Metal Storm received the following update on Iced Earth.

On January 24th, Iced Earth joins 39 other metal bands from around the world on the four-day 70,000 Tons of Metal cruise - and promises one hell of a show.

"I'm excited," said Iced Earth founder Jon Schaffer. "We've been looking forward to this for months. This is our first show of 2011 so we intend to go balls-to-the-wall and make some of our own waves in the Caribbean."

Drummer Brent Smedley and lead guitarist Troy Seele agree. "We are so excited about the 70,000 Tons of Metal cruise," Smedley said. "So many great bands all in one place! Also, we look forward to hanging out with all of the fans. What better way to start the new year than with TONS of METAL, 2,000 fans, and 24/7 bars. Let the Metal flow, cruise-ship style!"

Added Seele: "The band is excited to be able to get so close to the fans. What better way than to be on a floating island of metal?"

Iced Earth is scheduled to play two blistering one-hour sets, comprised of some two-dozen fan-favorite songs. The full 70,000 Tons of Metal line-up can be found here.

This promises to be a banner year for Iced Earth. Not only is a new album in the works for release late 2011 (followed by a world tour), but Iced Earth will release a 6-hour, three-concert live DVD this Spring. More info on the Festivals of the Wicked DVD release was previously reported over at this location.

Plus, the band was recently confirmed to play European festivals Wacken Open Air, Graspop Metal Meeting, and Rock am Härtsfeldsee. More festival dates will be announced soon.

Source: icedearth.com
Band profile: Iced Earth

Posted: 22.01.2011 by Thryce

Comments

Angelic Storm - 22.01.2011 at 00:15
Geez, I really wish I could be in that cruise. lol
Valentin B - 22.01.2011 at 01:54
Heh, i guess no-one would pass up an opportunity to get on that thing.

as for on topic: FUCK YEAH! i hope this is a step up from their last 3 though. nice to see Jon going strong.
DethDonald - 22.01.2011 at 03:38
As soon as I heard Framing Armageddon I wanted the Wicked series to end. I hope this album will turn the band around.
Baz Anderson - 22.01.2011 at 03:45
A new album will be interesting. Their last one was total crap...
Chaosweaver - 22.01.2011 at 04:49
This 'World Tour' had better include Australia...
Ag Fox - 22.01.2011 at 05:45
Written by Angelic Storm on 22.01.2011 at 00:15

Geez, I really wish I could be in that cruise. lol
me too >:
DoomGuard - 22.01.2011 at 06:36
Man i can't wait for this new album since i actually like all their albums, and the last couple have still been great.
Angelic Storm - 22.01.2011 at 06:41
Written by Baz Anderson on 22.01.2011 at 03:45

A new album will be interesting. Their last one was total crap...

It was pretty bad yep. Its hard to see how the next one could be any worse, so Im quite excited by the prospect of a decent Iced Earth album again. lol Id be astonished if it matched up to their true classics, but another album of the standard of "The Glorious Burden" or "Framing Armageddon" would be very welcome after the mediocre TCOM.
Silent Jay - 23.01.2011 at 00:42
This is good news but I also hope for a better album than the last few and Sons of Liberty. Nice to hear there hasn't been anymore line-up changes aswell haha
Hope they come to the UK and play Sonisphere or Bloodstock, that'll be fucking sweet!
Dark Cornatus - 23.01.2011 at 07:37
Written by Angelic Storm on 22.01.2011 at 06:41

Written by Baz Anderson on 22.01.2011 at 03:45

A new album will be interesting. Their last one was total crap...

I agree, although i wouldn't place 'Framing Armageddon' above 'The Glorious Burden' as i quite enjoyed that one. The last two have had WAY too much filler. It's instantly boring music. I think they should try something different like Horror Show again.
RavenKing - 23.01.2011 at 14:55
Written by Dark Cornatus on 23.01.2011 at 07:37

Written by Angelic Storm on 22.01.2011 at 06:41

Written by Baz Anderson on 22.01.2011 at 03:45

A new album will be interesting. Their last one was total crap...

At least "Framing Armageddon" had some speed and better vocals than TCOM among the fillers. TCOM is all filler no killer.
TCOM is just slow and mid-tempo boredom that drags painfully and vocals suck (if that's all Barlow can do now, Schaffer should have kept Owens).
Angelic Storm - 23.01.2011 at 16:43
Written by Dark Cornatus on 23.01.2011 at 07:37

"The Glorious Burden" is quite underrated I think. Its not a classic by any means, but it is very good. "Framing Armageddon" does have quite a bit of filler, but I really love about half of the tracks on it. The filler is offset by a decent amount of killer material. On TCOM the filler far outweighs the good stuff, and more than half the album is boring to me. For me at least, its definitely weaker than the previous album, no question.
RavenKing - 23.01.2011 at 17:09
Written by Angelic Storm on 23.01.2011 at 16:43

It's already better than me. The entire album bores me to death. lol
The next album can only be better. Or at least we can hope it will.
necrovamp - 23.01.2011 at 17:26
I hope they don't break it!

Better be better than the last one!
Angelic Storm - 23.01.2011 at 18:14
Written by RavenKing on 23.01.2011 at 17:09
It's already better than me. The entire album bores me to death. lol
The next album can only be better. Or at least we can hope it will.

Yeah, I like 3 songs on it, which isnt quite disliking the entire album, but on an album with 15 songs on it, that is still a very poor level of consistency. lol

Geez, if it somehow manages to be worse, I'll eat my socks.

News Iced Earth - Releasing New Album And DVD Next Year 10.5 05.09.2012 by Milena
News Obsidian - New Album Later This Year 8.5 20.06.2010 by Ag Fox
News Leviathan - New Album Due Later This Year 8.5 29.07.2011 by ItalktotheWind
News Alcest - New Album Due Later This Year 8.5 05.08.2011 by
News Metallica - Start Working On New Album Later This Year 8.5 01.02.2011 by necrovamp