Swedish progressive melodic death metallers In Mourning have revealed via Facebook the artwork, release date and tracklist of their upcoming album The Weight Of Oceans. The album is their third, it is scheduled to be released on April 18th and was recorded during late 2011 in the Abyss and Black Lounge studios in Sweden, again together with engineer Jonas Kjellgren. The cover art was created by Kristian Wåhlin.

The Weight Of Oceans tracklist:

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: In Mourning

Posted: 24.02.2012 by Kuroboshi

Comments

Beckari - 24.02.2012 at 13:33
This shall be great
100% agree with MetalHoe's comment on the cover art, it's beautiful!
Darkside Momo - 24.02.2012 at 13:34
This cover art is seriously awesome!
BloodTears - 24.02.2012 at 13:35
Excellent cover and tracklist. I was anticipating this already, now it's just huge I'm loving the concept and the songs can be quite epic. I'm picturing it already, slow-sounding riffs as waves. Ok, just imagining ahah

Good thing it comes out in April too because that is not too far away.
Slayerus23 - 24.02.2012 at 13:55
I'm hoping the best for this one!
MeloDeathViking - 24.02.2012 at 14:13
Written by BloodTears on 24.02.2012 at 13:35

Good thing it comes out in April too because that is not too far away.

I was already anticipating this album, but didn't necessarily have expectations. Now that you've said what you're imagining, it's in my head haha. I can honestly say that if I could only buy one album this year, it would be this one. In Mourning has become probably my favorite band. Monolith was a grower for me, but once it took hold, I haven't stop listening to that album. Not sure how they top Monolith, but I know they can.

Also April = Still too far away haha
Risto - 24.02.2012 at 14:15
Trademark Kristian Wåhlin, awesome
Draugen - 24.02.2012 at 14:30
Om nom nom!

I wasn't a huge fan of Monolith but I must admit that this looks really interesting and I love the concept of it.
BloodTears - 24.02.2012 at 14:57
Written by MeloDeathViking on 24.02.2012 at 14:13

Also April = Still too far away haha

Come on, it's just two months

Well, I have no complaints about this band so far, both the albums they released were great, despite mixed feelings from fans, and now I can only expect the same. Also, it doesn't need to "top" Monolith, as that may be a bit difficult, although not impossible. As long as it is a good album, I'll be pleased.
Kuroboshi - 24.02.2012 at 15:20
I'm incredibly psyched for this one! However, I'm a huge fan of the Monolith artwork, and I feel that this is a little rip-offy of Fleshgod Apocalypse. :p But cool artwork anyways. These guys and Be'lakor are my new favorite bands in this genre.
MeloDeathViking - 24.02.2012 at 15:46
Written by BloodTears on 24.02.2012 at 14:57

Written by MeloDeathViking on 24.02.2012 at 14:13

Also April = Still too far away haha

Come on, it's just two months

Oh, I don't mean that I think they have to top Monolith for me to enjoy the album, because that is far from true. Like you said, as long as it is good I'll be happy. I think the CAN top Monolith tho. I remember when they announced that album I thought there was no way they could top Shrouded Divine, but I was wrong. These guys are very under rated in my opinion. I think people just assume they are an Opeth rip off and don't give them a shot. Hopefully this album can get them out to a wider audience.
R'Vannith - 24.02.2012 at 15:52
Yes indeed, delectable artwork! My hopes have just been raised even higher.
neonxaos - 24.02.2012 at 16:15
I loved Monolith. This art leaves me cold, but who cares? Music, baby!
Cynic Metalhead - 24.02.2012 at 17:16
#02. "A Vow To Conquer The Ocean"

This is what exactly artwork is depicting and album gonna be...!
Dark Blood - 24.02.2012 at 18:53
Release date on Abril?! That's not even 2 months away! This was the news of the day.

The cover art is not really what I was expecting, but it looks nice. And the tracklist! Epic! I can't wait... ok ok *thinks to myself* it's only 2 months away, only 2 months...
Czerny Reiter - 24.02.2012 at 19:33
Highly antecipating this. Given how different the second album was from the first I wonder if a similar shift in sound is to be expected here. Any given way, top-notch prog melodeath is to be expected.
3rdWorld - 24.02.2012 at 21:09
Looks like a cross between Ktulu and some Sea dragon... if such a thing exists.
elseif - 24.02.2012 at 21:50
It looks good, might be epic
woodsmoke666 - 25.02.2012 at 19:10
Can't wait!! Not the kind of artwork I would expect but interesting none the less...
Thanntos - 27.02.2012 at 02:44
This is going to be incredible
tea[m]ster - 29.02.2012 at 03:41
I'll get this but I am more of a Be'lakor fan in this genre.
Kwis - 08.03.2012 at 17:28
I can't see this failing. Monolith was such a killer album.

News Bong - Reveal New Album Details 7 20.01.2014 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Moonsorrow - Reveal New Album Details 7 10.01.2011 by Sword_Chant
News Bloodshot Dawn - Reveal New Album Details 7 13.08.2014 by psykometal
News The 69 Eyes - Reveal New Album Details 7 27.06.2012 by Milena
News Iced Earth - Reveal First Details About New Album 7 25.04.2013 by Angel_Lament