Metal Storm logo
Jorn Lande

Original post

Posted by SteTech, 05.06.2006 - 16:29
Jorn Lande is one of my favourite vocalists. I first heard him in Masterplan, and have loved his voice since. I decided to look into all the other bands he's been in, including his solo band Jorn and his collaboration with Symphony X's Russell Allen, The Battle, which is one of my fave albums. Another band which caught my attention was Millenium, who are very unknown
07.07.2007 - 16:03
Imraghil
i really like jorn's voice. to bad he left masterplan. But it were two great albums. He has the "X-Factor" :p
08.01.2008 - 09:49
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I was watching my first post...how i dare to say that?

I just get the last disc (Live In America)...and i have to say: Is A F**** Masterpiece!!!!!!! The Whitesnake Medley! I Love It! Long Live Jorn!
02.04.2008 - 11:12
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
The cover of the new Jorn's album, entitled "Lonely Are The Brave", was revealed [Link].

Also the song 'Lonely Are The Brave' is available for streaming at this location.
01.05.2008 - 08:41
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Written by White Winter Sun on 02.04.2008 at 11:12

The cover of the new Jorn's album, entitled "Lonely Are The Brave", was revealed [Link].

Also the song 'Lonely Are The Brave' is available for streaming at this location.

That is avery good cover, i like it. And the title is great too.
20.09.2008 - 12:18
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
My first real experience with this guy was at Wacken this year, where he was a guest on Avantasia. Damn he did a good job (when his mic was fixed). Heard a few Masterplan songs and really liked them, but not enough to form a decent opinion on the guy.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
10.06.2009 - 02:06
Infurnace
He's probably one of the best singers in metal, IMO. His powerful voice and performance are great. I think my favorite albums featuring Jorn Lande are "Aeronautics" from Masterplan, and "Burn The Sun" from Ark. I haven't had the time to listen to his solo albums before, but I'm planning to.
20.06.2009 - 21:47
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Ok, has anyone yet heard his cover of Tarja's "I Walk Alone" ?? When I first heard he was covering Tarja I was floored.. speechless. I really like both singers but DAMN they are just in such different places. Strangely enough, I really like the cover. Jorn sounds great and I actually like his version better. It really rocks out. I'm still so shocked tho,
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
21.06.2009 - 01:17
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Jorn knows how to do covers...But when it comes to composing his own stuff, he's quite mediocre. Hopefully his reunion with Masterplan won't be of a short lasting. Really, he should let other make the music, and do what he does best - sing like hell.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
21.06.2009 - 05:16
opeth771
According to blabbermouth, Jorn Lande is making his return with Masterplan. If this is any true OMFG IM GOING TO BE SO HAPPY!
21.06.2009 - 11:18
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Now THAT makes me happy Yeah, even if it's short-lived. Just ONE more album guys, just ONE and I'll be eternally grateful!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
22.06.2009 - 15:40
MeloDeathViking
Written by opeth771 on 21.06.2009 at 05:16

According to blabbermouth, Jorn Lande is making his return with Masterplan. If this is any true OMFG IM GOING TO BE SO HAPPY!

That would be incredible, do you have a link to this or anything, I would love to see what they're saying about it.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
23.06.2009 - 01:17
opeth771
From Roadrunner records/Blabbermouth website: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.Net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=118531

From Ultimate-metal: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/beyond-ear-candy/489021-jorn-returns-masterplan.html
23.06.2009 - 19:40
MeloDeathViking
Written by opeth771 on 23.06.2009 at 01:17

From Roadrunner records/Blabbermouth website: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.Net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=118531

From Ultimate-metal: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/beyond-ear-candy/489021-jorn-returns-masterplan.html

Awesome! Thanks a lot man. This is definitly some of the best news I've heard recently. By the time I discovered Masterplan, he was long gone, so I really couldn't look forward to any more albums from them, but now things have changed!
----
23.06.2009 - 20:28
RockeRoy
Jørn Lande made a song for the Norwegian soccer team in 1994, the song got realy big here in norway, they sing on norwegian, but they sing the chorus in english the last time, anyway her is a link for the music video if any one is interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9EDDCECt3Y
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
21.07.2009 - 22:31
Baz Anderson
Staff
I've always stuck with Masterplan, if he actually is going to be the new singer - I am extremely happy. The first two albums were just amazing.
21.07.2009 - 23:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Baz Anderson on 21.07.2009 at 22:31

I've always stuck with Masterplan, if he actually is going to be the new singer - I am extremely happy. The first two albums were just amazing.

We don't agree on much when it comes to power metal, but here I fully agree with you. Lande gave Masterplan just that something extra special that made them stand out from the euro power metal masses.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.07.2009 - 23:20
Ivor
Staff
Have to agree with both of you. Masterplan sounded interesting only with Lande. To be honest, his solo material has something missing as well, from the other side, though.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on M
21.07.2009 - 23:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ivor on 21.07.2009 at 23:20

Have to agree with both of you. Masterplan sounded interesting only with Lande. To be honest, his solo material has something missing as well, from the other side, though.

I.

I absolutely love Lande's voice, it reminds me of Dio's vocals.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.07.2009 - 23:40
Ivor
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.07.2009 at 23:36

I.

Yeah, that's why I've listened to his solo stuff as well. But in comparison to Masterplan's first album that stuff is considerably weaker.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on M
22.07.2009 - 17:05
MeloDeathViking
Written by Ivor on 21.07.2009 at 23:40

I.

Yeah, that's why I've listened to his solo stuff as well. But in comparison to Masterplan's first album that stuff is considerably weaker.

I.

I've never been able to bring myself to buy one of his solo albums. I listened to the sample tracks on Itunes, and I keep getting the feeling that if I buy it I'm gonna be really disappointed.
----
23.07.2009 - 05:16
Hrothdane
Written by MeloDeathViking on 22.07.2009 at 17:05

Written by Ivor on 21.07.2009 at 23:40

I.

I.

I've never been able to bring myself to buy one of his solo albums. I listened to the sample tracks on Itunes, and I keep getting the feeling that if I buy it I'm gonna be really disappointed.

I have the same feeling. My metal budget is extremely limited now, so I have to be much more picky about what I get.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
26.07.2009 - 19:39
Saitenhexerin
Though his works are not bad, you should maybe give them a listen. But I somehow understand that, I guess if he is Masterplan for example, they interact much more and therefore the diversity is bigger than if he does it on his own. BUt maybe he has some co-workers or a constant band...? does anybody know this?
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
27.07.2009 - 01:52
MetalSpider
Definitely happy he is back with Masterplan. Aeronautics was an awesome album!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!