Metal Storm logo
Grave

02.06.2006 - 18:57
Cut-Throat
Grave! Death Metal From Sweden! New album coming out very soon called "As Rapture Comes". I will be proudly be putting it along with the rest of my Grave Collection thats for sure! My favourite album is "Soulless" the last album before Jorgen joined Entombed!

anyone else into this band?
02.06.2006 - 19:47
Varoth
Account deleted
I love their old stuff. My favourite release is Into The Grave. An oldschool DM masterpiece. I must buy the re-release of it with Tremendous Pain demo. The vocals are great and the distortion is dirty, like most oldschool DM in Sweden. I find their newer works to be a bit dull. Not as "fresh" as their older works, at least, IMO.

I openned the thread in the old forum but I didn't have many posters. I hope this thread lives a bit longer than mine did
02.06.2006 - 22:10
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
I too hope that this thread lives for a while
But Grave isn't that known .. I didn't know them until a while ago anyway.
That may be the reason for a short lifeperiod for this thread ...
Anyway, I don't think Grave sucks or anything, they're okay, but there are many bands that I find much better though ..
08.06.2006 - 15:58
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Great band! I love them. Varoth, I love you for making both the thread of Grave & Pestilence.

I love Grave, my favourite is Into The Grave, I have it with the demo.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.06.2006 - 14:54
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I bought a t-shirt of them yesterday. Just plain back, with the Grave-logo in front and on my back. Gotta express my love for this kick-ass band! Cut-Throat, for a bit of promotion, you might add the links Varoth put in his topic in the old MS?

http://forum.metalstorm.ee/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=21355;start=60
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
17.06.2006 - 05:20
Conemetal
I love this band. I knew Grave with "Fiendish Regression" and then I was looking for more and more Grave With the Varoth's advise (he uploaded this album for me, thanks my dear friend) I got "Into the Grave", I liked it since the first listening, then I got "Soulless", "Hating Life" and lately "Back from the Grave" and some of their early demos. I'm a "Grave-maniac" now
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
01.07.2006 - 16:23
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Saw an album of theirs today for $10, it was an re-issue with a demo the same as the others have mentioned. Im into oldschool death metal so i'll grab it while i can ... plus its at a bloody good price
----

Hellcunt Smurf
02.07.2006 - 04:09
Daru Jericho
Wow, I haven't posted in this thread yet. Grave are one of those good Swedish death metal bands that aren't as well known as they should be. Their first album, Into The Grave is my favourite and I could listen to it for hours and hours. They're supposed to be doing some amazing European tour with Unleashed, Entombed and Dismember!! The lineup is GREAT and if they hit my city I shall be there!

Also, have you all heard the new track posted online from their upcoming one? It's called 'Burn'.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

05.07.2006 - 06:26
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Just listening to the promo of "As Rapture Comes," and it continues the newer sound of Grave in a great way! I still think they had the best "sound" back in the early 90s, but there isn't a thing wrong with the new disc. If you're a fan of their last 2 discs, I can't imagine why you would dislike the new one. I prefer the track "Burn" off the new one the best, as it's got the most memorable riff--and as is the case with older school DM, I find the riff is the most important thing in the songs... but that's just me.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
05.07.2006 - 19:01
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Daru Jericho on 02.07.2006 at 04:09

Wow, I haven't posted in this thread yet. Grave are one of those good Swedish death metal bands that aren't as well known as they should be. Their first album, Into The Grave is my favourite and I could listen to it for hours and hours. They're supposed to be doing some amazing European tour with Unleashed, Entombed and Dismember!! The lineup is GREAT and if they hit my city I shall be there!

Also, have you all heard the new track posted online from their upcoming one? It's called 'Burn'.

That line-up is godlike!
----

06.07.2006 - 00:35
Daru Jericho
Written by Lucas on 05.07.2006 at 19:01

That line-up is godlike!

You said it. I'm just praying we get it, seeing as Entombed are already coming here on their own in September.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

06.07.2006 - 12:55
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Daru Jericho on 06.07.2006 at 00:35

Written by Lucas on 05.07.2006 at 19:01

That line-up is godlike!

You said it. I'm just praying we get it, seeing as Entombed are already coming here on their own in September.

Lucky bastard. I hope it will come here, one of those would be great. Especcially Grave.. *Orgasms*
----

15.07.2006 - 21:36
Cut-Throat
sounds like a killer line up i would love to go to that however i would be disapointed if entombed played the new stuff rather than the old stuff. the stuff that actually relates to the same thing as grave and dismember!

besides that though its not long till the grave album comes out so i hope you all buy it as soon as it is out coz i sure am!
16.07.2006 - 03:48
Southern Wind
Account deleted
"As Rapture Comes" is a pretty awesome album, straight-forward and with very good riffs... I still prefer old Grave, but their latest doesn't step far behind.
31.07.2006 - 14:34
Cut-Throat
the new album "as rapture comes" is going to be on my top 5 best albums this year! this album is excellent is every possible way! some of the songs have become longer in length round about 6min rather than 3-4 min! the heavyness is out this world! ola lindgren's vocals are as superb as ever. there is even some blast beats which is unusual for grave but i aint complaining no at all! and to top it off there is a cover of "them bones" which is originally done by alice in chains! its a good cover and good to see a grunge song converted into a death metal version!
31.07.2006 - 15:45
Ridden Disease
Account deleted
Into The Grave - the only one I know and love
Great album, a masterpiece
04.10.2006 - 13:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=2416] on 02.06.2006 at 19:47

I love their old stuff. My favourite release is Into The Grave. An oldschool DM masterpiece. I must buy the re-release of it with Tremendous Pain demo. The vocals are great and the distortion is dirty, like most oldschool DM in Sweden. I find their newer works to be a bit dull. Not as "fresh" as their older works, at least, IMO.

I openned the thread in the old forum but I didn't have many posters. I hope this thread lives a bit longer than mine did

Well I like firets 2 albums only it remaind me something from Monstrocity and old school death metal
But firts album are bets of all of Grave realises, i can not listen new album its more ehh even how brutal sounds thay in old days in nowdays its not Grave anymore
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.10.2006 - 03:20
Wo0dy
Account deleted
these guys are great live
05.10.2006 - 03:54
Southern Wind
Account deleted
"As Rapture Comes" is an absolutely grower, although I liked it since the first listen... love its dirty, viscous atmosphere... the Death Metal album of the year after 324's "Rebelgrind"
05.10.2006 - 03:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hmm, I don't think I would call it the 2nd best death metal album of the year because there were so many great releases this year. It's damn good though.
07.10.2006 - 05:02
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 05.10.2006 at 03:56

hmm, I don't think I would call it the 2nd best death metal album of the year because there were so many great releases this year. It's damn good though.

Well, I hadn't listened to thousands of death metal albums this year, though... black and doom are my thing, basically...

Anyway, Bloodthorn's "Genocide" could be labelled as Death Metal, and in that case it would easily displace Grave in my tops list.
17.05.2007 - 00:18
Cut-Throat
I really enjoyed the interview that metalstorm had with grave not long ago. i hope its true they have plans for another dvd full of old material. "Enraptured" is a good concert.
12.11.2007 - 21:43
Existenzangst
Account deleted
i almost started cry when i went to the local metalshop here, they guy who owns it knows that i'm an vinyl collector and that i'm mostly into old school/obscure death metal, so he showed me some stuff from his own collection which he was ready to trade and sell. fucking got grave's debut album on vinyl for 30 swiss franks (25 dollar or something?) and i also highly recommend their second album "you'll never see". also, if you get the chance, buy the "enraptured" dvd, grave kills live and they have a good set-list on that dvd.
13.11.2007 - 12:28
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
I have heared just one album 'Into The Grave' and this is one amazing stuff.
08.04.2008 - 16:59
kackbratze
Grave... have become one of my favourite death metal bands!

Their debut "Into the Grave" is astonishing. The next two albums are also great classics, just "Hating Life" was complete shit. "Back from the Grave" was a good step up again, I like it, although the other vocalist isn't as good as the first one. "Fiendish Regression" was even better than that, I liked its crunchy guitar sound, really heavy. However, I didn't really like "As Rapture Comes" at all, it didn't do anything for me, except the song "Burn" which I think is pretty awesome.
I think the new album will be way better again, judging from the song they posted on myspace, which I really like.

09.06.2008 - 08:35
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Any opinions on the new Grave album? I just got it and the mix is definitely different than "As Rapture Comes," so it feels like a more old-style album to me, at least. The new songs have taken me a bit to get into, as the sound is a bit more repressed and colder. I haven't decided on a favorite track yet, but am enjoying "Fallen (Angel Son)" a lot

Personally, I really like the mixes that were found on "As Rapture Comes" as well as "And Here I Die...Satisfied" as they were hateful yet warm and crisp, but I may be in the minority with that. The new album is interesting enough though, but I'm still digesting it.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
09.06.2008 - 17:25
TheBigRossowski
Alright! I saw Grave live here in Germany and they sounded badass! They played with Cryptopsy headlining, Aborted, Vesania, Hurtlocker and....eh, I can't remember, but thats about it. That was in Hanau, Germany in like 2006. Grave is a really underrated band now that I think about it?!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
20.06.2008 - 20:52
Candlemass
Defaeco
Annihilating and lubricated SWEDISH OSDM.
One of my favorites from Sweden, debut and follow up ROCK!
Top notch along side with Entombed and Dismember.
02.09.2008 - 23:59
astrozombie
i love grave from the into the grave album brutal death metal its awsome stuff. i am debating if i wana buy the newist album of theres yet though. do any of you guys have it? and if so is it wroth the buy?
05.12.2008 - 00:08
Sonic MrSumo
I saw Grave last night at The Gaelic in Sydney...and they were FARKING AWESOME!!!!!

If you haven't seen them, and they're in town, I recommend you check them out.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.