Tampa-based death metal legends Cannibal Corpse will unleash their twelfth studio offering on March 13th via Metal Blade Records. Aptly titled Torture, the follow-up to 2009's Evisceration Plague offers up 12 tracks of maniacally precise, soul-searing death metal.

Torture was again produced by Hate Eternal's Erik Rutan at his own Mana Recording Studio in St. Petersburg, Florida as well as Sonic Ranch in Tornillo, Texas, and features the maniacal cover art by longtime Cannibal Corpse artist, Vincent Locke.

Adds bassist Alex Webster on the outcome of the record: "We're extremely happy with how Torture turned out. Erik Rutan did an amazing job with the production, and the songwriting and performances may be our strongest yet. We can't wait until our fans get to hear the whole thing!"

Torture track list:

01. Demented Aggression
02. Sarcophagic Frenzy
03. Scourge Of Iron
04. Encased In Concrete
05. As Deep As The Knife Will Go
06. Intestinal Crank
07. Followed Home Then Killed
08. The Strangulation Chair
09. Caged... Contorted
10. Crucifier Avenged
11. Rabid
12. Torn Through

In other news, "Demented Aggression", the brand-new single from the band's upcoming album Torture can now be streamed on SoundCloud and in the YouTube-video below.

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Cannibal Corpse

Posted: 16.01.2012 by Nekrokvlt

Comments

vezzy - 16.01.2012 at 20:06
As always, Cannibal Corpse have very original album titles and cover artwork.
Angelic Storm - 16.01.2012 at 20:08
Hmm... I wonder if that's a censored cover, or the actual cover...

"Evisceration Plague" was a bit disappointing, so I'm hoping this one will be better. Loving "Demented Aggression" though! xD
Baz Anderson - 16.01.2012 at 20:13
Song is cool, faster than usual.
Captain Obvious - 16.01.2012 at 20:40
I'm wondering if track number 5 is a sequel to Fucked with A Knife.

I don't mind the title... it seems to me that their albums with one-word titles turn out fantastic, but that's just me...

To paraphrase a certain review on this website: I am really looking forward to the popcorn!
psykometal - 16.01.2012 at 21:03
Can't wait for this release. I'll have to hop on over to soundclod when I get home later to check out the new single...
a MasT - 16.01.2012 at 21:24
Omg so oldschool!
AtrumHiberna - 16.01.2012 at 21:45
I don't like the cover but the song is neat! it seems that they're going back to their early sounds
Troy Killjoy - 16.01.2012 at 23:17
That song was actually pretty bitchin'. And here I was expecting something completely dull.
Void Eater - 16.01.2012 at 23:22
Never really cared about CC after Tomb Of The Mutilated, but this is actually quite swaggin.
Kingface - 16.01.2012 at 23:40
Written by Baz Anderson on 16.01.2012 at 20:13

Song is cool, faster than usual.

Agreed.
J. N. - 17.01.2012 at 00:55
Everything went better than expected. I like it.
Oaken - 17.01.2012 at 01:11
Totally sick. Like always.
Angelic Storm - 17.01.2012 at 01:18
I'm very surprised to see a pretty much unanimous (at least for now lol) positive verdict on here for new Cannibal Corpse material. That main riff sounds more like something from the Leviathan/pre- Cannibal Corpse days... I love the primitive thrash meets brutal death vibe of the song, great stuff!
Boxcar Willy - 17.01.2012 at 01:38
Hmmm...

This might be good.
RavenKing - 17.01.2012 at 02:43
Song titles are every bit as preposterous as ever.
Cannibal Corpse is really not for me.
Baz Anderson - 17.01.2012 at 02:56
I don't understand why people think this album might be shockingly different from the rest, judging by this song alone. There's always one really fast, short song on each album and this one is probably it from this album... I'm sure the rest of the album will be exactly like the last albums. I'm not complaining about that though, I like them.
sentinel65 - 17.01.2012 at 03:38
Never got into the "gore" genres, but I still greatly respect what this band has accomplished.
Ritual_Suicide - 17.01.2012 at 04:55
The artwork clips they used in the video sample lead me to believe that "official cover" is actually the censored version, a sleeve or an insert.
Angelic Storm - 17.01.2012 at 09:17
Written by Baz Anderson on 17.01.2012 at 02:56

I don't think it will be anything vastly different to anything else they've done. Of the other two songs I've heard, "Torn Through" is another fast one, and "As Far As The Knife Will Go" is morbidly catchy. I'm certainly very hopeful at least, that this one will be better than "Evisceration Plague" which was a bit disappointing, and one of Cannibal Corpse's weakest albums. And I like them too. lol

As for the artwork, I have seen the uncensored version, so the artwork depicted here is a censored version, presumably which will be used as the front cover so as to avoid the album being banned. (The uncensored cover will presumably be inside the booklet)
Opethian - 18.01.2012 at 00:54
Meh ..
Opethian - 18.01.2012 at 00:56
Written by RavenKing on 17.01.2012 at 02:43

Song titles are every bit as preposterous as ever.
Cannibal Corpse is really not for me.

agreed.
NecroCorpSlayer - 18.01.2012 at 02:24
This is the actual artwork

Troy Killjoy - 18.01.2012 at 03:24

Not even sure why there needs to be a censored version. :/
Angelic Storm - 18.01.2012 at 03:37
^^Some countries (like Germany) will ban that cover (and the album) if it isn't censored.
RavenKing - 18.01.2012 at 03:42
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.01.2012 at 03:37

To be honest, I don't find Cannibal Corpse's covers scary or really evil. I find then laughable, retarded, childish.
Troy Killjoy - 18.01.2012 at 03:45
Written by RavenKing on 18.01.2012 at 03:42
To be honest, I don't find Cannibal Corpse's covers scary or really evil.

People are just too touchy.

Nothing like Australia though. Ban ALL the games! >>
RavenKing - 18.01.2012 at 03:46
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.01.2012 at 03:45

Nothing like Australia though. Ban ALL the games! >>

Oh yes, I know.
Angelic Storm - 18.01.2012 at 03:48
Written by RavenKing on 18.01.2012 at 03:42

Well, some countries still ban many of their original covers, which is the only reason why they keep releasing "censored" versions of their album covers. To prevent them from being banned. As for how I myself see the covers, I do find some of them scary, but then I'm easily scared.
RavenKing - 18.01.2012 at 03:53
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.01.2012 at 03:48

I can't take those covers seriously. It doesn't look serious but like some overdone gore-centered comics. Perhaps disgusting but so over-the-top it ends up only as cheesy, Imo.
Angelic Storm - 18.01.2012 at 03:59
Written by RavenKing on 18.01.2012 at 03:53

I guess you could also say that about a lot of horror movies. The "Tomb Of The Mutilated" uncensored cover is really over the top ridiculous, and too cheesy, even for Cannibal Corpse. But gore-based metal, just like most such movies, can't really be taken seriously at all. Even Cannibal Corpse themselves say that nobody should take their lyrics seriously. Although some idiots actually do.

The one area where I do take Cannibal Corpse seriously, and they themselves take seriously, is the music. The music is serious, and at times, highly technical, so in that respect, they're not really a joke band.
Captain Obvious - 18.01.2012 at 08:27
I'm glad I live in a country that doesn't freak out like a 1930s housewife over this stuff, mostly because we are too drunk to give a shit, but still . In all seriousness though , if Germany is still going to ban their albums, then they should ban all books and documentaries that talk about the Holocaust, because that shit is way more disturbing and scary than a cartoonish painting of zombies.
Troy Killjoy - 18.01.2012 at 08:31
Written by Captain Obvious on 18.01.2012 at 08:27
...mostly because we are too drunk to give a shit, but still...

That's offensive to the West. They don't drink, they get high. >>
Black Conundrum - 18.01.2012 at 10:31
"Torture", eh? I guess if they found it fit, then that's cool. It's quite a simple album title for sure.
Angelic Storm - 18.01.2012 at 11:07
Written by Black Conundrum on 18.01.2012 at 10:31

"KILL" was also a very simple album title, and that is in my top 2 albums by the band. If "Torture" can match that album, or even come close to it, I'll be satisfied.
Septicfish - 18.01.2012 at 21:58
Can't wait for more mindless gore and violence.
mikeprado30 - 19.01.2012 at 03:35
Written by RavenKing on 18.01.2012 at 03:42

Written by Angelic Storm on 18.01.2012 at 03:37

For myself it was more traumatic the cover of Mayhem's Dawn of Black Hearts (the first time I saw this one, I couldn't believe it Even now is so harsh for myself. And I agree with you'bout the Cannibal ones (some of these makes me laugh ), and is weird for myself that you don't like this band (being your musical tastes extreme)
psykometal - 19.01.2012 at 09:17
Love this new song...
danp207 - 20.01.2012 at 04:00
Meshuggah and Cannibal Corpse albums in the same month...

Insane...
Alex Fenger - 25.01.2012 at 19:30
Much better than expected, i think 2012 is gonna be a good year
Syk - 09.02.2012 at 01:09
I much, much prefer this "censored" version of the art. Leaves a little to the imagination, lets the audience ponder the given perspective. What is behind, or in front of, the red wall? The image Troy posted, meanwhile is just stupid... horribly drawn, utterly nonsensical, and only there for any shock-purpose it can grasp at while it hangs on for dear death. This is the Lady Gaga of death metal, and the result is the same: "dancing", quasi-anti-conformism and hopefully a gag.
Written by Captain Obvious on 18.01.2012 at 08:27
In all seriousness, it's highly unlikely anyone watchng a documentary will even get half a chance to perpetrate a copycat crime of that nature. Horrific crimes, injuries or death on other innocent people, in groups numbering 15 or below, though? Just look at all the drunk people on Western/Northern roads. Or my country's abominable child abuse/suicide rates. Or here. You can actually learn something from history, as long as errors of that time are confined to the past
Written by mikeprado30 on 19.01.2012 at 03:35
A lot of people like myself and RavenK find some some bands like CC, Deicide, Vader, Pantera, Krisiun and so on, to simply repeat stuff too much in a pretty dull way. Later Slayer, Testament; I could go on and on... They (some of these bands) can coast by on music that technically doesn't mean much (in terms of melody, harmony, etc.) which fails to connect to the listener, they rarely have the talent to string together a decent song or album in a thoughtful, seamless and memorable way, and/or way too many of their songs just sound samey and indistinguishable. Also going by the performances they sometimes give, record and present for us to buy, seem to lack a fire in their belly that would compensate for the poor songwriting, hence preventing me/some of us from considering it "good" / "decent" / "adequate". Again, I say... Lady Gaga of DM

About this song in particular... it's what I was just talking about. Yes, it has one good (great?) riff that is given equal footing to a whole horde of bland, tired, useless ideas. I've listened to it 2.5 times and it simply goes in both ears, immediately reverts and disappears completely away from my mind. And this is "likely" one of the better pieces from the album. That's exactly the problem with bands like CC (I'm listening to Violator right now... same kinda deal but a bit more enjoyable), they are built for / ride on MOMENTS of cool, failing to sustain it for long, failing to be consistently great, which is why [Raven and] I dislike / disregard them. That's it - I won't bother with latter-day CC anymore

News Cannibal Corpse - New Album Details Unveiled 10.5 01.07.2014 by theFIST
News Cannibal Corpse - New Album Details Released 10.5 04.11.2008 by -DC-002-
News Cannibal Corpse - New Single Streaming Online 10.5 06.03.2012 by theFIST
News Job For A Cowboy - Streaming New Single, New Album Details 8.5 22.10.2014 by deadone
News Momentum - New Single And Album Details Revealed 7 07.12.2014 by Scathach666