Metal Storm logo
Aquaria

23.10.2007 - 00:03
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Two months ago I came across this amazing brazillian band that plays a power metal quite similar to Angra and Glory Opera. Amazing South American power metal, their first album is just amazing, and they will be releasing their second studio album anytime soon (if they didnt already.)

Anyways, this band is a most have to any power metal fan.

http://www.myspace.com/aquarialuxband

Check out "And Let the Show Begin" great power metal song
----
23.10.2007 - 17:53
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Have just been listening to the songs at their MySpace and they're not bad at all...I think I prefer 'Heart Of The Gods' of the four songs availible, but 'And Let The Show Begin' is quite good as well
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
24.10.2007 - 02:26
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by GT on 23.10.2007 at 17:53

Have just been listening to the songs at their MySpace and they're not bad at all...I think I prefer 'Heart Of The Gods' of the four songs availible, but 'And Let The Show Begin' is quite good as well

The first Album is much better than the second one as far as production goes, but they have only one song from this album avaliable in their myspace
----
09.01.2008 - 04:55
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
An amazing band, very progressive, their sound is like jazzy, very latin and for much very symphonic, this guys are awesome. The vocalist is froma a band called Eterna, and i have the cd The Gate, and i must say it's amazing too, vary power/progressive.
21.03.2008 - 11:07
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
i like that they are original , they dont just copy power metal bands, they have decided to try something new , symph/speed, and it is pretty good, awesome band, the only that is not on metal storm and i would really like to see them here
22.03.2008 - 05:31
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by Metalhead2 on 21.03.2008 at 11:07

i like that they are original , they dont just copy power metal bands, they have decided to try something new , symph/speed, and it is pretty good, awesome band, the only that is not on metal storm and i would really like to see them here

I wouldnt say they are original, but they are indeed a really good band. Its pretty much south american power metal (which is similar to euro power, but happier XD)
----
08.09.2008 - 15:58
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by 4look4rd on 22.03.2008 at 05:31

Written by Metalhead2 on 21.03.2008 at 11:07

I wouldnt say they are original, but they are indeed a really good band. Its pretty much south american power metal (which is similar to euro power, but happier XD)

In Shambala there are lots of folk/tribal elements that make this band really original (similar to Angra. its true, but more original than others..) The first album wasnt that big deal, just normal.. Shambala shows a really good improvment, a band that is creating its own carachteristic.
The name of the band on the demos was ''Uirapuru''.. its better than Aquaria, they should have keep it.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
29.01.2009 - 03:42
Zelse
First post here, heh. I can't get enough of this band. Came across them right after Shambala was officially released, and I've been in love with the band ever since. Hadn't heard a breath fresh of air, so to speak, from power metal in a long time, but when I first heard Luxaeterna, I was floored by how good it was.

I think Shambala is slightly better simply because there is more experimentation on it and a very ethnic vibe throughout. Skies of Amazonia is my favorite track by far, there's something about it that really speaks to me.

Absolutely phenomenal band, I just really wish they'd get their albums officially released in the US. They just recently got Shambala released in Brazil, I believe. It's a shame and should be a sin that they're so overlooked. I'm dying for news about a third album, hopefully we'll get some this year.
30.01.2009 - 23:43
Ayakashy
Account deleted
Just listened a few of their songs i think they're great
31.01.2009 - 05:23
Zelse
I can't even choose a favorite song of theirs, as a whole. I was going to say Skies of Amazonia but I listened to Judgement Day again today and wow, I'm back on a listening spree of these guys.

Just bought both special editions of their albums, too. Should have them in a few days - can't wait!
19.02.2010 - 21:43
MeTalRea|istiK
Argh!!this band make me crazy!!their too good to be true..especially their drummer..wow!!what can i say!!AQUARIA RULEZ..i even make a sticker by the name of this band to put in my car!!
19.02.2010 - 21:45
Inlé
Good band is good. Well written cheese with a symphonic/tribal edge.
21.02.2010 - 15:13
MeTalRea|istiK
Nobody mention in their 2nd album vitor veiga sound just like klaus maine??
22.02.2010 - 18:36
JÄY
Metal slave
Aquaria was on of the first power metal bands i ever listened to and i havnt heard of them again, till now..sweet!!