Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom - Album Title Revealed

Children Of Bodom bassist Henkka Blacksmith has posted the following update straight from the Petrax Studio in Hollola, Finland:

"Last week in studio, Alexi has been doing vocals with Peter Tägtgren this week. Janne will finish his stuff now also, and by the end of the week everything should be fine. We will start mixing and mastering right away.

We did 9 tracks, including a new version of "Tie My Rope", plus 4 coversongs. We will post the different formats as soon as these are confirmed with the different release dates. The actual album itself will contain 9 COB tracks.

The album will be called Blooddrunk."

Source: cobhc.com
Band profile: Children Of Bodom
Posted: 14.11.2007 by Dark_Meteor

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 55   Visited by: 36 users
14.11.2007 - 23:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Silly name but cover songs hope good like those 2 IM
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.11.2007 - 23:29
Warman
Erotic Stains
Blooddrunk? Very well, I thought the second half of Tie My Rope was excellent and reminded me of their old days. So my hopes are high!
----
14.11.2007 - 23:51
un4givendemon
please be better than "Are You Dead Yet?", PLEASE!
15.11.2007 - 00:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Blooddrunk? That sounds so rock n roll, it looks like its gonna be sweet.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.11.2007 - 00:33
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
The name of the album is not fundamental. I prefer a poor name and an explosive contents that inverts it.
15.11.2007 - 01:23
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
Did they mention what cover songs they preformed in that Bodom TV/video blog?
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
15.11.2007 - 01:27
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Dr. Rock: yeah, i was just thinking that they're trying too hard to be all 'harrrd' like Motorhead and it's pathetic , I gave up on these guys so many albums ago.
15.11.2007 - 01:31
dancingdecember
cob is so emo it makes real emo bands run in shame.and they are lame and cliche too.tie my rope,put a nail in my coffin,dig my grave whatever...
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
15.11.2007 - 01:49
Metal Maiden
Megadead
I sure have high hopes for this one...I don't want things to turn out like In Flames for them...
15.11.2007 - 02:21
Piro
Bad name, but hopefully going to be a good album...
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
15.11.2007 - 02:29
Talvi
Well, at least I liked all CoB albums, but don't love them, so I don't care if he shits the album. But I'll receive it arms open if it's good
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
15.11.2007 - 03:59
shambolic
Account deleted
Sadly i do not expect to see them getting back to their Hatebreeder days.
15.11.2007 - 04:11
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.11.2007 at 03:59

Yeah, I'm going to be the Devil's advocate today. So here goes another, personally I don't really think Children of Bodom should go back to the Hatebreeder style...now before all you folks get your panties in a bunch, I'm not saying that they should continue with what they had on AYDY? either. I think if Children of Bodom kept making albums like Hatebreeder or FTR they would eventually just rip themselves off. They need to progress, do something a little different. Even though they've changed a lot, you can still here that signature COB sound in their music. Besides, plenty of bands are doing what Children of Bodom did back in the day, so its not like you can't find other extreme power/death/melodic/whateveryouwanttocallit metal music out there.
15.11.2007 - 04:35
selken
Irreligious
Written by Guest on 15.11.2007 at 03:59

thats quite possible (although my fav album is follow the reaper) but I would get satisfied with a sound similar to HCD
----
15.11.2007 - 07:03
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Guest on 15.11.2007 at 03:04
Actually those bands you mentioned are more just pop music, proper emo is stuff like Atreyu and Circle Takes the Square from back in the day. "Everytime I Die", "Needled 24/7" and "Angels Don't Kill" ARE a little emo from a lyrical standpoint, as well as several of their other titles. I think I agree about wanting to see something different from both the old stuff and AYDY but frankly I don't care too much either way
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
15.11.2007 - 07:47
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
blooddrunk i dont think its that great a name - but lets hope the music speaks otherwise
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
15.11.2007 - 09:24
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Syk on 15.11.2007 at 07:03

Written by Guest on 15.11.2007 at 03:04
Actually those bands you mentioned are more just pop music, proper emo is stuff like Atreyu and Circle Takes the Square from back in the day. "Everytime I Die", "Needled 24/7" and "Angels Don't Kill" ARE a little emo from a lyrical standpoint, as well as several of their other titles. I think I agree about wanting to see something different from both the old stuff and AYDY but frankly I don't care too much either way

Well, then most metalbands are emo lyricwise (except from Korpiklaani and some oddballs). Most metalbands have written a song about depression?
Besides, emo stands for emotional. A song about happiness or hornyness could also be emo from that point of view

Bloddrunk is a really ugly name, but I dont care much. Hope they'll put out a good album!
15.11.2007 - 10:58
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
According to an article in the November 2007 issue of the Finnish magazine Soundi, Children Of Bodom has laid down cover versions of the following songs during the recording sessions for its sixth album, "Blooddrunk":

"War Inside My Head" (Suicidal Tendencies)
"Lookin' Out My Back Door" (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
"Just Dropped In" (Kenny Rogers)
"Ghost Riders In The Sky" (Stan Jones)

Source: here.
15.11.2007 - 11:06
Warman
Erotic Stains
Well, they usually do pretty good covers so...
----
15.11.2007 - 12:43
Spirit in Black
Account deleted
blooddrunk?????
i dont think that it is a good name.....but whatever Children of bodom rocks!!!!!!!!!
15.11.2007 - 13:25
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by White Winter Sun on 15.11.2007 at 10:58

According to an article in the November 2007 issue of the Finnish magazine Soundi, Children Of Bodom has laid down cover versions of the following songs during the recording sessions for its sixth album, "Blooddrunk":

"War Inside My Head" (Suicidal Tendencies)
"Lookin' Out My Back Door" (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
"Just Dropped In" (Kenny Rogers)
"Ghost Riders In The Sky" (Stan Jones)

Source: here.

Damn, I really wanna see how will first and last song from that list comeout...??? Sounds interesting.
----
15.11.2007 - 15:07
Tod_Engel
The album title sounds stupid, but that's not a problem. Just hope they come out with something interesting this time.
15.11.2007 - 15:52
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
I don't give a damn of the album title, I want to hear the songs (I hope they will be better than Are You Dead Yet...)
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
15.11.2007 - 16:09
Judas
The Amputator
I hope this is better than their last effort. I pretty much gave up on them after 'Are You Dead Yet', but the slight tinge of nostalgia and the hope for something more similar to their early stuff will have me checking this out nonetheless.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
15.11.2007 - 16:31
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
Written by dancingdecember on Today at 01:31

cob is so emo it makes real emo bands run in shame.and they are lame and cliche too.tie my rope,put a nail in my coffin,dig my grave whatever...

People who call bands like Children of Bodom emo make me roll on the floor laughing. You obviously don't have a clue what emo music is. Children of Bodom are about emo as George Bush is a good president. Which is...NOT AT ALL. Emo music are bands like Dashboard Confessional, Hawthorne Heights, Fall Out Boy, Panic At the Disco, All American Rejects, etc. Get educated on other genres of music before you run your mouth.

WHY DON'T YOU GET EDUCATED TOO.FALL OUT BOY , PANIC! AT THE DISCO, ALL AMERICAN REJECTS AREN'T EMO... THEY LOOK EMO, BUT THEY'RE MUSIC IS NOT EMO... IT'S REALLY SIMPLE...
FALL OUT BOY PLAYS PUNK ROCK
ALL THE AMERICAN REJECTS PLAYS ROCK POP
PANIC! AT THE DISSCO... IN FACT THIS IS DIFFICULT BUT IT'S LIKE DANCE ROCK POP ...
SO... AT LEAST READ SOMETHING ABOUT THOSE BANDS
BTW COB IS AMAZING .. SO I WANT TO LISTEN A GOOD CD
15.11.2007 - 16:33
Abattoir
Staff
Wtf ?!...The album title is great!!... :hehe:
Well, the last album is not so convincing, like the most of you already said...but I think and I hope that this one will be better and more similar to first 3 albums ...
15.11.2007 - 16:53
Veertje
I don't see what's wrong with Blooddrunk, there are tons of band who have titles with 'blood' in it I'll wait for the album untill i give my opinion about, bit silly to bring it down already.
15.11.2007 - 17:10
Arcesse Eum
Written by Guest on 15.11.2007 at 16:31

Written by dancingdecember on Today at 01:31

People who call bands like Children of Bodom emo make me roll on the floor laughing. You obviously don't have a clue what emo music is. Children of Bodom are about emo as George Bush is a good president. Which is...NOT AT ALL. Emo music are bands like Dashboard Confessional, Hawthorne Heights, Fall Out Boy, Panic At the Disco, All American Rejects, etc. Get educated on other genres of music before you run your mouth.

WHY DON'T YOU GET EDUCATED TOO.FALL OUT BOY , PANIC! AT THE DISCO, ALL AMERICAN REJECTS AREN'T EMO... THEY LOOK EMO, BUT THEY'RE MUSIC IS NOT EMO... IT'S REALLY SIMPLE...
FALL OUT BOY PLAYS PUNK ROCK
ALL THE AMERICAN REJECTS PLAYS ROCK POP
PANIC! AT THE DISSCO... IN FACT THIS IS DIFFICULT BUT IT'S LIKE DANCE ROCK POP ...
SO... AT LEAST READ SOMETHING ABOUT THOSE BANDS
BTW COB IS AMAZING .. SO I WANT TO LISTEN A GOOD CD

No, COB isnt Emo, they are Nu Metal, which is equally shitty.
----
As above, so below.
15.11.2007 - 20:19
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Written by Arcesse Eum on 15.11.2007 at 17:10

No, COB isnt Emo, they are Nu Metal, which is equally shitty.

Yep...and Linkin park play Grindcore...
15.11.2007 - 20:46
Eight
Shapeshifter
On topic:

Don't like the name 'Blooddrunk', i just hope they will do something good that sounds like old stuff.

Usual offtopic crap:

Who the hell brought this 'emo crap' into MS should lie down and die, please. Was so wonderful without those kids here. Seeing band names (at the very fucking least thank god only in posts and comments) such as: Limp Bizkit, Slipknot and Linking Park on Metal Storm is the same as painting my walls pink.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."

Hits total: 6313 | This month: 13