Symphonic black metal band Dimmu Borgir will be performing one very exclusive show with a special, never-to-be-repeated set list with 53 members of Kork (the Norwegian Radio Orchestra) and 30 members of the Schola Cantorum Choir, who were musical guests on the Billboard-charting ninth studio album, Abrahadabra.

For fans of Dimmu's Wagnerian-inspired majesty, Saturday, May 28, 2011 at the Oslo Spektrum in Norway promises to be a momentous once-in-a-lifetime experience, as this is the band's only confirmed worldwide appearance throughout the summer.

Dimmu Borgir guitarist Silenoz states: "It is with great pride and a sense of fulfillment that we can finally announce this event as yet another ambition becomes reality!" Adds vocalist Shagrath: "Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen. Dimmu Borgir makes it happen. The circle will now be complete."

Tickets go on sale on Monday, February 21st for 570 Norwegian kroner. Only 150 V.I.P. tickets (1,500 Norwegian kroner each) will be available, which will include a Meet & Greet with the band one hour before doors, free tapas & beer, and a view of the entire performance from a special riser. Doors are at 6:30 pm. Showtime is 8 pm.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Dimmu Borgir
Event: Dimmu Borgir & Norwegian Radio Orchestra And Choir

Posted: 21.02.2011 by __SpOO__

Comments

Windrider - 21.02.2011 at 19:19
Quote:

Hahahaha just laughed my ass off, this is the oldest and cheapest advertising slogan ever! Makes me somehow think of fastfood companies like Shagrath serving demon Burgers at McDonalds lol.
And well I think this is one of the most sellout phrases ever said in metal history
But a nice idea too...
.Nemesis. - 21.02.2011 at 19:20
I wish I could be there... but I cant.
@gent_-_orange - 21.02.2011 at 19:56

Quote:

Metalocalypse - Dimmu Burger

Yeah, Dimmu Burgers along with pentagram fries
Vegard R - 21.02.2011 at 20:16
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 21.02.2011 at 20:03

Metallica anyone?

The difference between what Metallica did and this, is that Dimmu Borgir have symphonic elements on their studio albums, so they have a good reason for doing this. Metallica hadn't.
ANGEL REAPER - 21.02.2011 at 20:30
Written by Vegard R on 21.02.2011 at 20:16

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 21.02.2011 at 20:03

Metallica anyone?

I didnt liked Metallica's thing, nor this new Dimmu sound so I dont care honestly ....
And btw when you fire keyboard player you must somehow to compensate ...
Troy Killjoy - 21.02.2011 at 21:10
I'm not falling for this early April Fool's joke.
Array - 21.02.2011 at 21:16
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.02.2011 at 21:10

I'm not falling for this early April Fool's joke.

You know, Abrahadabra is full of orchestral arrangements.
Vegard R - 21.02.2011 at 21:19
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 21.02.2011 at 20:30

Written by Vegard R on 21.02.2011 at 20:16

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 21.02.2011 at 20:03

Metallica anyone?

And btw when you fire keyboard player you must somehow to compensate ...

Yeah, I guess..! And, I doesn't really care for Dimmu Borgir or what Metallica did either..!
Troy Killjoy - 21.02.2011 at 21:19
Written by Array on 21.02.2011 at 21:16

Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.02.2011 at 21:10

I'm not falling for this early April Fool's joke.

You know, Abrahadabra is full of orchestral arrangements.

I know, and Abrahadabra is awful.
Sentenced Odiin - 21.02.2011 at 21:39
Brilliant.
Întunecatul - 21.02.2011 at 21:52
I for one want to hear this
flamesoficarus - 21.02.2011 at 22:30
Im sure this will turn up on a dvd by the end of the year
Jiri - 21.02.2011 at 22:52
Hopefully Shagrath and Silenoz have slimmed down for this special performance. They don't want to make fools of themselves like they did in their latest DVD, looking like black metal war elephants and all. It sucks that they fired fellow fatass, Vortex because he really fit in with the current look of the band. Though, their new drummer is also a load and a half. It is really just Galder who = thin.
Dark Blood - 22.02.2011 at 00:29
Quite interesting. Would be nice to see a DVD out of this.
DoomGuard - 22.02.2011 at 00:38
So tr00
RavenKing - 22.02.2011 at 00:40
Written by Windrider on 21.02.2011 at 19:19

Quote:

And they even add a cliché sentence just after, "The circle will now be complete", which is almost word for word a famous quote from Darth Vader when he's about to face Obi-Wan Kenobi on the Death Star.

Anyway, Dimmu Borgir is the perfect example of fast-food metal, so talking about burgers and McDonalds is pertinent here.
RavenKing - 22.02.2011 at 00:49
Written by Jiri on 21.02.2011 at 22:52

As much as I like Immortal and dislike Dimmu Borgir, I think Abbath and Horgh are even bigger. Though Abbath is less big on "The Seventh Date Of Blashyrkh" than he was when Immortal released "Sons Of Northern Darkness". He was damn big at that time.
corrupt - 22.02.2011 at 01:08
Hm. I might actually attend this. I have a good friend in Oslo. But 75 is a statement. And even then I haven't flown anywhere with that. I will meditate on this.
RavenKing - 22.02.2011 at 01:14
One question: How can it be "the band's only confirmed worldwide appearance throughout the summer" if it's the ONLY show. I mean, how can it be worldwide?
Black Conundrum - 22.02.2011 at 03:22
This certainly reminds me of Dethklok, as others alluded to in several posts above.
LeChron James - 22.02.2011 at 03:27
I'd be down to see this. If i lived in Norway and had 1500 Kroner to throw around.
Mr.Tugboat ;) - 22.02.2011 at 07:03
My mates allready got tickets to see this
Irinel - 22.02.2011 at 13:08
Written by .Nemesis. on 21.02.2011 at 19:20

I wish I could be there... but I cant.

stop doing that ...you're hurting yourself
Irinel - 22.02.2011 at 13:08
Written by .Nemesis. on 21.02.2011 at 19:20

I wish I could be there... but I cant.

stop doing that ...you're hurting yourself
Tranquillizer - 22.02.2011 at 16:53
Written by RavenKing on 22.02.2011 at 01:14

Well pointed out. Unless they plan to be the first band to tour the solar system, so this would be their only show on EARTH this summer.
Midnight Walker - 22.02.2011 at 23:41
Written by RavenKing on 22.02.2011 at 01:14

I think they mean to say that it's their only performance anywhere in the world this summer.
RavenKing - 23.02.2011 at 01:29
Written by Midnight Walker on 22.02.2011 at 23:41

Written by RavenKing on 22.02.2011 at 01:14

Then a few english lessons wouldn't hurt. I'm not even a native and I instantly noticed the sentence is flawed.
AngelofDeth - 23.02.2011 at 04:33
Wish i could go so bad!! this sounds so epic! i dont kno why everyone is hating im all about pushing metals boundaries and mixing the genre with different ideas. one of my dreams is to create a a Symphonic/Melodic Death Metal Opera and perform it with orchestration in a Opera Hall. haha kinda ridiculous but i think it would be pretty cool to combine Metal and Opera. Kinda like Nightwish's cover of Phantom of the Opera but stepped up into a full-blown 2 hour production.
RavenKing - 23.02.2011 at 05:07
Written by AngelofDeth on 23.02.2011 at 04:33

Just because Dimmu Borgir are doing pseudo-Black Metal music dumbed down for the masses with a few symphonic elements thrown in and promoted by laughably childish videos doesn't mean they push any boundary.
Unless you refer to pushing the boundaries in the ridiculous department, then I could agree.

By the way, combining Metal music with symphonic elements is absolutely nothing new. It has been done to death already.
AngelofDeth - 23.02.2011 at 18:51
Written by RavenKing on 23.02.2011 at 05:07

Written by AngelofDeth on 23.02.2011 at 04:33

Im not saying its the first of its kind, its just when you think about Metal you dont typically think of a metal band backed by an orchestra, so its interesting and pretty unique. i am well aware that many other bands have orchestration in studio releases and Metallica and Therion have performed an orchestration like this before live but i think Dimmu is the first extreme metal band to do it performing live with the orchestra, which you could call pushing a boundary.
Troy Killjoy - 23.02.2011 at 20:03
Written by AngelofDeth on 23.02.2011 at 18:51

I would call it jumping on the bandwagon.
RavenKing - 24.02.2011 at 01:07
Written by AngelofDeth on 23.02.2011 at 18:51

Written by RavenKing on 23.02.2011 at 05:07

Written by AngelofDeth on 23.02.2011 at 04:33

I'm not sure if Dimmu Borgir are the first extreme metal band to perform live with an orchestra, as I couldn't care less for the live aspect and never ever go to gigs. But I can tell for sure that Dimmu Borgir is certainly not the first extreme metal band to use symphonic elements in their music.
Also, I find the word 'extreme' used very loosely when applied to a band as commercial and accessible as Dimmu Borgir.
BitterCOld - 24.02.2011 at 07:49
Dimmu is not particularly accessible... they just seem that way thanks to metal tolerance. shit i found crazy 20 years ago i don't bat any eye at now.

them using a symphony is kinda 'meh' to me. they already keyboard those influences in to their music... so it's sort of the same amped up.

i am not a fan of the aforementioned Metalica's post "...AJFA" works, but was more intrigued with their use of an orchestra because it was a bonus add to their music.
RavenKing - 24.02.2011 at 13:50
Written by BitterCOld on 24.02.2011 at 07:49

That's a good point. I mean, when a band uses lots of symphonic elements already in their music, by creating them on keyboards, I don't think playing them with an orchestra will make a big difference.
Slayer666 - 05.03.2011 at 00:09
Written by RavenKing on 24.02.2011 at 13:50

Written by BitterCOld on 24.02.2011 at 07:49

I don't know this personally, but I hear people say that hearing a synth from a speaker and an actual orchestra live is a huuuuuuge difference.

News Dimmu Borgir - Special Show With Orchestra Announced For Wacken Open Air 2012 12 15.09.2011 by psykometal
News Dimmu Borgir - Allied With Terminal Press To Release Comic 7.5 19.05.2009 by Doc Godin
News Dimmu Borgir - Keyboardist And Bassist Out Of The Band 7.5 31.08.2009 by Deadmeat
News Dimmu Borgir - Announce Special UK Tour 7.5 02.09.2011 by psykometal
News Dimmu Borgir - More European Headlining Dates Announced 7.5 17.07.2010 by vezzy