Metal Storm logo
SA metal magazines

24.05.2023 - 13:15
Battlelord
Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there are any metal magazines in SA? Like in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina etc? Can I get some links? Thank you.
----
I see the fear you have inside, you can run but never hide
I will hunt you down and tear you limb from limb
Nothing shall remain, not your memory, your name
It will be as though you never, ever lived
24.05.2023 - 14:18
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Woah, this brings me back! You reminded me of Rock Brigade, now, from the 90s, back when physical magazines were a thing.
I had a friend who was working so he could buy them and I, a student, would not have the money to do so, so I just envied his magazines back them.

They were pretty cool to read because back then we didn't have internet (Brazil got the wifi at homes waaay later) and even if we did, downloading music would to take foreeever, so we actually had to buy stuff in order to listen to. And reading those magazines was a way of anticipating how the obscure bands sounded while not having to blind buy their stuff ourselves. Nowadays we can just do our own judgement finding everything online, so now it's completely obsolete.

This is how they looked like: https://www.bancadorock.com.br/pagina/c584e/rock-brigade

(dont go too overboard on the link, I just posted the first one I found, not sure how legit the shipping is)

----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
24.05.2023 - 17:34
Battlelord
Thank you so much, I appreciate your reply! Sounds like Greece in the 90s as well, so lots of common memories there.
----
I see the fear you have inside, you can run but never hide
I will hunt you down and tear you limb from limb
Nothing shall remain, not your memory, your name
It will be as though you never, ever lived