Metal Storm logo
Best Amon Amarth Album

Original post

Posted by BurbotsRevenge, 05.12.2007 - 06:55
recently, ive been listeneing to a heap of Amon Amarth, stuff from all over their career, and i was wondering if everyone would agree with what i came up with: Amon Amarth get better as they go along... (and thats not to say their early albums are bad ) I'm really interesting to hear your thoughts on that, and which is your favourite album?

Poll

Which is your favourite Amon Amarth album?

With Oden On Our Side
Versus The World
Fate Of Norns
Once Sent From The Golden Hall
The Crusher
The Avenger

Total votes: 169
16.04.2009 - 20:07
Heart_of_METAL

Wit Oden on Our Side was a best album of AA, but now it´s Twilight of the Thunder Gods.:bow:
17.04.2009 - 14:09
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I voted for with oden on our side as i believe it is the most "complete" effort of the band. great music, catchyness, production, vocals, etc...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
17.04.2009 - 19:35
Jan Destiny

I voted for Versus the world, but the Twilight of the thunder God is really good too. I hevan't got Oden on our side yet...
----
"Fiction is the truth inside the lie" (Stephen King)
17.04.2009 - 22:47
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
For me it's Versus The World, I love that album and ... And Soon The World Will Cease To Be is my fave song from AA. I was quite indecisive between Versus The World and With Oden On Our Side, which an amazing and mindfucking great album, but I decided to give my vote to VTV, because it was the first AA album I hear and got me into their music. I guess so With Oden... is their best album, but Versus remains my personal favourite.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
19.04.2009 - 03:12
Nardy7

Twilight Of The Thunder God (although it's not a choice) and With Oden On Our Side at a close second place.
24.04.2009 - 04:06
GULCH OF ROT

Written by Nardy7 on 19.04.2009 at 03:12

Twilight Of The Thunder God (although it's not a choice) and With Oden On Our Side at a close second place.

MY FEELINGS EXACTLY
----
AND ON THE 7TH DAY THE GULCH BEGAN TO ROT

http://www.myspace.com/gulchofrot
30.04.2009 - 00:02
Leiken
Account deleted
Once Sent From The Golden Hall for me, it has Ride for Vengence on it, abd dragon's flight across the waves. Both songs are ampng my very favourite songs from these guys.
30.04.2009 - 17:29
In_tallica

What brain dead human beings gave their vote to "The Avenger"?
04.05.2009 - 19:00
symbolic727

I really like Versus The World but With Oden On Our side Is the best album for me.
16.05.2009 - 22:50
Glower

I agree that Amon Amarth has gotten better the farther they've gone.
Versus the World is my favorite album, and With Oden On Our Side came in an easy second.
30.05.2009 - 01:36
studderingdave
Account deleted
I just got into Amon Amarth, i picked up "With Oden on our Side" as a shot in the dark, and i like it alot. anyone care to recommend another album?
30.05.2009 - 01:52
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by In_tallica on 30.04.2009 at 17:29

What brain dead human beings gave their vote to "The Avenger"?

why??? what going wrong with avenger??? it is a great album too.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
02.06.2009 - 00:52
Van Steel

I have voted for "With Oden On Our Side". "Cry of the Blackbirds" is one of my fav songs and I also love "Gods Of War Araise" and "Asator".

Twilight Of The Thunder God is my second choice
----
14.06.2009 - 16:49
Valentin B
Iconoclast
WOAH people really spammed "With Oden.." here...

i voted Fate of Norns, it's the most consistent and has many killer tracks(title, beheading of a king, pursuit of vikings)

though Oden is pretty good too, there's many great melodic tracks on there(which draws away from the brutality sadly )
i mean...

Death In Fire, For the Stabwounds in our Backs = melodic and brutal
Under the Northern Star, Cry of the Black Birds = melodic but not really that heavy
14.06.2009 - 23:20
Derwood

With Oden on Our Side with Vs the World an extremely close second. These guys have been my favourite band for pure headbanging purposes for a couple years now. The combination of music and lyrics on Oden just get my blood boiling.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
09.07.2009 - 06:02
Classic Bob G

Though it's not on here I'm going with Twilight of the Thunder God.

But because I had to pick from the ones available I went with Oden on our Side.
10.07.2009 - 13:53
Janne
Hugin
Written by Jan Destiny on 17.04.2009 at 19:35

I voted for Versus the world, but the Twilight of the thunder God is really good too. I hevan't got Oden on our side yet...

huge mistake! you must get it asap!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
10.07.2009 - 21:35
Nemesisyume

Fate Of Norns ihas always been my favorite.
With Oden On Our Side would probably be my second favorite.
11.07.2009 - 19:27
Jan Destiny

Written by Janne on 10.07.2009 at 13:53

I've got it. not bad, but Twilight is better for me
----
"Fiction is the truth inside the lie" (Stephen King)
11.07.2009 - 20:17
Janne
Hugin
Written by Jan Destiny on 11.07.2009 at 19:27

Written by Janne on 10.07.2009 at 13:53

I've got it. not bad, but Twilight is better for me

I liked both albums very much when they were new. Now I can't deciede which one is better but my favourite AA song is Cry Of The Black Birds which is on WOOOS.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
28.07.2009 - 00:08
Ankläger

Best release is by far Thor Arise (Risen From The Sea, Atrocious Humanity), after which they lost a lot of speed. But for albums I will say Once Sent From The Golden Hall, for Dragons' Flight, Amon Amarth, Ride For Vengance, etc.
28.07.2009 - 08:58
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Have heard a couple of them and "With Oden On Our Side" made it by me...Cry Of The Black Birds is their very best song
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

28.07.2009 - 09:50
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Ellrohir on 28.07.2009 at 08:58

Have heard a couple of them and "With Oden On Our Side" made it by me...Cry Of The Black Birds is their very best song

Have you heard Bleed for Ancient Gods? Now that's their best song!

Judging by the results, The Avenger is their most underrated album

@Joose
28.07.2009 - 10:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Dangerboner on 28.07.2009 at 09:50

Have you heard Bleed for Ancient Gods? Now that's their best song!

sorry man...i dont feel such a power from this song like from "Cry Of The Blackbirds" or "Twilight Of The Thundergod", though i have to admit the style is quite similar...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.08.2009 - 03:29
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
Yeah. They should definitely add the new album to this thing. I'd vote for it.
05.12.2009 - 15:32
Sludge Cowboy

With Oden On Our Side!!!!!!!
----
If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.
21.01.2010 - 17:10
Sulac

With Oden On Our Side is the first Amon Amarth album I heard. It was love at first hearing. Tracks like Runes To My Memory, Valhall Awaits Me, Hermod's Ride To Hel, and Predictions of Warfare are catchy and vividly detailed. I felt like I was listening to a musical narrative, but wasn't bored! I love the warfare themes, mythology, and such. WOOS is definitely the album that got me into Melodic Death Metal (though I'm pretty sure Dethklok could've done the same thing), and it's what ranks Amon Amarth as my favorite band of all time.
19.02.2011 - 23:21
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
With Oden On Our Side
20.02.2011 - 05:53
john_mcc

I went for "With Oden on our Side" in the end, but "Versus The World" comes a very close second.
06.03.2011 - 08:27
Yojimbo

I like Twilight a lot and I don't understand why fans bash it but Odin is a death metal classic and one the best albums I've ever heard.