Metal Storm logo
The Office

10.12.2007 - 22:29
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
The Office (American Version), is probably one of the funniest shows on TV right now, in my opinion. If you've seen the show, what are your thoughts about it? Likes/dislikes?
10.12.2007 - 23:55
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
I love this kind of humor, it's a great show. But the British version was even better, in fact, the US version is quite weak compared to the original one. The UK version is IMO the funniest non-animated TV-series ever. In the beginning, the jokes are actually quite difficult to adjust to because they're quite different even from British humor. I also highly recommend "The Extras" which is also by Ricky Gervais (and that other guy whose name I don't remember) and is excellent, too.

Oh, I have to admit that the secretary is much hotter in the US version
11.12.2007 - 00:45
Warman
Erotic Stains
Oh, I fucking hate the american version. Maybe I'd like it if there was no brittish version. But there is and the brittish version is just brilliant. One of the best ever! I looooooove Ricky Gervais, he's a genious!
----
11.12.2007 - 11:24
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by John Barleycorn on 10.12.2007 at 23:55

I love this kind of humor, it's a great show. But the British version was even better, in fact, the US version is quite weak compared to the original one. The UK version is IMO the funniest non-animated TV-series ever. In the beginning, the jokes are actually quite difficult to adjust to because they're quite different even from British humor. I also highly recommend "The Extras" which is also by Ricky Gervais (and that other guy whose name I don't remember) and is excellent, too.

Oh, I have to admit that the secretary is much hotter in the US version

The other guy is Stephen Merchant. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Merchant

Being from the UK I have to agree that the UK version is better .
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
11.12.2007 - 17:34
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
I got into The Office (US Version) because I can relate to it, and i think it is funny, I have not seen the UK one.
And i really love Dwight
I try to imitate him at work (yes one of the many ways to keep my self entertained there)
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
12.12.2007 - 00:44
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by Bararey on 11.12.2007 at 17:34

I got into The Office (US Version) because I can relate to it, and i think it is funny, I have not seen the UK one.
And i really love Dwight
I try to imitate him at work (yes one of the many ways to keep my self entertained there)

Yeah, I can definitely relate to that show. And yeah, I think Dwight is one of the best characters. I just bought a poster of him and put it up in the living room, gives me a good laugh everytime i see it.
13.12.2007 - 05:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I haven't seen the UK version, but I doubt there's a character funnier than Dwight. The US version is my favorite current TV show, and I actually own all the DVDs, which is something I rarely buy.

"Ooh you look exotic. Was your dad a G.I.?"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL XD

I did notice that the episode where Jim puts Dwight's stapler in Jell-O came from the UK version, or at least I think it did. That's pretty messed up if they directly copied it.
14.12.2007 - 01:11
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Dangerboner on 13.12.2007 at 05:18

I did notice that the episode where Jim puts Dwight's stapler in Jell-O came from the UK version, or at least I think it did. That's pretty messed up if they directly copied it.

yes, it came from there. some other jokes are copied as well.

i saw the UK version first, and i was pissing myself laughing over every episode. the jokes are so brilliantly built up and the characters are just so awsomely dry. i saw a couple of episodes from the US version, but i wasn't impressed.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
14.12.2007 - 02:53
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Ricky Gervais. Enough said.

Steve Carell

Brits just know how to make original, smart television programming.
i.e. Doctor Who, BlackAdder, Monty Python, Red Dwarf.

And when Americans do make great TV, it gets canceled. Arrested Development!!! Wake up!
14.12.2007 - 04:00
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
I like the poster idea of Dwight
I'll get one and put it in my cubical at work, that'll make it more fun

So the UK version is that funny.. how many seasons are out?
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
14.12.2007 - 06:06
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
the british version is heaps funny, but its sad to see people try and make better versions of it (cough america cough)
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
14.12.2007 - 11:08
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Bararey on 14.12.2007 at 04:00

I like the poster idea of Dwight
I'll get one and put it in my cubical at work, that'll make it more fun

So the UK version is that funny.. how many seasons are out?

The UK version had two series and a few christmas specials.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
14.12.2007 - 11:44
Deadsoulman
Elite
My English flatmates were totally crazy about The Office, so I watched it with them and just pissed myself laughing all along. I just love Ricky Gervais I just love English series anyway (BlackAdder, Black Books, Coupling, etc.)
I saw the US series, and I didn't find it half as funny. But it's still better than that pathetic French adaptation Canal+ committed one year ago (cleverly called "Le Bureau"). Man, was that not funny at all.
29.04.2009 - 01:18
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
I've been watching the US version of The Office recently and my opinion concerning that show has improved a lot. It has grown out of being a copy of the UK version and is among the best comedies on television these days.
I especially appreciate the side characters: Reed (he doesn't get to speak much, so that almost everything he says is brilliant), Stanley, Darryl (I love it when he teaches Michael "ghetto language"), and Kevin, of course (Kool-Aid Man).
20.07.2009 - 07:45
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The episode where Stanley gets a heart attack is probably the funniest one I've seen

http://www.hulu.com/watch/55745/the-office-stress-relief#x-4,cEpisodes,1