Metal Storm logo
Do you go by a nickname?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 26.11.2007 - 08:51
Do you go by a nickname or do you use the name you were given at birth? I don't go by the name I was born with, instead I use a shorter version. This could apply to any sort of nickname, though.
16.05.2011 - 21:33
Yh, my name is Lauri, and people call me Latex (Its kinda hard to tell you how to pronounce it... E is a tad longer than A, and X is really sharp xD).
My mum likes to call me larsson for some strange reason...
But its okay, i like both of them
16.05.2011 - 22:00
Valentin B
Iconoclast
My name is Valentin but most people just call me Vali as it's shorter. my second name is Eugen and i sometimes introduced myself as "Gene" because it's easier to pronounce for native English speakers.
16.05.2011 - 22:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Kennoth on 05.10.2010 at 20:59

Written by Guest on 05.10.2010 at 15:43

Is it pronounced Sa-li?

Nope
Sa-Le
Le as in Levitation

Since I speak spanish and everything is pronounced the way it is written, I said it right inmediately.
Sale is a verb in spanish btw... it means "Get out" (Salir is the "pure" verb without any changes of time or person, Sale is an order to get the fuck out )

Well, some people here call me Rodde and some close friends call me "chasca" or "chascon", I can't really translate it but it deals with my big, fluffy hair. I guess "hairy" is the best thing I can think of right now.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
16.05.2011 - 23:23
Yasmine
A few people call me Yazzy, that's it.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
16.05.2011 - 23:31
Void_Eater
Account deleted
My name is Gregory, but most people call me Greg, aside from my family and a couple of close friends.
17.05.2011 - 09:05
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Hmmm I've got shitloads
Abhishek Michael is real name, my folks call me abhi.
Most people call me mike or michael. Apart from that i have a few friends that call me shek and pots
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
17.05.2011 - 13:43
Bulletdodger
"Senior" is the last nickname I got, but not many people use it.
Most people call me "Bata" which means big-bro.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
17.05.2011 - 14:18
Kennoth
Written by X-Ray Rod on 16.05.2011 at 22:05

Since I speak spanish and everything is pronounced the way it is written, I said it right inmediately.

Same with Croatian
----
*insert something deep and profound*
17.05.2011 - 14:35
ANGEL REAPER
Always using my nickname when i meting new people...Partly because i rarely use my real name and partly for security reasons...
Anyway my nickname is Sava and it is my last name shorten....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
17.05.2011 - 18:09
Tormentor666
Written by X-Ray Rod on 16.05.2011 at 22:05

Written by Kennoth on 05.10.2010 at 20:59

Written by Guest on 05.10.2010 at 15:43

Is it pronounced Sa-li?

Nope
Sa-Le
Le as in Levitation

Sale is a verb in spanish btw... it means "Get out" (Salir is the "pure" verb without any changes of time or person, Sale is an order to get the fuck out )

Well, some people here call me Rodde and some close friends call me "chasca" or "chascon", I can't really translate it but it deals with my big, fluffy hair. I guess "hairy" is the best thing I can think of right now.

Well, actually "sale" is not the imperative form, but the third person singular of the present simple. The imperative form is simply "sal".

My real name is Antonio, and most of people call me by that, only my friends call me Toni.
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17.05.2011 - 18:29
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Tormentor666 on 17.05.2011 at 18:09

[Well, actually "sale" is not the imperative form, but the third person singular of the present simple. The imperative form is simply "sal".

My real name is Antonio, and most of people call me by that, only my friends call me Toni.

Hmmmm now that I think about it I guess you're right but I have heard both Sal and sale being used in imperative form.
But yeah, the more I think about it, You are right it sal sounds correct
----
Rod, let me love you.
17.05.2011 - 18:32
Tormentor666
In that case, the second option is wrong. It is used in football for example, when the striker is alone in front of the keeper, you may shout to him "sale" in order to get him out of the area and make some pressure against the striker. In that case it is the imperative form "sal" plus the object pronoun for the thrid person "le". But it is not correct Spanish, because the verb "salir" doesn't admit any kind of object.
----
17.05.2011 - 18:42
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Tormentor666 on 17.05.2011 at 18:32

In that case, the second option is wrong. It is used in football for example, when the striker is alone in front of the keeper, you may shout to him "sale" in order to get him out of the area and make some pressure against the striker. In that case it is the imperative form "sal" plus the object pronoun for the thrid person "le". But it is not correct Spanish

THAT'S where I've heard it before! The odd thing is that.... I barely watch football, like... what?

Quote:
, because the verb "salir" doesn't admit any kind of object.

What do you mean by that?
----
Rod, let me love you.
17.05.2011 - 19:30
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
People used to call me Mrki ( something like "dark one" ) because of my facial expression most of the time.
Also, because of the vocative case of my last name people sometimes call me imitating the mating call of this fucker...

17.05.2011 - 20:37
Sophist
Kosta because of the last name
"Brat mi" a pretty strange way of saying "my brother" in our local dialect, and since I use that a lot considering I have a twin brother people started calling me like that.
And recently Bulgarian because of my last name.
17.05.2011 - 22:01
Tormentor666
Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.05.2011 at 18:42

Written by Tormentor666 on 17.05.2011 at 18:32

In that case, the second option is wrong. It is used in football for example, when the striker is alone in front of the keeper, you may shout to him "sale" in order to get him out of the area and make some pressure against the striker. In that case it is the imperative form "sal" plus the object pronoun for the thrid person "le". But it is not correct Spanish

THAT'S where I've heard it before! The odd thing is that.... I barely watch football, like... what?

Quote:
, because the verb "salir" doesn't admit any kind of object.

What do you mean by that?

I mean that "salir" is an intransitive verb, so you can't add the pronoun "le" to the base form of the imperative.
----
18.05.2011 - 07:51
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
My last name is Anderson, so people have always called me Ando