Metal Storm logo
Dry Kill Logic

23.10.2007 - 20:14
Olli
I don't feel imaganitive so i shall quote from wikipedia for the start.

"Dry Kill Logic is a four-piece Metalcore band from Westchester County, New York, USA. They formed in 1993 (under the name Hinge) and are still active. They have released three albums, their most recent being Of Vengeance and Violence which was released in September 16, 2006."

They released 2 EP's "Cause Moshing is Good Fun" and "Elemental Evil" Which I haven't been able to get.
They then struck a record deal with Roadrunner Records and released "The Darker Side Of Nonsense", probably my favorite by them with killer songs such as "Rot" and "Nightmare". Vocals were well done and had an aggressive and the songs had a dark feel to them.
They then released "The Dead And The Dreaming", not as good as the previous album in my opinion but still good, the ebst song on their probably being "Perfect Enemy" or "Paper Tiger".
They then released "Of Vengeance and Violence", a slightly softer feel to some of the songs, but pretty good none the less.
A song with clean vocals called "Kingdom Of The Blind" was my favorite surprisingly.. great song and "Boneyard".

So.. doe's anyone here like them? I don't think their a very well known band, but their first album is definetly worth checking out.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
24.10.2007 - 00:32
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
I have seen these guys live before. Very good Metalcore band. Not the best, they do tend to repeat the same style in songs, but still some solid songs there.

I first learned about them when they toured on Gigantour.
----
(space for rent)
24.10.2007 - 06:29
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
The first time I heard of Dry Kill Logic was with the whole Gigantour thing...I agree with Dane though...they're quite repetitious...
23.08.2008 - 18:05
brapp32
I love these guys. I've beaten their albums to death and I'm waiting patiently for something new by them. They got a good sound to to along with some great vocals. I'd really like to catch these guys on tour one day.
02.09.2008 - 14:58
Madame Nocturna
Account deleted
Great band. I like how they sound even if it's tipical metalcore but what the hell !
I specially like songs Rot & Paper Tiger. -> Video for that song is great.
Song Rot reminds me a little bit on SOAD style.
04.05.2009 - 06:01
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by brapp32 on 23.08.2008 at 18:05

I love these guys. I've beaten their albums to death and I'm waiting patiently for something new by them. They got a good sound to to along with some great vocals. I'd really like to catch these guys on tour one day.

Don't know if there is a new album or they have disbanded. The last I heard from them was ''Of Vengeance And Violence'' of 2006 (the worst of the three i've listen).

Even being a metalcore band, they can be easily associated with nu-metal. The Darker Side of Nonsense has some rap vocals, which are very good by the way. Through the years they began to identifie better with the thrashy/metalcore, as we can hear in the last(?) album.

Anyway, too bad, I prefer the first album.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
04.05.2009 - 16:26
brapp32
I check their my space from time to time and it seems like they are taking a long break. I like all their albums. None of them really sound the same.
15.02.2011 - 16:40
JD
Account deleted
I love this band, in fact they are one of the first metalcore bands I got into.
15.02.2011 - 17:31
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I thought they were nu-metal?
20.02.2011 - 11:48
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.02.2011 at 17:31

I thought they were nu-metal?

I guess they are something between Nu-Metal and Metalcore, but more Metalcore
01.05.2011 - 18:24
FinnishSammich
They're good and Rot is a great song.
19.08.2011 - 22:26
JD
Account deleted
Written by FinnishSammich on 01.05.2011 at 18:24

Yeah, I love that song, but isn't a SpiceGirls cover or something?
19.08.2011 - 22:45
FinnishSammich
Written by Guest on 19.08.2011 at 22:26

Yeah, I love that song, but isn't a SpiceGirls cover or something?

Really? Didn't know that
19.08.2011 - 23:30
JD
Account deleted
Written by FinnishSammich on 19.08.2011 at 22:45

Really? Didn't know that

I just checked it now, well it's not actually a cover, it just sounded a bit like the SpiceGirls' "Wannabe" in the beginning of the song, and the lyrics is kinda similar.
14.10.2011 - 01:23
brapp32
They got better and better with each album they put out. I wish I had a chance to see them live.
15.05.2013 - 14:38
Jtbmetal123
These really do kill. I mean every album is a hit. They dont have one bad song. But I have no idea what happened to them. Id love to hear another album from them. I never got a chance to see them live but I would. One of my favorite bands of all time. They kind of have a Nu metal sound to them on "The Darker Side Of Nonsense".
12.09.2013 - 21:25
DaveBarlow
Yeah, I like them. Haven't listen to them for ages though.

Will probs get around to playing them again at some point
24.12.2013 - 22:23
DaveBarlow
Big fan but never saw them live
09.02.2014 - 04:55
Jtbmetal123

Rot is the song that got me into them.
14.11.2014 - 08:36
Nelson143
People of MS prepare yourself for one of the most brilliant bands ever. Yes, im talking about Divina Enema, the amazing Divina Enema. Just listen to the beautiful vocals, they are fucking great. I was headbanging like crazy the first time I heard this band, my head almost fell off. A few tracks on YT can't describe the brilliance of Divina Enema but I might as well post two of them. Feel free to discuss this amazing band.

14.11.2014 - 10:46
Ganondox
Written by Nelson143 on 14.11.2014 at 08:36

People of MS prepare yourself for one of the most brilliant bands ever. Yes, im talking about Divina Enema, the amazing Divina Enema. Just listen to the beautiful vocals, they are fucking great. I was headbanging like crazy the first time I heard this band, my head almost fell off. A few tracks on YT can't describe the brilliance of Divina Enema but I might as well post two of them. Feel free to discuss this amazing band.

Spammer located in sights, set phase to kill....

Anyway, the band definitely isn't just pure metalcore, the nu metal bit is significant. I rather like Paper Tiger, but the band doesn't really stand out to me.
24.04.2015 - 01:13
Filthgrinder
They're not bad. I used to listen to them a lot.
----
09.03.2016 - 13:38
Jtbmetal123
I saw on their facebook, They are in the studio recording a new album.
25.04.2016 - 00:03
Brian426
That is great news to hear. I used to be a really big fan of their music. One of the few bands I listened to back in the day that made a solid album from beginning to end.
24.05.2017 - 18:20
Jtbmetal123
Written by Brian426 on 25.04.2016 at 00:03

That is great news to hear. I used to be a really big fan of their music. One of the few bands I listened to back in the day that made a solid album from beginning to end.

Yeah man same here
06.09.2017 - 15:25
Olli
No updates since January? Thinking it's not going to happen to be honest.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
25.01.2018 - 22:09
Agent Orange
Account deleted
How sad that the way of the band is unknown ... it seems to me that I still had what to show ..
26.01.2019 - 00:28
Heavy Metta
Nightmare was a solid tune back in the day and I remember enjoying The Darker Side of Nonsense.
----
Last Gig: Max & Igor Cavalera (w/ Conan)
Upcoming (maybe): In Flames, Parkway Drive, Bloodstock Festival, Arctangent Festival, Damnation Festival 2021, Meshuggah, and 2 Orange Goblin livestreams