Metal Storm logo
The Band that Invented Metal

Original post

Posted by Lupas, 01.06.2006 - 18:51
I wonder who was the first band that invented True Metal Music .
Some say that was OZZY or ACDC and others would say LED or even Metallica.
Better leave to you this decision
27.06.2006 - 23:47
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Hatred Infernal on 27.06.2006 at 04:22

Written by Lucas on 22.06.2006 at 15:48

Written by Dark Cornatus on 21.06.2006 at 13:28

Id have to go with Elvis

Why don't we go back further and go to a bit more bluesy? I mean, of course Elvis has had a big influence at Rock, so indirectly to Metal as well, but should we then go back to the first African tribe that started scaring animals away with sticks and stones?

I disagree. About Elvis as well. This topic is looking for the band to first play metal. Not any random precursor to metal. The first truly metal album that I can think of would be Priest's.

Yeah that right. Who cares about Elvis and rock 'n roll we are talking about Metal , it is more seruious thing .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
29.06.2006 - 02:37
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Lupas on 27.06.2006 at 23:47

Id have to go with Elvis

Why don't we go back further and go to a bit more bluesy? I mean, of course Elvis has had a big influence at Rock, so indirectly to Metal as well, but should we then go back to the first African tribe that started scaring animals away with sticks and stones?

I disagree. About Elvis as well. This topic is looking for the band to first play metal. Not any random precursor to metal. The first truly metal album that I can think of would be Priest's.

Yeah that right. Who cares about Elvis and rock 'n roll we are talking about Metal , it is more seruious thing .

and the first to do it was CERTAINLY Judas Priest.... end of the dicussion
29.06.2006 - 13:13
Milan
Account deleted
By my opinion Judas Priest invented the true metal definetly!
29.06.2006 - 16:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I don't understand people saying Judas Priest as the so-caleld first metal band... cause Black Sabbath already recorded before them.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.06.2006 - 16:43
Demonizer
thing is, Priest was the first to promote themselves as a metal band, Sabbath was called metal afterwards, but they didn't see themselves as a metal band from the start...
30.06.2006 - 03:18
nick35
Account deleted
black sabbath all the way or maybe iron butterfly with in a gadda da vida. Judas priest made metal popular
02.07.2006 - 17:37
Judas Priest, Iron Maiden etc. they just made Metal popular...but the first metal band is without doubt Black Sabbath......Like Rob Zombie says in Metal:A Headbanger's Journey, "Every cool metal riff has already been written by Black Sabbath, what the other bands are doing is basically ripping it off..playing it backwards or forwards or faster or slower.." Pretty much sums it all up........Black Sabbath is the first metal band....No Sabbath, then no power-chords, no metal....
----
||SPACE FOR RENT||
02.07.2006 - 18:06
Southern Wind
Account deleted
well, I just don't consider Black Sabbath to be Metal with their first 5 albums....
03.07.2006 - 04:11
Kami-Sama
Account deleted
That's strage, because Judas Priest's first two albums don't sound THAT metal (but they still rock!), in the other hand, Black Sabbath maked a hiatus, a change of the tide, the begining of something "else". And that "else" was called metal. Perhaps Judas Priest made it more popular but Black Sabbath did it a lot sooner that Judas.
03.07.2006 - 05:57
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido

Id have to go with Elvis

i go with elvis too, michael kiske is a great fan of him, and gamma ray mention him in time to break free song
03.07.2006 - 05:59
Sore Neck 101
Account deleted
Black Sabbath...der
03.07.2006 - 13:55
Andréann
Account deleted
I'll go with Black Sabbath to.
03.07.2006 - 14:03
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Britney Spears.

You knew it was coming.
----
22.07.2006 - 21:30
Bash'
:)
true metal music??

i consider that true metal stars on 1995, 1996
i haven't listened for Stratovarius's & Blind G's previous stuff

so i'll say Moonspell, Stratovarius, Nightwish, Children Of Bodom
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
27.07.2006 - 18:38
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
the first metal band was the kinks

You really got me, this song have agressive riffs...
27.07.2006 - 20:04
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
MiCTlaN has the right idea...without the Kinks, you wouldn't have a lot...they were the first band to use distorted power chords I beleive...
27.07.2006 - 20:48
Valentin B
Iconoclast
how about chuck berry?
27.07.2006 - 20:59
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
chuck berry too, with his voice and his glam style!!!
28.07.2006 - 04:38
chuckie
Account deleted
IMO black sabbath created the sound, Judas Priest & Iron Maiden Perfected It

(first post! lol)
28.07.2006 - 04:40
Mordack
Account deleted
I really think Sabbath, though they did get their influences from later Beatles material and other blues bands. But for the true definintion of metal, it's got to be Black Sabbath.
31.07.2006 - 11:55
Xaphiris
Definitly Black Sabbath. They played metal first. Wheter or not Maiden and Priest polished it is irrelevant to this topic. If they only polished it, it means there was metal before them, so they weren't the first ones to actually play metal.

Thumbs up for Black Sabbath!
----
31.07.2006 - 12:00
Wo0dy
Account deleted
this is complicated as who created death metal... i would say bands like black sabbath, iron maiden and judas priest help contribute to define it.. hard to say who invented it...
31.07.2006 - 13:44
alexander
Account deleted
if you ask me, then i think heavy metal style have there roots in 1965-1975 hard rock bands so i say first bands was- Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath.
31.07.2006 - 15:47
Ridden Disease
Account deleted
Black Sabbath was the first Metal band.
roots are Led zepplein, blue cheiry, Deep purple.
wagner
01.08.2006 - 01:07
Pianoman
Account deleted
Judas Priest was the first pure metal band. Black Sabbath in their beginnings weren't metal for me. But metal was influenced by rock and rock was influenced by blues. And blues was influenced?
01.08.2006 - 01:15
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
blues was influenced by the opresion and the gospel, gospel born of the cotton fields chants and those chants were from the slaves, but the black people stop to do good music, they only make hip hop now.

Wagner was the first metal writer!
01.08.2006 - 01:26
Revenant
Account deleted
Sabbath invented metal. Judas Priest made it faster.
01.08.2006 - 02:12
Freyya
I'm agree with most of the comments here, I would say that Black Sabbath is the band that made the first step in metal and after that, bands like Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple added more elements. But if we go back even more years in time, metal and rock music are influenced by blues, jazz and classical music
----
"Music was invented to confirm human loneliness"
01.08.2006 - 04:24
otsego1491
Account deleted
Alright im gonna go and say it I think we can give it to like the bach/beethoven people because when you break it down, it pretty much comes down to the fact that all music evolev from there, and if you go that far you can say that the god that I believe in invented it because it in vented sound

ALL HAIL ODEN:bow:
01.08.2006 - 04:24
otsego1491
Account deleted
Alright im gonna go and say it I think we can give it to like the bach/beethoven people because when you break it down, it pretty much comes down to the fact that all music evolev from there, and if you go that far you can say that the god that I believe in invented it because it in vented sound

ALL HAIL ODEN:bow: