Nanowar Of Steel interview (03/2006)
|With:||Gatto Panceri666 [Bass]|
Nanowar Of Steel
01. Hail! Oh mighty warriors from the faraway magical lands! speak now! what's the purpose of your existence in this vast realm?
Dragons of steel hit the magic land of Iron and Metal. The king of the dark forest of the steel of iron is enshrouded by the darkness of the Black Lord. Only the brave true might warriors NanowaR can win the dark Force of Death, for the Glory of Haalgalard in the ancient mountains of Asrubaplaz where the holy realm of Pratazoups lies within.
02. When I think of the Nanowar I think of Nano + War, I picture a very tiny, mini, small war, but when I think of Manowar I think of the loudest band on earth hell yeaaaaaaaaaaah!
Is there's a difference between you guys? Are you affiliated with Manowar?
Of course we are different, Nanowar have some Manowar t-shirts and cds at home while Manowar do not have Nanowar t-shirts and cds at home.
03. I gotta be honest with you guys, I'm not part of any webzine, as a matter of fact, Metal Storm doesn't exists, I'm the lawyer of Manowar and we're going to sue your sorry asses! You're going to pay for mocking the GREATEST BAND OF METAL IN THE WORLD! WOAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAHH!!
Hey ! Wait a minute: actually, ManowaR is mocking our lyrics and our attitude, we just can't stand it anymore ! We'll meet in the Holy True Metal Tribunal Of Steel, and we'll see who's got the right (and may the power of Helloween be with us !)
04. Your hit single, "The Power Of The Power Of The Power (Of The Great Sword)" is the most complex, intricate and technical song I've heard in my entire life, how did you came across with this fascinating concept? And to enlighten our readers, I'm going to cite the entire lyrics here:
"Power, of the power,
Of the power,
Of the power,
Of the power,
Of the power ,
Of the Great Sword!"
I must say… WOW. Any words on this masterpiece?
05. Have you met Luca Turilli? I bet he's really scary
I took a picture with him 6-7 years ago, when Rhapsody was touring Italy with Stratovarius and Sonata Arctica and met him out of the hall they were going to play that night. I would define him a "macho-man".
06. You've been nominated as "Best Demo Of 2005 " in the Metal Storm Awards, how does it feels to be nominated in what is been called "The Grammys Of Heavy Metal", and what are you're going to do if you win? An award given by the greatest Metal Webzine in the history of the universe gotta be worth something right?
Well, this interview will be probably published after the Metal Grammy Storm Demo Awards Top Of The Best 2005 will be over... anyway, we tried to corrupt as many people as possible and hack the voting system to win this competition, George Bush told us a couple of useful tricks about doing all this stuff.
07. Are you planning to do a concept album later on? Something with more dragons, mighty warriors, magical lands, powerful artifacts, greedy wizards, evil overlords, blond princesses, and powerful spells than any record has ever done?
No way ! Or maybe we'll do such a thing. Well, I must say that we have actually planned what our next album will be all about, we've written some music and lyrics.... I'd really like to reveal you something about it since I find it fucking amusing... but it's a surprise !
08. We asked some of our visitors to prepare some questions for you guys, we picked the best because it was impossible to pick them all, so here we go:
Kelly from Wisconsin
"Hello, This is for Gatto Panceri 666, could you tell me the size of your sword?"
Hello Kelly from Wisconsin (nice name). I'm afraid I don't use any sword since my mum has forbidden me to have one. I just have an old 230 inch Inox-Steel Panasonic Power Axe.
Alberto from Ecuador
"Hi, I would like to know if you use warrior outfits on your shows, like Manowar."
Hail & Kill, Alberto From Ecuador (funny name). No we're not dressed like Manowar on stage, we're all dressed up like Walt Diseny's characters: Potowotominimak is a pirate from "Peter Pan", Baffo is "Snow White", Abdul is "Alladin", Uinonaraider is "Wart " from "The Sword In The Stone" and I am Cinzia the Transexual (it's an upcoming Disney movie).
Jukka from Finland
"hey there, I was wondering if you received any threat/hate mail from Manowar fans or any other people upset at your music"
Hello Jukka from Finland (curious name). We received loads of hate mails from Manowar fans, McDonald employees, Neapolitans and potato eaters.
Stacy from California
"Hi! Big fan over here, I have a doubt, I know there's meaningful lyrics behind every Nanowar song, so I would like to know if the song "Tricycles Of Steel" deals with the lack of a reusable source of combustible affecting third world countries, please let me know!
No Tricycles Of Steel deals with the greater trueness that a Tricycle has within itself, which is so much more truer than any motorcycle.
Luciano from Naples
"Hey there, I was thinking if you would like to join my party for a healthy game of Dungeons & Dragons, we need wizards and fighters, we play Saturday nights, let me know!"
We don't play D & D anymore, we play Bagonda (it's an incredible card game we invented, it's really amusing)
11. Time for a serious question. How serious is Nanowar? You're just having a good time, or you're planning to take the project over the next level?
Oh my God, I don't really know ! Well, personally I have many interests and aims outside of music I'd rather pursue, I do this just for the fun.... But I'd be obviously be really glad to do something "bigger"...
I guess we'll go on and do everything we did until now, I mean play live and write demented stuff, we enjoy these things soooooooo much !
10. Well, that wraps things for us, any last words to all the peasants in town?
Any last word... well, for once in my life I'll write some serious last words here! I want to thank Metal Storm webzine for the support that has given us since our first demo cd "Triumph Of True Metal Of Steel" ! You guys kick ass. Everyone else: grab our stuff from our site, from eMule, from Kazaa or buy it if you have some $ to waste, and let us have some feedback ! Enjoy the True Metal Of Steel !
Comments: 21 Visited by: 71 users
| Valentin B
| Doc Godin
I R Serious Cat
| Darkside Momo
| Valentin B
I am the fade!
Hits total: 9869 | This month: 33