Metal Storm logo
Do you think metal is healing music ?

13.10.2023 - 11:48
Metalstorm guys, do you think metal is healing music ? Which songs, album, artists mentioned what you found.
13.10.2023 - 12:07
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
I might have some ideas about this but for the sake of discussion, what do you mean by "healing", exactly? That word could mean anything. What sort of healing, healing from what, in which way?
14.10.2023 - 15:39
It's like chilling and relaxing music.
14.10.2023 - 22:22
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
It de...pends on the particular band, I guess.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
15.10.2023 - 00:36
no one
It's actually harmful music that can evoke Demons
----
Unable to connect to the database
20.10.2023 - 17:43
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
Written by no one on 15.10.2023 at 00:36

It's actually harmful music than can evoke Demons

Especially played backwards.
20.10.2023 - 19:08
Metal Rasputin
I find metal music energizing rather than just relaxing. Every time I'm working out or doing something else and I need to conjure up some unholy motivation from hell, you bet I'm listening to metal and only metal. You can sit down and relax with pretty much any music as long as you enjoy it.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
22.10.2023 - 20:27
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
Metal is generally very intense and emotional and expressive, which can definitely be cathartic in the right situations and states of mind. In that sense, I'd say metal surely has some healing powers.
23.10.2023 - 09:11
Especially songs are calm. Like doom.
07.11.2023 - 06:10
24emd
Theory Snob
I mostly listen to hugely bipolar forms of metal, so everything I listen has more energizing moments amongst the peaceful and relaxing.
----
"I am too stupid to be human, and I lack common sense." - Proverbs 30:2
"Music? Well, it's just entertainment, folks!" - Devin Townsend

Best 2024 Albums
07.11.2023 - 18:26
mde017
Yes,
Death "Spiritual Healing"
Saint Vitus "Die Healing"
----
Okręt mój płynie dalej gdzieś tam
Serce choć popękane chce bić
Nie ma Cię i nie było jest noc
Nie ma mnie i nie było jest dzień
17.04.2024 - 16:09
Cronopio
In a sense. Some of my favorite power metal bands instil a sense of self-empowerment in me. Feelings that are positive but are generally hard to describe in more detail. I do prefer bands with lyrics about personal hardships and overcoming them to the ones singing about dragons and the like, but I'm generally not picky. As long as the music gives me that certain sense of "yeah whatever, things suck, but FUCK it, I'm here now and there are people who feel exactly the same way, and they also make awesome yet supremely cheesy sing-along music, so it's all good". Make sense?
----
Pulvis et umbra.