Original news, posted on 16.01.2010

More details are surfacing regarding the upcoming Avantasia double album The Wicked Symphony / Angel Of Babylon. The album will see a April 3, 2010 release date, and will be released as two separate albums, as well as in one box set as limited deluxe edition. Cover artwork for both albums was created by Thomas Ewerhard - known from his work for Edguy's Hellfire Club and Avantasia's The Scarecrow.

A list of confirmed guest musicians is shaping up as follows:

• Klaus Meine (Scorpions)
  • Tim "Ripper" Owens (Judas Priest, Yngwie Malmsteen, Iced Earth)
  • Eric Singer (Kiss, Alice Cooper)
  • Michael Kiske (Helloween)
  • Jorn Lande (Masterplan, Ark, Millenium)
  • Bob Catley (Magnum)
  • Sascha Paeth
  • Felix Bohnke (Edguy)
  • Alex Holzwarth (Rhapsody Of Fire, Sieges Even)
  • Russell Allen (Symphony X)
  • Jens Johansson (Stratovarius, Dio, Yngwie Malmsteen)
  • André Matos (Angra, Shaaman, Viper)
  • Bruce Kulick (Kiss, Grand Funk Railroad)
  • Cloudy Yang
  • Oliver Hartmann (At Vance, Hartmann)

UPDATE (thanks to Kallis Helmi)

On April 3, Avantasia will return with a new epic in two chapters, The Wicked Symphony and Angel Of Babylon. The tracklistings for each album are as follows:

The Wicked Symphony [cover art] tracklist:

04. Death Is Just A Feeling
    05. Rat Race
    06. Down In The Dark
    07. Blowing Out The Flame
    08. Symphony Of Life
    09. Alone I Remember
    10. Promised Land (Part 2)
    11. Journey To Arcadia

Source: tobiassammet.com
    Band profile: Avantasia
    Posted: 08.02.2010 by Thryce

Comments

DBrave - 16.01.2010 at 13:52
    Great, fantastic crossover from Scarecrow cover to Wicked Symphony one...
    We need better res pictures, but I'm very satisfied with artwork...
    Wes - 16.01.2010 at 16:03
    My god I can't wait, yessss made my lonely night in Tokyo.
    juanopereira - 16.01.2010 at 16:42
    The two covers are amazing and the list of guest musisians looks promissing.
    Nimlot - 16.01.2010 at 17:08
    Jorn and Ripper Owens in one album, hope they duo in a song.
    iMorphball - 16.01.2010 at 17:37
    Still another musician to be announced! The list is very promising!
    Keitaro333 - 16.01.2010 at 18:13
    Great lineup but where are the chicks? Tobias should get some D= Or simply Floor Jansen would be enough =D
    FeskarN - 16.01.2010 at 19:15
    The cover artworks looks great.
    alejandreti - 16.01.2010 at 19:25
    Yeah!!! that work sounds great, there are a lot of good musicians from differents famous bands, only we have to wait....
    tobbias sammet congratulations
    Malaghost - 16.01.2010 at 19:45
    Hell, this goona be just ... Cant wait, at short
    Black Conundrum - 16.01.2010 at 20:31
    This is the first time that I have seen a 2-CD set or albums referred to as a box set.
    selken - 16.01.2010 at 20:34
    LOL, Kiske
    Ellrohir - 16.01.2010 at 20:48
    I am very interested
    erykk - 16.01.2010 at 20:58
    Wow. Michael Kiske, Andre Matos & Jorn Lande. I hope they do a song together. Awesome!!
    Daggon - 17.01.2010 at 09:14
    Seems cool. I hope they tour again when they release the new album.
    Angel_Lament - 17.01.2010 at 14:49
    The covers look great, so the lineup, but Tobias really needs to get some female singers>>>
    Vitriolic Hate - 17.01.2010 at 17:10
    Written by FeskarN on 16.01.2010 at 19:15

The cover artworks looks great.

indeed!
    The Shape 1973 - 17.01.2010 at 18:42
    Written by Keitaro333 on 16.01.2010 at 18:13

Or simply Floor Jansen would be enough =D

I agree, she is the best female vocalist IMO, looking forward to this one but doubt it will be anything like the first two.
    GT - 17.01.2010 at 19:00
    Nice covers indeed. Don't really know what to expect of the music
    DreamNightmare - 18.01.2010 at 15:33
    All looking great! the last one was much different to the metal opera but still amazing and i loved it. can't wait to see what Tobi's come up with this time
    Fat & Sassy! - 08.02.2010 at 23:40
    Two separate albums? What a fucking obvious way to milk money out of consumers. >:/ Fuck this. Ayreon albums are double LP's, but come in one fucking package at a normal price.
    JÄY - 08.02.2010 at 23:42
    Well, i hope its loads better than the scarecrow
    and whats with those tiny pics?
    Carloz - 09.02.2010 at 00:42
    I hope Tobi spares us some "Carry me over" cheesiness this time, and returns to the first Avantasia style... Though it has to be said, Scarecrow had some very good songs, so I'm eagerly waiting
    iMorphball - 09.02.2010 at 01:02
    I was the one who posted the Tracklists on the Album pages themselves.
    iMorphball - 09.02.2010 at 01:23
    Written by Fat & Sassy! on 08.02.2010 at 23:40

Milk money? Well, I think they'd rather try and get as much money as possible from CD sales, considering total sales will probably be extremely low due to the amount of Downloading people do these days.

And, it only makes sense that two different albums are released as two different albums, with two price tags, and one together. Were The Metal Opera parts 1 and 2 released at the same time, it would've been the same situation.
    corrupt - 09.02.2010 at 09:06
    Written by iMorphball on 09.02.2010 at 01:23

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 08.02.2010 at 23:40

And who can blame them considering today's CD prices and and the fact that you buy a pig in a poke everytime you don't know the album in advance. Man was I disappointed when I bought The Scarecrow. ( I only did it because Tobias was signing CD's at the record store that day anyway, anyone interested in a signed Scarecrow? ). The fact that many people download today is mostly the the artist's and maybe to some extend the record companies fault. If they were more careful about what to actually release (quality-wise), one could more easily buy something just for having heard about it (or for liking the cover, which I admit I did once or twice). But this project reeks of being a money-well and I blame nobody who's suspicious of that.
    iMorphball - 09.02.2010 at 19:43
    Written by corrupt on 09.02.2010 at 09:06

Written by iMorphball on 09.02.2010 at 01:23

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 08.02.2010 at 23:40

No thanks for your offer I already have my signed Scarecrow CD

I understand where you're coming from, but, when it comes to the quality concern, that's why there are services on the internet such as Amazon, even the iTunes store. That's also why bands release EP's and etc. They're more or less a preview of what you'll see on the album, so if you're disappointed with that, I wouldn't think the album would be any better.
    The Shape 1973 - 09.02.2010 at 21:47
    If the album is like most of The Scarecrow I won't be too upset, because apart from a couple of tracks (Carry Me Over, Lost In Space) it wasn't that bad. Jorn and Kiske saved it for me.
    Fat & Sassy! - 09.02.2010 at 21:48
    Written by iMorphball on 09.02.2010 at 01:23

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 08.02.2010 at 23:40

I'm sorry, but I don't think the successful musicians behind these albums are in dire need of more money than they will make with this album (or albumS, I guess). EPECIALLY Tobias Sammet. Really, that's just a poor excuse to rip off their fanbase that actually buys albums. :l Also, the fact that Arjen Lucassen's Ayreon albums are released with 100+ minutes around the same price of a single LP just negates your point of it being "necessary". This is just pure bullshit either way you look at it. :/
    4look4rd - 09.02.2010 at 23:43
    Written by selken on 16.01.2010 at 20:34

LOL, Kiske

Haha that was my first reaction as well...

"I hate metal and I don't want to ever be associated with it! But I will, of course, be in every single Avantasia album!"
    iMorphball - 10.02.2010 at 05:10
    Written by Fat & Sassy! on 09.02.2010 at 21:48

Written by iMorphball on 09.02.2010 at 01:23

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 08.02.2010 at 23:40

You'd be surprised how much money these musicians actually need. Let's not forget that Tobi's spent a lot of money on the production of this album, so album sales help bring that back.

And, I really don't care if Ayreon albums have 100+ minutes for the single price of a single LP, because I'm not much of a Lucassent fan, nor his music. That's in my opinion of course.

I'll be buying both albums in the box set.

Can't wait.
    Fat & Sassy! - 10.02.2010 at 07:47
    Written by iMorphball on 10.02.2010 at 05:10

I am fairly surprised that you are still defending this scam, and your opinion of Ayreon has nothing to do with this argument either. :l But whatever. I just take this stuff to heart, because this really brings into question one's integrity... Whether it be Tobi or the record label. That's all. Loyalty to fans/consumers > Cheap ways of making more money... Or that's how it should be.
    iMorphball - 10.02.2010 at 14:26
    Written by Fat & Sassy! on 10.02.2010 at 07:47

Written by iMorphball on 10.02.2010 at 05:10

I can accept your opinions of course, but, how is Tobi not being loyal to his fans? He's releasing TWO albums rather than one, and let's not forget that there were only supposed to be two Avantasia albums, and then Tobi would be done with it (Metal Opera's). I think Tobi is being pretty damn loyal to us fans over here. I'm not seeing how it's a "cheap way of making more money" when like I said before, Tobi's spent probably tens of thousands of dollars creating these albums for OUR ears. Honestly, a 20$ price tag for one album is not bad at all. The box set will be 50$ at most, and we still don't know what else will be included in it. It's really not a gyp whatsoever.
    Lord_Regnier - 10.02.2010 at 15:25
    Written by iMorphball on 10.02.2010 at 14:26

There were supposed to be only two Avantasia albums and it should have stayed like that.
    All sammet did with "The Scarecrow" is using the name to make more money with shitty cock rock for girls that has nothing to do with the original Avantasia.

Honest of him? Fuck off. The honest way to do it would have been to release this commercial crap under another name.
    Lord_Regnier - 10.02.2010 at 15:38
    Written by corrupt on 09.02.2010 at 09:06

Indeed, crap is everywhere nowadays. It's very hard to find new albums that worth listening to.
    Quality is really a problem with metal music in general these days. You have to listen to albums in advance, even if it's from a band you really like, because you never know when the band will start to suck. (my opinion is every band starts to suck at some point)
    Destiny - 10.02.2010 at 16:38
    Also don't forget that Jon Oliva is present in the albums. Kiske and Oliva in one album is **** great.:banger:
    Lord_Regnier - 10.02.2010 at 17:24
    Written by Destiny on 10.02.2010 at 16:38

Kiske sucks nowadays.
    Fat & Sassy! - 10.02.2010 at 21:17
    Written by Lord_Regnier on 10.02.2010 at 15:25

Indeed. I'm not against an artist changing their style of music a bit to keep things creative and fresh... but based off of what Tobi has done and is doing to Edguy and Avantasia... I'd be concerned about his intentions as a musician and a businessman. :/

In other words, I'm SORTA agreeing with you, Regnier. Which has never happened before. XD
    Lord_Regnier - 10.02.2010 at 23:46
    Written by Fat & Sassy! on 10.02.2010 at 21:17

He turned both bands into commercial crap who exist only for money and not to create good metal music + he is an arrogant douchebag who deserves a solid kick in his gay ass.
    I despise him even more than Joey DeMaio.
    insanity.peppers - 12.02.2010 at 05:30
    The amount of butthurt in this page is incredible.

Long live Tobi!

News Abigail Williams - New Song Online, More Album Details Revealed 7 10.11.2011 by !J.O.O.E.!
    News Vreid - More Album Details And Tour Dates Revealed 7 17.11.2008 by kayla