Metal Storm logo
Danish metal

Original post

Posted by Netzach, 12.11.2023 - 13:10
Ok, so compared to Sweden, Finland, Norway, and Iceland, Denmark stands out among the Nordic countries for being notoriously low on popular metal bands. There's like, what, Mercyful Fate and Lars Ulrich and what else? Why is there so little popular metal from Denmark and what bands have you got in mind to prove me wrong?
09.12.2023 - 18:01
Written by Netzach on 09.12.2023 at 17:53

Written by MetalstomCrimina on 09.12.2023 at 17:20

Maybe becuz they Denmark is s one of happiest country, so they hate metal extreme stuff.

So are all the other Nordic countries, yet we've ended up inventing some of the harshest, darkest, most extreme music still in existence. Maybe there's some sort of inverted correlation there, we're so happy we're getting bored... So that still doesn't explain Denmark I'm afraid.

Denmark, Denmark, Denmark... you're a mystery to everybody.

True, I agreed. I don't understand why Denmark is not land of metal like Swe or Nor, the thing i found that is you guys are Nordic the happiest place of the world, but the rate of suicicde isw highest. Scandinavian is happiest along of highest rates of suicide. maybe freedom of feeling and moods. I can't migrate to Den, I don't know Den Lang, bunch of Vnese in Den.
09.12.2023 - 18:22
Nejde
CommunityManager
Written by JoHn Doe on 09.12.2023 at 17:22

Written by MetalstomCrimina on 09.12.2023 at 17:22

Denmark has some good band like Aqua too.

that horrid band is from Denmark?!

Enjoy this metal cover of Aqua's Lollipop instead. You might recognize the female singer

09.12.2023 - 18:34
JoHn Doe
Written by Nejde on 09.12.2023 at 18:22

Written by JoHn Doe on 09.12.2023 at 17:22

Written by MetalstomCrimina on 09.12.2023 at 17:22

Denmark has some good band like Aqua too.

that horrid band is from Denmark?!

Enjoy this metal cover of Aqua's Lollipop instead. You might recognize the female singer

also terrible.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
09.12.2023 - 18:45
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
Written by MetalstomCrimina on 09.12.2023 at 18:01

True, I agreed. I don't understand why Denmark is not land of metal like Swe or Nor, the thing i found that is you guys are Nordic the happiest place of the world, but the rate of suicicde isw highest. Scandinavian is happiest along of highest rates of suicide. maybe freedom of feeling and moods. I can't migrate to Den, I don't know Den Lang, bunch of Vnese in Den.

Of course the statistics will show we are the happiest when those who feel like shit kill themselves. But also I think probably not many countries even keep stats like suicide rate, depression rate, and stuff like that... There are several reasons why the suicide rate might be notably high up here, but that's another topic.
10.12.2023 - 06:35
Yea I agreed the rate of suicide and depression only stats in Den, in Vietnam no clear depth of that such research.
10.12.2023 - 12:20
JHK
Yeah, it is true that Denmark doesn’t have anywhere near as many metal bands as the other Nordic countries, and those few we got don’t have the same level of established reputation. I think someone already mentioned a lot of these, but Saturnus, Iotunn, Myrkur, Konvent, Mercenary, Afsky, Illnath, Konvent, Vola and The Arcane Order, are among the first Danish bands that for me come to mind. Being from Aarhus I would also have to mention local bands like Hatesphere, Møl, Beast (Bæst), Sunken and Livløs.
11.12.2023 - 07:22
TheCrazyGoat

Very good album
11.12.2023 - 16:26
Vellichor
I think the biggest difference between Denmark and other Nordic countries is the fact that they didn’t have such a strong underground scene around the time metal was becoming popular. Norway obviously had notoriety in black metal with bands like Mayhem, Darkthrone, Burzum, and the rest of the early bands that shaped second wave bm and went on to start multiple other bands later on. In Sweden Bathory was obviously a pretty huge influence on black metal, but they also had a very strong death metal and doom scene with Candlemass, Opeth, Katatonia, Dark Tranquillity and many other artists who went on to form multiple projects. Finland even had Amorphis, Sentenced, Beherit, and a few other bands that gained recognition early. Denmark didn’t have anyone really comparable in extreme metal so they didn’t have a strong start like their neighbors. Thats my theory. I could be way off though, who really knows.
17.04.2024 - 16:05
Cronopio
I like Mercenary and Hatesphere when it comes to the heavier stuff, but I'm also partial to a sweet power metal band called Seven Thorns (also in their previous incarnation as 7thorns), since I'm a sucker for European power metal. Would like to get to know more Danish bands though, that's for certain.
----
Pulvis et umbra.