After taking a trip back in time with the Draconian Times MMXI DVD/live album (the London legacy show of their classic album from 1995) and also Gregor Mackintosh's return to his crusty doom/death metal roots with Vallenfyre (along his mates from My Dying Bride, Doom and At The Gates), it's time for Paradise Lost's 13th studio album.

Gregor Mackintosh states: "We are currently holed up in The Chapel studios in Lincolnshire, England, recording our new album which is entitled Tragic Idol. The album will again be produced by Jens Bogren and is influenced by classic doom metal and classic metal. I would say it is more melodic than the last record whilst retaining the heaviness. There are lots of guitar solos and melodies. The album will contain such track titles as "Honesty In Death", "Theories From Another World", "In This We Dwell" and the title track "Tragic Idol".

Tragic Idol is scheduled for a worldwide release through Century Media Records on April 23rd, 2012, in Europe and April 24th, 2012, in North America.

Source: paradiselost.co.uk
Band profile: Paradise Lost

Posted: 20.12.2011 by ravendeath

Comments

Amatsu Mikaboshi - 20.12.2011 at 16:11
Lets all hope its all more interesting than the last one I can't remember whats it called.
ImperialTroll - 20.12.2011 at 16:17
I haven't been the biggest fan of them ever since they switched to Rock, but after their latest DVD I think they are coming back to their old days. I'm definitely getting this one.
Stotty - 20.12.2011 at 17:56
Something tells me this will be a mix of icon and shades of god which, in my humble opinion has classic writen all over it. the last two albums were superb and the two before that were great
Troy Killjoy - 20.12.2011 at 20:05
I quite liked Faith Divides Us... hopefully this one doesn't disappoint.
Mr. Doctor - 20.12.2011 at 21:26
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.12.2011 at 20:05

I quite liked Faith Divides Us... hopefully this one doesn't disappoint.

I've heard only a couple of songs from Faith Divides Us... (despite the fact that I own it, haven't heard it all yet) but yeah... but the material I've heard from that album was better than anything after Draconian Times...
Slayer666 - 21.12.2011 at 00:50
Awww yeah. Been wondering what they'll do next. I liked everything from them other than the boring One Second, so whatever they dish out is probably going to be "OK" at least.

News Paradise Lost - Unveil New Album Artwork 10.5 02.02.2012 by Grimskallen
News Paradise Lost - Entire New Album Streaming Online 9 25.04.2012 by WorpeX
News Six Feet Under - Unveil New Album Details, New Song Online 7 11.04.2012 by skullkill
News Falloch - Unveil New Album Details 7 18.07.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham