"Destroyer Of The Universe", a new video from Sweden's vikings Amon Amarth, has been made available online.

"Destroyer Of The Universe" comes off the band's latest release, Surtur Rising, released this March through Metal Blade Records. The live video was shot on the band's May 6th stop in Philadelphia, PA at the Theatre Of Living Arts by director David Brodsky of MyGoodEye (The Black Dahlia Murder, The Devin Townsend Project, Suicide Silence, Municipal Waste, Whitechapel, etc).

"This time around we wanted to catch the energy and atmosphere of a live show, so we simply went for a live video. We look forward to get back to North America in August to continue and fulfill the 'Evening' tour, meanwhile enjoy the video." comments guitarist Olavi Mikkonen.

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth

Posted: 30.06.2011 by RcK

Comments

Dark Blood - 30.06.2011 at 03:28
Pretty nice footage. Really great song.

Is that the tour setlist at 2:28? If it is I'm gonna be disappointed...
JosipS - 30.06.2011 at 10:12
I don't think its the entire setlist, its just the songlist from the new album. they are bound to play some of the older songs as well.
oroboros - 30.06.2011 at 11:43
Quite nicely done.
Windrider - 30.06.2011 at 12:43
Yeah cool, best video made of live footage I've seen so far...
And for the ones who want to see some setlists of their recent concerts check this one out: http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=amon+amarth
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 30.06.2011 at 19:31
Why is it I find nowadays that about nine times out of ten do bands tend to do music videos on normally one of the more blander/duller/filler/uninspired songs of their albums???
Unhealer - 30.06.2011 at 20:14
Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 30.06.2011 at 19:31

That could be just you starting to dislike the mainstream metal in general.

BTW, I agree with you.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 30.06.2011 at 21:39
Written by Unhealer on 30.06.2011 at 20:14

Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 30.06.2011 at 19:31

That could be just you starting to dislike the mainstream metal in general.

BTW, I agree with you.

Not exactly disliking the mainstream metal, but ones such as these that are just money grabbers. Unlike say, what ideas Behemoth have in some of their videos that are really effective, i.e Alas, Lord Is Upon Me that a average/filler/rather dull song thats even better because of that epic video for suprising instance.

OR even better, effectively cool videos that already are from some of the best, most interesting songs of the record. "Seasons In The Abyss", "Hangar", "Territory" and "God Of Emptiness" are some my favourites for the best example I could think of.
Tsukaikatte - 30.06.2011 at 21:50
Written by Dark Blood on 30.06.2011 at 03:28

Pretty nice footage. Really great song.

Is that the tour setlist at 2:28? If it is I'm gonna be disappointed...

That setlist is their whole new album sutur rising, this is from the evening with amon amarth tour and after they were done with that setlist they took a break and came back out with a second setlist wich was as followed..
Twilight of The Thundergod

Death In Fire

Cry of The Blackbirds

Rune Stones To My Memory

In Pursuit of Vikings
Dark Blood - 02.07.2011 at 04:14
Written by Tsukaikatte on 30.06.2011 at 21:50

I didn't even noticed it was the whole album Lol. Well, in that case I'm more relieved, It's a pretty nice setlist. Let's see if they play the same here. Thanks man.
Tsukaikatte - 03.07.2011 at 23:36
Written by Dark Blood on 02.07.2011 at 04:14

Written by Tsukaikatte on 30.06.2011 at 21:50

That setlist was from their first evening with amon amarth tour, wich I saw in seattle on 4:20.
They are playing a revised setlist with surprises. so its going to be freaking epic. and im going to see them in Boise on the last stop..

News Amon Amarth - New Video Online 10.5 23.03.2009 by Kasper