German thrash metallers Kreator have finally unveiled Phantom Antichrist's cover art. Their new album marks the debut for Nuclear Blast and is set for release on June 1st (Europe) and June 5th (North America). More album details were previously reported here.

The band posted the following on their Facebook page: "And here it is! We just revealed the cover art of our highly anticipated new album Phantom Antichrist. The piece has been created by iconic artworker Wes Benscoter who has worked for heavyweights such as Slayer, Dio or Black Sabbath before."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Kreator

Posted: 10.02.2012 by DaMaGeR

Comments

7thSlave - 10.02.2012 at 20:59
Written by Angelic Storm on 02.02.2012 at 21:01

I have a feeling the artwork shown here is part of the overall cover, and not the cover itself. And as Deadmeat just said, the cover may not even be finished yet. In any case, I'm glad it's not just a variation on the pointy eared mascot's head, as has been the case for most of their albums since "Coma Of Souls".

I have my fingers crossed this will be better than "Hordes Of Chaos", which was a little disappointing. I really like the album title though!

You have been proved correct! Much more impressive than the single art imo. Quite enjoyed "Hordes" personally, hopefully this will be even better!
Angelic Storm - 10.02.2012 at 21:06
Written by 7thSlave on 10.02.2012 at 20:59

Indeed I have been! lol

I'm totally awestruck by that artwork, it really is amazing! It's totally horrific, but in a good way, and is a great piece of artwork from the legend Wes Besconter! I really hope the music contained within can reflect it's beastly front cover. "Hordes" was good, don't get me wrong... just a bit disappointing overall for me.
Valentin B - 10.02.2012 at 21:07
Holy goddamned shit, that cover is absolutely SICK. I love how gratuituosly violent and morbid everything about it is.
Rulatore - 10.02.2012 at 21:12
Not sure if liked, but I have the same feeling that when Vader unveiled their artwork for "Welcome to the Morbid Reich", feels old-school

High hopes in this one
Darkmember - 10.02.2012 at 22:02
That's fucking sick!!!
Edmund Fogg - 10.02.2012 at 22:23
That has got to be the greatest interpretation of the four horseman I ever saw. Epic
strade - 10.02.2012 at 22:52
I came, I saw, I came.
sylrmha - 10.02.2012 at 22:52
I like it!
7thSlave - 10.02.2012 at 23:10
Written by strade on 10.02.2012 at 22:52

I came, I saw, I came.

You must have some deviant sexual tastes!
RavenKing - 11.02.2012 at 00:26
Very old school. Just as I like.
Dark Blood - 11.02.2012 at 00:41
Really awesome cover. Hopefully the content will match it.
Red_Travis - 11.02.2012 at 01:11
whitepawel - 11.02.2012 at 01:45
Now that's a cover!
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 11.02.2012 at 02:12
That's quite an original look of the supposed "Four Horsemen" on the foreground. Ha, the main middle guy looks like a Lord Of The Rings Orc! As for the rest well.... Animal skeletons should appear moreso I think on covers - Maybe I'll change that in the future!
Deadmeat - 11.02.2012 at 02:17
Fuck! i am really not sure about how "killer" the album will be, but i am sure that this cover art is AMAZING! i am stocked since i saw it! its AMAZING! AWESOME!
Angelic Storm - 11.02.2012 at 03:10
Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 11.02.2012 at 02:12
Ha, the main middle guy looks like a Lord Of The Rings Orc!

The "guy in the middle" is Kreator's "Demon" mascot! lol This is the first time since "Terrible Certainty" that anymore of him other than his head has been shown. (Although the original "Extreme Aggression" artwork featured more of him too, but not many people have seen that as it was quickly banned, and replaced with the more familiar band photo on the front cover)
Pazdzioch - 11.02.2012 at 04:06
I don't see anything special about this cover art. The most important is that this album will kick our asses really hard.
Hugoj33 - 11.02.2012 at 04:09
Excellent
Alex Fenger - 11.02.2012 at 04:25
This is actually a really cool cover, can't wait for the album
Mountain King - 11.02.2012 at 04:29
Nothing special honestly...
Never To Dawn - 11.02.2012 at 07:31
Really awesome cover!!!
TerrorZone - 11.02.2012 at 10:40
Now release the title track!
serega25 - 11.02.2012 at 11:48
The cover is brutal and thrash!:banger:
Rot Teufel - 11.02.2012 at 12:47
I got a deja vu...
Am I the only one that associate this cover to Pleasure to Kill and Terrible Certainty? It seems me like a mixture between those two covers...
Deadmeat - 11.02.2012 at 13:30
Written by Rot Teufel on 11.02.2012 at 12:47

I got a deja vu...

well, except the red background and the variety of stuff on the picture i think that it has no relation to Pleasure To Kill and of course no relation to Terrible Certainty. even the colors are more familiar to Violent Revolution. but the fact with those 2 albums you've mentioned is that this new cover of "Phantom Antichrist" is so good that it enters the "hall of fame" ( ) of their best album covers (among with those 2) so that they are now 3 (Terrible Certainty, Pleasure to Kill and Phantom Antichrist)!!!
.Nick - 11.02.2012 at 14:48
Looks cooler than the single artwork that was revealed earlier. Hopefully the music on the album will have a nice old school vibe to it as well.
Cynic Metalhead - 11.02.2012 at 16:56
Written by Red_Travis on 11.02.2012 at 01:11

The amount of energy this smiley pukes out here shows the love for this artwork. Next album of Kreator, the artwork should depict something only! Holshit!
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 12.02.2012 at 14:10
Quote:
Quote:

Who Knows except Kreator and Wes I guess... That whenever you see more then the mascot's head could actually be the younger brother substitute who just jumps out whenever possible it looks like. Seems with this one, it took a mindful of zombies and four horses to pull him out down on from this one!
Bleeding angel - 12.02.2012 at 23:31
Ah,those classicists
Raiden - 13.02.2012 at 07:57
Interesting design. Just looking at it now it sort of took a few moments to process but I like that they're moving on from their recent string of similar cover artwork.
Iron Nostarion - 15.02.2012 at 20:09
FUCKK YEAHHHH.

News UnSun - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 8.5 27.07.2010 by Enemy of Reality
News Izegrim - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 8.5 15.01.2011 by Black Conundrum
News Edguy - New Album Cover Art Revealed 8.5 02.02.2014 by FeskarN
News Sabaton - New Album Tracklist And Cover Art Revealed 8.5 16.02.2012 by Cynic Metalhead
News Necrophagia - New Album Cover Art Revealed 8.5 09.12.2010 by vezzy