more sugar or at least tastes much sweeter. I still don't like pop, but if I had to choose I'd pick Coke over Pepsi because it tastes stronger.

lol sucks I don't like it because Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper (my fav), Mountain Dew, etc etc is free at my work

haha cool I'll stick with Water, glad to see someone else noticed that though
10.07.2009 - 21:27
Nemesisyume
Coca-cola for me eh ~
12.07.2009 - 01:50
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
My mom drank nuthin but Pepsi Free when I was growing up so now I drink...Coke ....sumthin psychological there ...
----
rekt
17.07.2009 - 12:09
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So i finally decided and voted for Pepsi...it tastes me better than Coke
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.08.2009 - 22:37
Ur-Drago
Coke > Pepsi.

Cherry Coke > Wild Cherry Pepsi.

Vanilla Coke > Pepsi Vanilla.

Vanilla Coke > all other colas.....combined.
18.08.2009 - 22:48
Destryphior
Written by BitterCOld on 31.05.2009 at 02:40

Blasphemer. keep the coke - or anything outside of ice - the hell away from the Scotch.

And you keep your ice out of the Scotch, blasphemer... Don't waste a good whisky by adding ice...
18.08.2009 - 23:45
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Destryphior on 18.08.2009 at 22:48

Written by BitterCOld on 31.05.2009 at 02:40

And you keep your ice out of the Scotch, blasphemer... Don't waste a good whisky by adding ice...

actually adding a tiny amount of water to Scotch is a good thing, at least per the folks at Laphroaig. it helps unlock the flavors. i assume the folks making my favorite scotch know a thing or two about it.

for the most part, though, i get mine neat. on very occasionally do i get a scotch on the rocks.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.08.2009 - 00:07
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by BitterCOld on 18.08.2009 at 23:45

actually adding a tiny amount of water to Scotch is a good thing, at least per the folks at Laphroaig. it helps unlock the flavors. i assume the folks making my favorite scotch know a thing or two about it.

for the most part, though, i get mine neat. on very occasionally do i get a scotch on the rocks.

There's no way I understand anything about scotch. But I want to ask anyway:
If people do not want to drink it with ice... They can use those plast things with water inside so the scotch is cold but without water, right? Because It doesn't seem tasteful when it's not cold

Once again, I don't know anything about it, so I'm just asking now instead of 5 years later.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
19.08.2009 - 01:22
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.08.2009 at 00:07

If people do not want to drink it with ice... They can use those plast things with water inside so the scotch is cold but without water, right? Because It doesn't seem tasteful when it's not cold

Once again, I don't know anything about it, so I'm just asking now instead of 5 years later.

honestly, you can drink it however you want. if you want to use cold plastic cubes in your drink go right ahead. if you prefer coke with your scotch, well, it's your call. purists might scoff at it, as would i, but it's your taste buds.

as for me, i have a nice set of Crystal decanter and drinking glasses... while i don't use the decanter (prefer my scotch straight out of the bottle), i do drink straight from the crystal glass. no ice, no coke. occasionally a splash of water.

something akin to this, only the glasses are slight rounded to the bottom - and are significantly wider in diameter than a can of soda.

----

19.08.2009 - 02:38
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by BitterCOld on 19.08.2009 at 01:22

honestly, you can drink it however you want. if you want to use cold plastic cubes in your drink go right ahead. if you prefer coke with your scotch, well, it's your call. purists might scoff at it, as would i, but it's your taste buds.

That's some good looking glass you got there. Mmm... I always liked the idea of plastic cubes but it's annoying that most of them are imho just ugly
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
19.08.2009 - 03:31
wormdrink414
Elite
Some called me the Coke Nazi in middle school. Every time I saw a can, bottle, cup or pitcher of Pepsi I would confiscate it and send it to a camp in the school's basement. Now, however, after learning that my grandfather himself was a Pepsi man I have embraced my true identity as a Pepsi lover...then again, I like the taste of both roughly the same.
19.08.2009 - 17:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

Because It doesn't seem tasteful when it's not cold

Scotch has way more taste to it when it's at room temperature then when it's cold.
I actually totally HATE cold scotch.
For me scotch has to be served straight out of the body at room temperature with at most a couple of drops of water to open up the bouquet but that's it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.08.2009 - 21:41
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.08.2009 at 17:40

Because It doesn't seem tasteful when it's not cold

Scotch has way more taste to it when it's at room temperature then when it's cold.
I actually totally HATE cold scotch.
For me scotch has to be served straight out of the body at room temperature with at most a couple of drops of water to open up the bouquet but that's it.

I love that even here, we talk about alcohol.
05.09.2009 - 16:32
Immortal
Pepsi all the way!

I once heard that the actual flavour cola is meant to be is caramel. Does that sound familiar to anyone or did I just imagine I heard that?
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
02.10.2009 - 10:02
FOOCK Nam
I have a QUESTION: one Child is 11, below 5'4, he wants to drink Coke or Pepsi, do you think those stuff are good for HimSELF as I describe ?
02.10.2009 - 10:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by FOOCK Nam on 02.10.2009 at 10:02

I have a QUESTION: one Child is 11, below 5'4, he wants to drink Coke or Pepsi, do you think those stuff are good for HimSELF as I describe ?

What does age and height have to do with it?
Coke doesn't stunt your growth and is just as bad for a kid as coffee, tea, miranda etc
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.10.2009 - 11:10
FOOCK Nam
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.10.2009 at 10:15

Written by FOOCK Nam on 02.10.2009 at 10:02

What does age and height have to do with it?
Coke doesn't stunt your growth and is just as bad for a kid as coffee, tea, miranda etc

OK. So it is bad for KID but not for growth, Your Opinion... Tea, coffee are bad, I understand, but miranda I heard same thing but dont understand exactly...

If you KNOW, Coke is bad but how BAd it is? what I mean is: cigarret - lungs, drinking - brain, sugary stuff - diabette, etc...what about COKE ?