Original news, posted on 23.12.2009

San Francisco's Exodus have named their ninth studio album Exhibit B: The Human Condition. The band are currently recording in Northern California with Andy Sneap (Megadeth, Arch Enemy, Kreator). The album is expected to be released in Spring 2010.

A brand new song, entitled "Good Riddance," which will appear on the forthcoming CD is available for streaming in the YouTube clip here (as premiered during an Exodus live web stream on December 19).

Exodus will soon be on tour with Arch Enemy, Arsis, and Mutiny Within on the Tyrants Of Evil tour, which launches in Towson, Maryland on January 20th, 2010.

UPDATED on 26.02.2010 (thanks to BudDa and Dahalak)

Exodus will be releasing their ninth studio album, Exhibit B: The Human Condition, this spring. The cover artwork will look like this.

Guitarist/songwriter Gary Holt checks in about what the band was looking to capture art-wise and why the final version chosen nailed it: "We wanted to portray the violence of man at its finest, so we started with our own version of the Leonardo da Vinci sketch [of Vitruvian Man], but done the Exodus way! I was pointed in the direction of Colin Larks of Rainsong Design for the cover and he killed it! To me, the artwork represents man and his affinity for bloodshed, ignorance, and all-around ability to be led like sheep to the slaughter. The image fits the songs on this record perfectly. The whole layout is going to as sick as the record itself!"

Exhibit B: The Human Condition was recorded this past December in Northern California with producer Andy Sneap (Megadeth, Arch Enemy, Kreator).

UPDATE (thanks to BudDa)

Exodus have uploaded "Hammer And Life," a new track off their upcoming May 18th release, Exhibit B: The Human Condition, onto their MySpace player.

Guitarist/songwriter Gary Holt shares the background on the new song: "We decided to put up an early rough mix of "Hammer And Life" to give everybody a little taste of the new record. The really fast songs you'll get soon enough! This song is inspired by the one and only [original vocalist] Paul Baloff, our ode to him. Paul was always the hammer in Exodus and he lived for metal more than anyone I've ever known. R.I.P."

Exhibit B: The Human Condition [cover art] tracklist:

01. The Ballad Of Leonard And Charles
02. Beyond The Pale
03. Hammer And Life
04. Class Dismissed (A Hate Primer)
05. Downfall

Great
Piranha - 23.12.2009 at 20:53
Finally!
BrightNight - 23.12.2009 at 21:07
Exodus sound all around
SBGMetal - 24.12.2009 at 02:58
Well i have been following the live stream thingy and its been pretty cool from what i hear the album will have a lot of diversity and it will be faster too!
Angelic Storm - 24.12.2009 at 03:37
I found ''Exhibit A" to be a very weak album overall. Don't have much expectations for the new album really. That new song is not bad, certainly better than most of the "Exhibit A" songs. I like how Rob Dukes only started getting into the song near the end, the rest of the time he looked bored!
DoomGuard - 24.12.2009 at 05:11
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.12.2009 at 03:37

I cannot disagree more friend, Exhibit A was genius and probably my favorite Exodus album with Funeral Hymn from it being my favorite Exodus song, it was an amazing album! The whole thing

As for the new song, it's pretty good, hopefully the whole album is as good as this new song
Angelic Storm - 24.12.2009 at 08:01
Written by DoomGuard on 24.12.2009 at 05:11

hehee

The main problem I had with Exhibit A, was most of the songs don't stand out individually. It's like they merge into each other, and most of the longer songs suffer, because of similar sounding riffs, so it gets monotonous after a while. (In my opinion! )

Although I find most of the album dull, and a chore to listen to in full, I absolutely love 3 of the songs on it. The title track is a masterclass in epic brutality, And "Riot Act" is a great opener, definitely classic Exodus! "Children Of A Worthless God" is an awesome song too. The melodic bits in it are a relief from the monotony of most of the similar sounding riffs elsewhere in the album, and Rob Dukes actually singing instead of shouting is very inspired, I like that song a lot! "As It Was, As It Soon Shall Be", is okay, but it sounds very like "Shudder To Think" from SHKM, which is a better song anyways. The rest of the album does nothing for me at all. lol

"Tempo Of The Damned" is my fave album from the last three. Although I miss Zetro, I gave Rob a chance, and he immitates Zetro quite a bit, which is no bad thing! The new song sounds pretty good, I'm of course still going to check out the new album when it comes out. I love Exodus!
DoomGuard - 24.12.2009 at 10:41
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.12.2009 at 08:01

Written by DoomGuard on 24.12.2009 at 05:11

hehee

I see what your saying friend, and i can see how you'd see the album that way. The guitar riffs in it though are just fantastic, and in Funeral Hymn they hit you with solo after solo again and again. Garden of Bleeding is great as is Iconoclasm. lol but i guess we have different takes on the album but those songs you mentioned are all amazing as well
Kratos - 25.12.2009 at 01:07
Amazing! but needs moar double bass!
LeChron James - 25.12.2009 at 10:39
Wasnt this supposed to come out awhile ago?
White Winter Sun - 25.12.2009 at 22:45
Good to hear some fresh news from these guys.
CHEF METALHEAD - 27.12.2009 at 18:13
It sounds like their other stuff.... Ill still get it when it comes out.
LeChron James - 26.02.2010 at 20:18
That cover art is absurd. and if it's anything like exhibit A, im skipping it.
Angelic Storm - 26.02.2010 at 20:39
That album cover would be awesome if it wasnt holding weapons in all it's arms. Its a good concept, but the weapons look cheap and tacky. The artwork in the main is great though, and the logo looks awesome in contrast to the colour of the cover.

I just hope the new album is better than Exhibit A!
Valentin B - 26.02.2010 at 20:44
I love that cover art, though imo they should have put a dollar and maybe a koran in one of the hands too. haven't listened to anything from them apart from Shovel Headed, which i found totally devastating, but looking at the fucking badass cover art i'll probably give this one a try.
Baz Anderson - 26.02.2010 at 22:13
It's quite a good album although somewhat long-winded again.
Angelic Storm - 26.02.2010 at 22:28
Written by Baz Anderson on 26.02.2010 at 22:13

It's quite a good album although somewhat long-winded again.

You've heard it already? How? lol
Baz Anderson - 26.02.2010 at 22:29
Written by Angelic Storm on 26.02.2010 at 22:28

Written by Baz Anderson on 26.02.2010 at 22:13

It's quite a good album although somewhat long-winded again.

You've heard it already? How? lol

I got it from the label just today.
Angelic Storm - 26.02.2010 at 22:31
Written by Baz Anderson on 26.02.2010 at 22:29
I got it from the label just today.

You're so lucky!

So you'd say its pretty much more of the same, compared to Exhibit A?
Arian Totalis - 26.02.2010 at 22:31
The album cover is pretty awsome. The video for the singe is disabled so I don't know hwo it sounds. I just went to youtube and the only version of "Good Riddance" was really shitty quality. Anyone got a better link?
Baz Anderson - 26.02.2010 at 22:59
Written by Angelic Storm on 26.02.2010 at 22:31

You're so lucky!

So you'd say its pretty much more of the same, compared to Exhibit A?

Hard to tell at the moment, I've only been through it properly once. Quite similar, yeh... I'll have to give it a few more goes.
Black Conundrum - 26.02.2010 at 23:14
Well, that guy seems pretty self destructive, if I say so myself.
Daggon - 27.02.2010 at 08:11
The idea for the cover art isn't bad at all, but I think they could have done it better. I'm very expectant for this release.
Anjana(SriLanka) - 27.02.2010 at 16:07
A good one but I prefer the Exhibit A cover !
Angelic Storm - 28.02.2010 at 03:23
Written by Daggon on 27.02.2010 at 08:11

That was basically my thoughts on the cover too. It is an awesome concept, and most of the artwork is very good. But I think it could have been executed a little better. In saying that, at least they didnt totally ruin a great artwork concept like Slayer did with the ''World Painted Blood" artwork. The concept for that was great too, but the execution was awful!
Holy Man - 12.03.2010 at 21:52
Dude... this looks fuckin awesome... the artwork is badass.
Mixhell - 13.03.2010 at 08:45
I don't like the new song....
Muhannad Saleh - 13.03.2010 at 22:22
I like the song thrash is coming back even stornger with exodus and overkill
Don Martin - 17.03.2010 at 21:40
Wow, Hammer And Life is a fucking good song. I'll certainly buy this album

News Exodus - New Album Title, Cover Art And More Revealed 10.5 01.08.2014 by Marcel Hubregtse
News Deftones - New Album Title And Release Date Revealed 7 17.02.2010 by Uirapuru
News 1349 - New Album Title Revealed 7 20.01.2009 by -DC-002-
News Sinister - New Line-Up Announced, Album Title Revealed 7 26.05.2011 by sq_xeper
News Protest The Hero - New Album Title And Release Date Revealed 7 19.01.2011 by BaneConall