Metal Storm logo
AC/DC

Original post

Posted by meTalcoholic, 07.06.2006 - 23:05
Nothing to say really. If I have to introduce AC/DC, the world is comming to an end... I think everyone's heard of them and god knows many say they're AC/DC freaks and only know Hell's Bells or Back in Black . (friggin posers)

Anyway, anything about the band, favorite member, favorite album, concerts.... stuff
14.01.2007 - 11:21
Freezer
Written by spirit_inblack on 13.01.2007 at 05:52

I like the band and I have a couple albums and a dvd kicking around somewhere, but is it just me or does every song sound nearly the same? The structures are too similar, but then again they are a rock band, so I guess that is o.k. My favorite song of them is either Hells Bells, Hell Ain't a Bad Place To Be, or TNT. I prefer Johnson on the vocals, and Angus is very skilled on the guitar. In some ways, they helped to get me into metal.

it's true, they're style is repetitive and "ignorant", but man, they rocked a lot :p
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
15.01.2007 - 22:25
drum fiend
Account deleted
Well AC/DC is really awesome but are repetetive at times. My favorite albums are High Voltage, Let There Be Rock, Highway To Hell, and Back In Black. I think that Bon Scott is a better singer then Brian Johnson. The only album that Brian sounded good on was Back In Black.
27.01.2007 - 02:05
Dalcyonir
Account deleted
ye i agree with drum fiend even though i have to add Dirty Deeds Dirt Cheap cause i like this album(give me a call im always home lalala).their first period rocks!
05.02.2007 - 19:26
baldur
Written by Sunioj on 01.11.2006 at 15:43

Great songs, blurry, drunk memories of being completely pissed and AC/DC playing in the background. "Big Balls", "Thunderstruck", and "Dirty deeds one with smth" are my favorites.

man big balls is the greatest party song ever!!! i remeber one night when my friends and me were totally drunken we all jumped up and screamed " and weve got the biggest balls of them all.." weve listened to this song 10 times or so next day i wasnt able to speak anymore

imo ballbreaker (furor, hail cesar, boogie man, whiskey on the rocks) is the best album of AC/DC!!!
13.02.2007 - 09:00
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
The song 'Who Made Who' brings back early childhood memories for me...of when i was like 6 or 7, of a really fun summer I had with that song playing alot. so naturally its a real feel good song for me.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
25.03.2007 - 13:08
Anathemani@c
No other alboum than the groundbraking Back in Black!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
28.03.2007 - 14:20
Wiille
Account deleted
These guys I really like! The albums like Back In Black, Highway To Hell....They are 100% classic rock albums. And Angus is really great guitarist. And their live performance is good. In their shows, Angus really likes to strip down... :
31.03.2007 - 21:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Happy birthday Angus Young!
----
- George Carlin
31.03.2007 - 23:48
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Go Angus, Go Angus.

My 700th post comemorates your birthday
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.04.2007 - 08:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I recently traded 'For those about to rock' 'let there be rock' and 'dirty deeds' away for 2 darkthrone albums and a Dark Tranquility album, technically it was a super good deal for me (Most acdc albums go for 12.99 and every album i got in the deal was worth 25.99) yet I still feel really bad about the trade...I mean I love Darkthrone and Dark Tranquillity, but I feel like I just sold a family heirloom or a childhood toy or something, I had real sentimental attachments to those albums.
----
- George Carlin
12.04.2007 - 07:22
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Doc G. on 10.04.2007 at 08:32

I recently traded 'For those about to rock' 'let there be rock' and 'dirty deeds' away for 2 darkthrone albums and a Dark Tranquility album, technically it was a super good deal for me (Most acdc albums go for 12.99 and every album i got in the deal was worth 25.99) yet I still feel really bad about the trade...I mean I love Darkthrone and Dark Tranquillity, but I feel like I just sold a family heirloom or a childhood toy or something, I had real sentimental attachments to those albums.

?

Haha,

Written by Doc G. on 08.04.2007 at 23:29

I just got...

Darkthrone-Soulside journey
Never really listened to Darkthrone that much before this, but I really like black metal so I figured might aswell try them out.

Darkthrone-A Blaze in the northern sky
Same as previously listed.

Love them after a day huh? Awsome, your so tr00 ...
----

Hellcunt Smurf
12.04.2007 - 12:57
Illusionist
Account deleted
Rock n' roll ain't noise pollution!
12.04.2007 - 18:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Xtreme Jax on 12.04.2007 at 07:22

Written by Doc G. on 08.04.2007 at 23:29

I just got...

Darkthrone-Soulside journey
Never really listened to Darkthrone that much before this, but I really like black metal so I figured might aswell try them out.

Darkthrone-A Blaze in the northern sky
Same as previously listed.

Love them after a day huh? Awsome, your so tr00 ...

Yeah I love them both....but i figured it would be easier to get my AC/DC cds back rather than buying the darkthrones & DT new, it wouldve cost me exactly $82.65 to get those, whereas it would ony cost $41.31 to get those AC/DCs back...its just a matter of getting off my ass and actually doing it because theres alot of other CDs on my wishlist.
----
- George Carlin
17.04.2007 - 16:23
slowdeathchick
lol my boys and I play pool to AC/DC songs and normally end up acting like total idiots by playin air guitar and trying to be Angus Young. We're all huge fans of the Rock Gods that make up AC/DC.
----
The past defines the future, but sometimes you must leave something behind to be able to grow.

Gaahl
25.04.2007 - 01:43
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
The greatest Hard Rock band of all time, and Angus Young is probably the best rock composer and guitarest ever , or maybe I just think that because I love the band so much. Anyways I own and like all their albums but my favourite is definetly Highway To Hell.
08.05.2007 - 15:30
baldur
i heared that they gone release next year a new album is that true?? about january or sth.
08.05.2007 - 16:42
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by baldur on 08.05.2007 at 15:30

i heared that they gone release next year a new album is that true?? about january or sth.

I heard it too, but so far those are just rumours...

"According to a posting on the AC/DC fan site AC/DC Highway to Hell, it is rumored that AC/DC has completed editing video footage for a brand new double DVD set to be released September, which will contain one Bon Scott DVD and one Brian Johnson DVD of AC/DC live in concert. The band has also supposedly completed a new album which is scheduled for release January 2008, with a world tour to follow.

Back in December 2006, Albert Music boss Fifa Riccobono shot down reports that AC/DC had a new record titled "Strap It On" coming in 2007.

"I ran that past Mal (Young) some time ago and he said it was the first he'd heard of it, so I guess the answer no," she told Undercover News. "Also, there definitely is no release date scheduled as the album hasn't been recorded yet."

AC/DC leaders Malcolm and Angus Young have been writing material for a few years. In early 2005, singer Brian Johnson told Launch there was a lot of stuff to work with. "I think, and I might be speaking out of turn, but I think they're doing a double, with the amount of songs Â? I've been over a couple of times with the boys and added ideas on 46 tunes we had, and they've been working since then!" he said."

(Source: Blabbermouth)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
28.06.2007 - 04:14
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
One of the most overrated bands ever.... and some of the most overrated musicians! Phil Rudd is a horribly drummer and Angus Young can hardly hold a candle to a vast array of guitarists
28.06.2007 - 13:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 28.06.2007 at 04:14

One of the most overrated bands ever.... and some of the most overrated musicians! Phil Rudd is a horribly drummer and Angus Young can hardly hold a candle to a vast array of guitarists

No no man Ac/Dc is not owerated at all seems some ppl xan not lsiten blues its problem of those who neve rlike band, and when you be in Angus age try play like he
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.06.2007 - 16:39
Warman
Erotic Stains
A new AC/DC album? I don't really know, doesn't sound that exciting...
----
28.06.2007 - 18:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 28.06.2007 at 16:39

Dos thay be album out?
----

apos;'
[image]
28.06.2007 - 18:44
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 28.06.2007 at 18:41

Dos thay be album out?

Haha, what?
----
28.06.2007 - 18:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 28.06.2007 at 18:44

Dos thay be album out?

Haha, what?

Lol I mean thay gonna realise new album out?
----

apos;'
[image]
28.06.2007 - 18:53
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 28.06.2007 at 18:46

Written by Warman on 28.06.2007 at 18:44

Dos thay be album out?

Haha, what?

Lol I mean thay gonna realise new album out?

According to Thryce's post: "The band has also supposedly completed a new album which is scheduled for release January 2008, with a world tour to follow."
----
29.06.2007 - 21:43
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 28.06.2007 at 13:10

No no man Ac/Dc is not owerated at all seems some ppl xan not lsiten blues its problem of those who neve rlike band, and when you be in Angus age try play like he

There is a lot of guitarists who can play better, and are even older than he. Sorry to say but they are overrated.
29.06.2007 - 21:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 29.06.2007 at 21:43

There is a lot of guitarists who can play better, and are even older than he. Sorry to say but they are overrated.

Give me examples and names then
----

apos;'
[image]
29.06.2007 - 21:59
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 29.06.2007 at 21:47

Written by Guest on 29.06.2007 at 21:43

Give me examples and names then

Eric Clapton comes to mind, George Kooymans, Steve Howe, Steve Hackett, Jan Akkerman,
Gary Moore, Peter Hammill, Robert Fripp, Alex Lifeson, Ritchie Blackmore, B.B. King, Dave Gilmour, Michael Schenker. There I do believe I made my point. Just about every blues and progressive rock guitarist is better than him. Also Dave Murray is one year younger and better, and Adrian Smith is two years younger and better.
29.06.2007 - 22:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 29.06.2007 at 21:59

Eric Clapton comes to mind, George Kooymans, Steve Howe, Steve Hackett, Jan Akkerman,
Gary Moore, Peter Hammill, Robert Fripp, Alex Lifeson, Ritchie Blackmore, B.B. King, Dave Gilmour, Michael Schenker. There I do believe I made my point. Just about every blues and progressive rock guitarist is better than him. Also Dave Murray is one year younger and better, and Adrian Smith is two years younger and better.

Eric Clapton after he left Cream are owerated, i like maybe firts albums after Crewam time, now he play lil i dunno 'polite' music same about other so Angus Young still are better how thay
----

apos;'
[image]
29.06.2007 - 22:33
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 29.06.2007 at 22:18

Eric Clapton after he left Cream are owerated, i like maybe firts albums after Crewam time, now he play lil i dunno 'polite' music same about other so Angus Young still are better how thay

Have you even listened to those guitarists, a lot of them play in progressive rock bands, why don't you go listen to those guitarists, instead of trying to defend this worthless band. Angus Young's solos are just so simple. He's nothing compared to the guitarists I listed. Once you listen to them you will agree with me.
29.06.2007 - 22:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 29.06.2007 at 22:33

Written by Bad English on 29.06.2007 at 22:18

Have you even listened to those guitarists, a lot of them play in progressive rock bands, why don't you go listen to those guitarists, instead of trying to defend this worthless band. Angus Young's solos are just so simple. He's nothing compared to the guitarists I listed. Once you listen to them you will agree with me.

Skill wise Clapton is better, but K7 does bring up a good point, he just plays polite parent friendly music now, whereas although Angus may not be as good but hes still atleast playing some gritty rock n roll. And AC/DC is far from worthless, explain to me what makes them so worthless? Angus may not be any Michael Angelo Batio but hes still good regardless.
----
- George Carlin