"Black Swan", a brand-new song from US thrashing heavy metallers Megadeth can now be streamed in the YouTube-video below.

Another new song, entitled "Whose Life (Is It Anyway?)", can also be streamed below.

"Black Swan" and "Whose Life (Is It Anyway?)" comes off the band's upcoming album TH1RT3EN, which is set to be released on November 1st through Roadrunner Records. More album details were previously reported here and here.

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Megadeth

Posted: 25.10.2011 by Panzerchrist

Comments

koob - 25.10.2011 at 21:09
It's good but nothing really special, still good job !
reload3591 - 25.10.2011 at 23:03
Written by koob on 25.10.2011 at 21:09

It's good but nothing really special, still good job !

/Agree. It's new Megadeth, and it's good. What more could I ask for?
theironarctica - 25.10.2011 at 23:36
They already did this song....it was on United Abominations as a bonus track. World premiere my ass haha. O well, still awesome \m/
Apothecary - 26.10.2011 at 00:01
Written by theironarctica on 25.10.2011 at 23:36

Exactly, why is it on the new album
Troy Killjoy - 26.10.2011 at 00:09
Written by Apothecary on 26.10.2011 at 00:01
Exactly, why is it on the new album

I think this is Megadeth's way of saying "we can do whatever the fuck we want".
LeChron James - 26.10.2011 at 02:18
Uh huh. Why am I not surprised. Presented by Hot Topic.
Mattybu - 26.10.2011 at 03:00
Written by LeChron James on 26.10.2011 at 02:18

Presented by Hot Topic.

Killed the atmosphere right from the start.

OK song however.
Angelic Storm - 26.10.2011 at 03:03
Removing the main riff/melody that was on the original version was a mistake...
AngelofDeth - 26.10.2011 at 05:17
I feel like i Almost like it... i mean its decent but dave just didnt quite hit the nail on the head i think.
Void Eater - 26.10.2011 at 05:46
Dissapointing after Endgame. And fuck Hot Topic, they only sell stuff for poser bands like Slipknot and Disturbed. I listen to REAL death metal like Waking The Cadaver.
koob - 26.10.2011 at 09:18
Written by Void Eater on 26.10.2011 at 05:46

You're trolling, right ? WTC's got to be the biggest poser band in the entire world...
J. N. - 26.10.2011 at 10:42
Written by koob on 26.10.2011 at 09:18

Written by Void Eater on 26.10.2011 at 05:46

Void knows what he's talking about. If he says WTC are death metal, they're death metal. Just like Bring Me The Horizon and Suicide Silence.
koob - 26.10.2011 at 12:42
Written by J. N. on 26.10.2011 at 10:42

Written by koob on 26.10.2011 at 09:18

Written by Void Eater on 26.10.2011 at 05:46

I thought BMTH was progressive black metal.
Angelic Storm - 26.10.2011 at 14:24
Written by Void Eater on 26.10.2011 at 05:46

"13" is slightly better overall than "Endgame" IMO.

As for Hot Topic... Aww no! Scene kids liking Megadeth! Spare us!
Iron Nostarion - 26.10.2011 at 18:19
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.10.2011 at 00:09

Written by Apothecary on 26.10.2011 at 00:01
Exactly, why is it on the new album

I think this is Megadeth's way of saying "we can do whatever the fuck we want".

No, they just want to get rid of this record label most likely. Had to finish up the contract.
Pedro Pereira - 26.10.2011 at 18:24
This is one of the other albums 13 songs.....all megadeth 13(number) songs in other albums were pushed to the new album
Windrider - 26.10.2011 at 20:35
I'm no fan of both bands, but it seems that Megadeth is going to win the 2011 battle against Metallica.
Closely...
Cool song!
Void Eater - 27.10.2011 at 03:39
Written by Angelic Storm on 26.10.2011 at 14:24

"13" is slightly better overall than "Endgame" IMO.

As for Hot Topic... Aww no! Scene kids liking Megadeth! Spare us!

I don't seehow that is possible. A fair amount of 13 songs seem like hard rock/trad heavy metal songs trying to be thrash and not doing a very good job of it-Black Swan being a glaring example. Endgame had some of Megadeth's most vicious thrashers on it-Headcrusher and This Day We Fight to be specific. The thrashiest song on this album, Never Dead, sounds like an inferior version of This Day We Fight. But whatever, personal taste and all that crap, yadayadayada blahblahblah. I will say that the chorus to Who's Life... Is effin sweet and would be awesome live, and the solo's are, of course, great.

Also, Scene Kidz love the big four. Sad but trve.
Troy Killjoy - 27.10.2011 at 04:03
Written by Void Eater on 27.10.2011 at 03:39

Exactly. This is almost rade-for-madio light heavy metal that fails on all fronts to capture the listener the way a real thrash metal album should.

The focus seems to be on "rocking" rather than "thrashing". And while I love me some good hard rock, Megadeth are out of their comfort zone here and it shows. Endgame wasn't particularly enjoyable for me either, but at least there was some bite and aggression.
Angelic Storm - 27.10.2011 at 04:35
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.10.2011 at 04:03

Megadeth haven't been a "thrash" band since "Rust In Peace" though. Of course, Dave has been trying to return the band to it's "roots" from "The World Needs A Hero" onwards, though I would say he has never been entirely successful in doing that. One of the main problems I had with "Endgame", was most of the "bite and aggression" appeared to be forced, and not entirely organic. The exception to that was "Head Crusher", which did feel like a rare return to the days when Megs were nasty and full of anger. "Youthanasia" isn't a thrash album, but I find that album better than "Endgame" and it has much more consistent songwriting.

"The System Has Failed" is the only post RIP Megadeth album that I feel overall, managed to really recapture some of the band's bite and macabre edge of the mid 80's-1990. "13" isn't a great album, with a couple of the songs being quite awful. But I still prefer it over "Endgame", as it feels more natural and less forced. Dave used to be able to write great thrash without even really trying. "Endgame" definitely felt like a band that was trying too hard to be something that they once were, and not really succeeding. *shrugs*

@Void: In that case, it shouldnt be too surprising to see Megadeth associated with Hot Topic then...
Opethian - 27.10.2011 at 09:35
Listening to that made my dick hurt ...

News Megadeth - New Song Posted Online 9 02.03.2007 by Lady Bathory